Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk, btw if you read my post, I clearly stated the ones I met my guy.....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 years of a democratic POTUS and Iraq was still occupied, as was GITMO. Don't act like the two sides don't lock together like legos.
    well, when you destroyed everything and destabilized the entire region (which created created Isis by the way), it is hard to leave. But, hey, it was never about oil. As I said, when republicans lie or manipulate, millions die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, when you destroyed everything and destabilized the entire region (which created created Isis by the way), it is hard to leave. But, hey, it was never about oil. As I said, when republicans lie or manipulate, millions die.
    destabilized? What kept it stable, Saddam gassing the out of everyone?

idiots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You actually take Trump serious and this version of the Republicans huh?
    I don't take any politicians seriously, but their policies can seriously affect plenty. Each side wants their friends to make money so they can make money once they leave office from those friends. It's only surprising that more Americans have't just refused to participate completely. Even now around half the eligible voters actually vote.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find that most don’t like history......almost like it didn’t exist! News flash......it does��

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    destabilized? What kept it stable, Saddam gassing the out of everyone?

idiots
    the same Saddam supported by Reagan, another Republican against Iran, the same Iran that was destabilized in 1954 by the removal of elected prime minister Mossadegh by Eisenhower another Republican. Like I said, when Republicans lie, millions die

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's another opinion piece.
    Umm no its not,do you actually comprehend the English language???
    I know FACTS hurt your feelings and all but why don't you just STFU when you have no facts or statistics to prove what your social media skillz tell you/
    LOL waiting for your pithy response per par etc,etc

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pointing out you posted an opinion piece. Review the link you posted, and I replied to, and apologize to me afterwards. thanks
    It's not an opinion piece loser.Keep deflecting.I've pointed out and listed and linked all the studies on shootings/police bias etc before.
    The search key is your friend
    It's not my job to continually lead you to what you already know.
    It must really suck to hover on a forum and just regurgitate bull all day like you do
    Have fun loser!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For starters, fatal police shootings make up a much larger proportion of white and Hispanic homicide deaths than black homicide deaths. According to the Post database, in 2015 officers killed 662 whites and Hispanics, and 258 blacks. (The overwhelming majority of all those police-shooting victims were attacking the officer, often with a gun.) Using the 2014 homicide numbers as an approximation of 2015’s, those 662 white and Hispanic victims of police shootings would make up 12% of all white and Hispanic homicide deaths. That is three times the proportion of black deaths that result from police shootings.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some may find evidence of police bias in the fact that blacks make up 26% of the police-shooting victims, compared with their 13% representation in the national population. But as residents of poor black neighborhoods know too well, violent crimes are disproportionately committed by blacks. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, blacks were charged with 62% of all robberies, 57% of murders and 45% of assaults in the 75 largest U.S. counties in 2009, though they made up roughly 15% of the population there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 2015 study by University of Pennsylvania criminologist Greg Ridgeway, formerly acting director of the National Ins ute of Justice, found that, at a crime scene where gunfire is involved, black officers in the New York City Police Department were 3.3 times more likely to discharge their weapons than other officers at the scene.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is widespread concern about racial disparities in fatal officer-involved shootings and that these disparities reflect discrimination by White officers. Existing databases of fatal shootings lack information about officers, and past analytic approaches have made it difficult to assess the contributions of factors like crime. We create a comprehensive database of officers involved in fatal shootings during 2015 and predict victim race from civilian, officer, and county characteristics. We find no evidence of anti-Black or anti-Hispanic disparities across shootings, and White officers are not more likely to shoot minority civilians than non-White officers. Instead, race-specific crime strongly predicts civilian race. This suggests that increasing diversity among officers by itself is unlikely to reduce racial disparity in police shootings. https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This effort to increase minority representation will not reduce racial disparities in shootings, concludes the PNAS study, since white officers are not responsible for those disparities; black crime rates are. Moreover, lowered hiring standards risk bad police work and corruption. A 2015 Justice Department study of the Philadelphia Police Department found that black officers were 67 percent more likely than white officers to mistakenly shoot an unarmed black suspect; Hispanic officers were 145 percent more likely than white officers to mistakenly shoot an unarmed black suspect. Whether lowered hiring standards are responsible for those disparities was not addressed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Obama administration recommended in 2016 that police departments lower their entry standards in order to be able to qualify more minorities for recruitment. Departments had already been deemphasizing written exams or eliminating requirements that recruits have a clean criminal record, but the trend intensified thereafter. The Baltimore Police Department changed its qualifying exam to such an extent that the director of legal instruction in the Baltimore Police Academy complained in 2018 that rookie officers were being let out onto the street with little understanding of the law.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/case-doc...00761/download

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know its actual READING,not social media sheeple stuff but its full of FACTS
    Ya know the kind collected by state and Fed agencies,FBI,BJS etc...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myt...sm-11591119883
    That's another opinion piece.
    Umm no its not,do you actually comprehend the English language???
    It's not an opinion piece loser.Keep deflecting.

Now, apologize.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now, apologize.
    LMFAO,yeah sure.
    Heather MacDonald just testified at House Congressional hearings last week.
    If you knew remotely anything about the topic at hand you'd know she's one of its foremost journalists/researchers and all of her research is based on actual stats supplied by all the relevant state and federal agencies.
    But you keep on fishing it's about all you are good at.

Meanwhile here's an example of what's really wrong with American cities.Imagine if this guy had been White and the victim Black what would be burning ?!?
    https://nypost.com/2020/06/17/brute-...ver-100-times/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More of the lovely ghetto experience.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ia-fight-club/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you lived that “lovely ghetto experience”?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you agree it was opinion. You still haven't apologized. Go ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not wanting to enter your little disagreement, but the “Opinion / Commentary” section is typically where newspapers put articles that are not written by employees of the newspapers.

Thread Information