San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's even worse.
    the main didn't get bent over. But definitely overreacted. Thanks Gov cuomo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, imagine being 31 years old and having the political views of a backwards 70 year old Southern hick, how embarrassing.
    more name calling from the tolerant left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's true.

Actually I can understand why he's fine with the other comments but not the quote. Seemed like good usage for that quote though.
    Sowell has had his own share of criticism for downplaying racism, something you're fairly familiar with.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think people hate Pop the person, just that he's all about this stuff now, instead of coaching, tbh... there's nothing wrong with that, just retire from coaching and go head on to the next thing.

LOL. I wish he'd go do anything other than coach this team. The truth is, Pop needs Trump, to keep him from being totally irrelevant.

The thing I think is funny is that Pop has spent as much on a bottle of wine as most of you spend on rent every month. But there's a whole crew who line up to lick his ball-sweat every time he es about "white privilege". If he ever quit virtue signalling, some of you might notice that Pop is about as white as it gets, and about as privileged as it gets.

"Nuh uh... Pop is one of us! Listen to all the things he says."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. I wish he'd go do anything other than coach this team. The truth is, Pop needs Trump, to keep him from being totally irrelevant.
    I don't know about that. He was certainly fairly outpspoken about racial issues way before orangina was even a candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about that. He was certainly fairly outpspoken about racial issues way before orangina was even a candidate.

Back then, he actually was relevant. Those days are long since gone. ing about Trump is all he has now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back then, he actually was relevant. Those days are long since gone. ing about Trump is all he has now.
    Relevant how? He really hasn't coached basketball since 2014 if we're being honest...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relevant how? He really hasn't coached basketball since 2014 if we're being honest...

Ummm.... so a year or so to realize that he's over, and along comes Candidate Trump? Think about what you just said.

Nobody wants to hear his views on the decline of basketball due to the 3P shot, or the Hack-A- defense at the end of games. Trump is all he's got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh. You're sitting there thinking up an argument, but you know I'm right. Nobody gives a about what he says, other than maybe Patty Mills. But he goes on a diatribe about Trump, and suddenly he's getting some attention again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ummm.... so a year or so to realize that he's over, and along comes Candidate Trump? Think about what you just said.

Nobody wants to hear his views on the decline of basketball due to the 3P shot, or the Hack-A- defense at the end of games. Trump is all he's got.
    Well, he was accused to be an Obama apologist here, that certainly predates Trump. Or when he invited John Carlos to talk to the team. God knows ducks was having a meltdown.

What I'm saying it's not uncommon for him to single out racists like Trump and talk about issues of race.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh. You're sitting there thinking up an argument, but you know I'm right. Nobody gives a about what he says, other than maybe Patty Mills. But he goes on a diatribe about Trump, and suddenly he's getting some attention again.
    I'm not arguing for arguing, I'm pointing out that this isn't really new for him. I'm not disagreeing with you either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he was accused to be an Obama apologist here, that certainly predates Trump. Or when he invited John Carlos to talk to the team. God knows ducks was having a meltdown.

What I'm saying it's not uncommon for him to single out racists like Trump and talk about issues of race.

Well that's a tailored argument.

Inviting John Carlos is a totally different thing. Putting a motivational speaker in front of the team is nothing like these diatribes. And Ducks is likely to melt down on any night he's had more than two beers.

Pop needs Trump now, to be relevant. I'm sticking with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's a tailored argument.

Inviting John Carlos is a totally different thing. Putting a motivational speaker in front of the team is nothing like these diatribes. And Ducks is likely to melt down on any night he's had more than two beers.

Pop needs Trump now, to be relevant. I'm sticking with it.
    John Carlos was certainly not there to talk about Pop's wine collection...

But by all means, everyone here is en led to their opinion

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read and educate yourselves.Black Lives Matter is a propaganda organization built on LIES.

"
    Police officers—of all races—are also disproportionately endangered by black assailants. Over the past decade, according to FBI data, 40% of cop killers have been black. Officers are killed by blacks at a rate 2.5 times higher than the rate at which blacks are killed by police."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myths-of-black-lives-matter-1455235686

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read and educate yourselves.Black Lives Matter is a propaganda organization built on LIES.

