Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Impressed by Pop in the sense that he finally said what has been obvious for a while but nobody has called it out which is Trump is Mitch's puppet. People need to be louder about it because it would get underneath Trump's skin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should show some leadership and post some stats on black Americans murdering white Americans at a 20x+ rate compared to the opposite. I think that reality might she'd light on things.
    That's just flat out wildly inaccurate (although I'm sure you believe it).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been trying to stick to sports on this forum but since it's looking like Spurs talk will be a long while away, let me dig in here on politics.

Firstly if this transcript is accurate, Popovich is in the running for being the most card-carrying leftist celebrity out there. Seriously, he called up The Nation for an interview? You couldn't preach to a choir more than that. Being a 70 year old white guy from the Air Force evidently not hurting his demo cred for some reason huh.

His Trump comments are same and retread since 2017...nothing to add there. But to go to his points on McConnell running the country, and the damage that is being done:

1) Destroyed and Degraded the Judicial system.
    What the does this even mean. Any specifics Pop? Or is getting your party's candidates appointed a crime in and of itself

2) Tried to destroy Healthcare.
    Wait so Healthcare and Obamacare synonymous. The opposing party can't tweak it without basically destroying it?

3) Destroyed the environment
    Amazing the Gregg threw this banal catch-line again without a molecule of backing. It's such a cartoonishly flagrant statement. From Page one of the leftist handbook.

Here's another head scratcher for me. If Pop is now saying his problem is with McConnell and GOP at large, where the was his activism in 2001-2008 under Dumbya?
    You know the guy who botched Iraq, Katrina, civil liberties, had a VP who was the biggest a-hole republican you can imagine.

Lastly I'll say Pop is the same guy who we have almost universally bashed this year for his rotations and play style.
    How can one berate this man's performance on his profession, which he's done for decades, and then extol how wise his political analysis is, an arena he doesn't have an objective clue about based on the generalities above.

This country needs moderates in the national assembly. Pop's thinking is so out-of-touch with mainstream America it's baffling how he's descended into this current state.
    Will be interested to hear his remarks on President Biden next January, as moderate as they come.

"The system has to change. I'll do whatever I can because that's what leaders do."

That quote sums up today's version of Popovich to the tee. Pompous and Self-Aggrandizing while feigning the opposite.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess POP got to feeling neglected so he calls up a hard left liberal friend at the liberal rag called
    the "Nation" to get some face time blasting Trump. I feel sorry for Lonnie who helped clean up some
    downtown today. He will probally be called an "uncle Tom" now. Lonnie is a good kid with a huge heart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Nathan can’t refute Trump being McConnell’s puppet
    You can on his politics all you want as rightnut huggers but you can’t argue with that statement

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess POP got to feeling neglected so he calls up a hard left liberal friend at the liberal rag called
    the "Nation" to get some face time blasting Trump. I feel sorry for Lonnie who helped clean up some
    downtown today. He will probally be called an "uncle Tom" now.
    Lonnie is a good kid with a huge heart.
    This connection you've drawn makes no sense. Pop decried the lack of organization in the same article that you didn't read

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been trying to stick to sports on this forum but since it's looking like Spurs talk will be a long while away, let me dig in here on politics.

Firstly if this transcript is accurate, Popovich is in the running for being the most card-carrying leftist celebrity out there. Seriously, he called up The Nation for an interview? You couldn't preach to a choir more than that. Being a 70 year old white guy from the Air Force evidently not hurting his demo cred for some reason huh.

His Trump comments are same and retread since 2017...nothing to add there. But to go to his points on McConnell running the country, and the damage that is being done:

What the does this even mean. Any specifics Pop? Or is getting your party's candidates appointed a crime in and of itself

Wait so Healthcare and Obamacare synonymous. The opposing party can't tweak it without basically destroying it?

Amazing the Gregg threw this banal catch-line again without a molecule of backing. It's such a cartoonishly flagrant statement. From Page one of the leftist handbook.

Here's another head scratcher for me. If Pop is now saying his problem is with McConnell and GOP at large, where the was his activism in 2001-2008 under Dumbya?
    You know the guy who botched Iraq, Katrina, civil liberties, had a VP who was the biggest a-hole republican you can imagine.