"
    Police officers—of all races—are also disproportionately endangered by black assailants. Over the past decade, according to FBI data, 40% of cop killers have been black. Officers are killed by blacks at a rate 2.5 times higher than the rate at which blacks are killed by police."

Opinion. Everybody has one.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more name calling from the tolerant left.
    His diversity agenda doesn't seem very accepting of those with different opinions. I'm shocked.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"

BLM pushes the same information that Dems in general push. It's misguided to say the least. And if they are aware(many are aware) of that it is propaganda. It serves the lefts political agenda.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw an article that knicks and the spurs are the only teams who hasn't put out a statement regarding the protest

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @/mikecwright on twitter also hinted on what the Spurs organization does behind close doors on the matter
    Everyone may be en led to his own opinion, but to say that Pop is just doing it to be relevant sounds like a reach to me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is it all about? Because rioting, looting, and arson isn't about justice
    There have been lots of peaceful protests, some of the looters are just stupid kids trying to get relevant
    The protests are in reaction to something and instead on focusing on that something you're ready to call everyone a rioter, I don't get it
    By the way what I meant with the post is that Pop's rotations have nothing to do with this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did he not tell 44 to unify
    What
    Why only say something when others are
    No balls pop ?
    He has no ing business opening his mouth up
    Mayors and governors are in charge of police
    Not the president

Lol at liberals thinking trump giving a speech is going to stop the protest

Yeah, Popovich is correct. Trump is 100% responsible for the death of George Floyd and the ensuing burning down, destruction and extreme violence occurring in several of our metro areas. If ONLY he were not POTUS, none of this would have happened. At least when OBAMA was POTUS, nothing like this happened! Oh, wait....they actually DID happen: Michael Brown, Ferguson and the Baltimore riots. So I guess OBAMA is to blame for these incidents as well??? Please explain.
    You missed entirely the point but I can't say I'm suprised... Trump could start an ethnic cleaning that would continue to defend him. You are one of the worst human being of this site tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The honest leftists will admit their current demands are only a stepping stone. Many that don't admit that look glorify those laws in other countries. With regards to the masses that don't know anything about guns but are driven by emotion to march in the streets, well the"logic" behind their current demands is not going to disappear after their demands are met. So yeah anyone paying attention can see where the puck is going.
    Speaking from a perspective of pseudo-clairvoyance seems like an odd argument choice. Regardless, this discussion is not about guns and I'm not going to rehash that debate right now with someone who is so defensive about guns that he took my initial post and thought "guns!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The thing I think is funny is that Pop has spent as much on a bottle of wine as most of you spend on rent every month. But there's a whole crew who line up to lick his ball-sweat every time he es about "white privilege". If he ever quit virtue signalling, some of you might notice that Pop is about as white as it gets, and about as privileged as it gets.

"Nuh uh... Pop is one of us! Listen to all the things he says."
    Question: do you think that a billionaire who has spent his life lying and taking advantage of others can sympathize with middle America? Do you think that he honestly gives a rat's ass about them?

Also, white privilege is not about wealth in and of itself, so your point about his choice in wine rings hollow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People seem confused by this, so let's get on the same page. Black lives matter is, at its core, an effort to put black Americans on equal footing as human beings with their white counterparts. There are extremists in the bunch, but they do not represent the whole, as with most groups.

The fact is that NOBODY in this country would rather be black than white when being pulled over or confronted by a police officer. And let's not forget, losing your life is not the only negative outcome that can result from an interaction with a police officer. You can get injured or handicapped as well.

The bottom line is that individual officers and policing branches need more independent oversight, and our criminal Justice system needs a massive overhaul. These are reasonable asks.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how come your not freaking out with these protestors going shoulder to shoulder and covid still out there?
    Huh? That's a mystery.
    It's ing dumb to be out yelling packed tightly in the middle of a pandemic, and it probably will lead to es in COVID cases and deaths. But since COVID's a big deal to you now how come you're not freaking out at Abbott and Paxton telling cities they can't implement mask laws, which has basically killed off mask usage in the area now? Why does your president make wearing a mask into a political issue? It's the smallest and easiest yet effective thing you could do to try to protect grocery store workers, ice house cashiers, barbers, and other assorted low wage workers who have to interact with a lot of people. But the right is now such babies about the tiniest responsibility they have for protecting others because the world has to revolve around them.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-02-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Thread Information