Lastly I'll say Pop is the same guy who we have almost universally bashed this year for his rotations and play style.
    How can one berate this man's performance on his profession, which he's done for decades, and then extol how wise his political analysis is, an arena he doesn't have an objective clue about based on the generalities above.

This country needs moderates in the national assembly. Pop's thinking is so out-of-touch with mainstream America it's baffling how he's descended into this current state.
    Will be interested to hear his remarks on President Biden next January, as moderate as they come.

"The system has to change. I'll do whatever I can because that's what leaders do."

That quote sums up today's version of Popovich to the tee. Pompous and Self-Aggrandizing while feigning the opposite.
    What you don’t understand is that Pop is, in fact, a moderate. You’re so far to the right you’re about to fall off the map, which gives you a warped perspective. Your idea of a moderate is someone who keeps their mouth shut.

As for ruining the judicial, Merrick Garland was an outstanding justice on the DC circuit court for a good while, and a moderate, something you seem stuck on. What he wasn’t was a pick of the Federalist Society or a drunken frat boy, so he didn’t even get a vote. A Democratic Senate approved a HW Bush pick with less time left in his term than Obama had with Garland. There is only one party packing the courts with political picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Holding a supreme court seat hostage by saying that the people should decide, then saying if that situation happened again the people he'd push through a candidate.

Tweaking healthcare would be fine but they've yet to present an alternative, McConnel voted repeatedly to destroy the ACA

How is he less qualified than trump was in 08 to speak about politics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree that Trump is McConnel's puppet, McConnel ain't pulling the strings out of some underhanded backward method the phrase "being a puppet" implies, Trump just doesn't want to do any actual work so he's letting Mitch do all the work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop with the posterizing dunk on trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is such a massive piece of . Wish he’d “unload” like this onto the piece of garbage team he’s crafted. whatever, can’t wait for November. KAG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting this. Pop was absolutely right on Trump. I'm proud of him for speaking out.

I'm also glad he called out Cruz and Graham, who once had the backbone to stand up to Trump. Now they are "obsequious" and cowardly, as they do his bidding. Cruz will be most remembered as the man who let Trump insult his wife and father and said 'yes sir, may I have another.' Quite a legacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is such a massive piece of . Wish he’d “unload” like this onto the piece of garbage team he’s crafted. whatever, can’t wait for November. KAG
    Trump s are such ing snowflakes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    downtown today. He will probally be called an "uncle Tom" now. Lonnie is a good kid with a huge heart.
    No, he won't, at least not by the majority

A number of Black athletes and celebrities helped clean the streets today with minimal backlash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop with the posterizing dunk on trump
    Great analogy!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he won't, at least not by the majority

A number of Black athletes and celebrities helped clean the streets today with minimal backlash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop with the truth..
    Why did he not tell 44 to unify
    What
    Why only say something when others are
    No balls pop ?
    He has no ing business opening his mouth up
    Mayors and governors are in charge of police
    Not the president

Lol at liberals thinking trump giving a speech is going to stop the protest

Yeah, Popovich is correct. Trump is 100% responsible for the death of George Floyd and the ensuing burning down, destruction and extreme violence occurring in several of our metro areas. If ONLY he were not POTUS, none of this would have happened. At least when OBAMA was POTUS, nothing like this happened! Oh, wait....they actually DID happen: Michael Brown, Ferguson and the Baltimore riots. So I guess OBAMA is to blame for these incidents as well??? Please explain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I saw this at work earlier I knew there'd be a nice salt filled thread on ST to enjoy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump s are such ing snowflakes.
    see you in November hopefully the dumb senile POS poop retires by then

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO! Nobody in history has ever ed up an NBA Championship as badly as Pop did in '13, and that's just 5-on-5 with some subs. This sucker acts like he could manage over 300 Million people.

He wants Trump to just say three words? Maybe Pop should have said, "Tim, stay in."

It still hurts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Popovich is correct. Trump is 100% responsible for the death of George Floyd and the ensuing burning down, destruction and extreme violence occurring in several of our metro areas. If ONLY he were not POTUS, none of this would have happened. At least when OBAMA was POTUS, nothing like this happened! Oh, wait....they actually DID happen: Michael Brown, Ferguson and the Baltimore riots. So I guess OBAMA is to blame for these incidents as well??? Please explain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why no answers pop why

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why no answers pop why
    That's not what he said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not what he said
    You’re talking to a re ed wall.

Thread Information