Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are sanctuary cities? Cause I know personally of a friend who had ice come to their house and deport their dad. He had to dye his hair and other BS just to get back. This was in 2012
    It's certainly no guarantee if you're a mojado, but possibly better than having the police outright deport him for a traffic stop.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think we're going to be going in circles here, now. I stated why I would "throw away" my vote for a third party. If Trump has you that scared, then it's your right to vote for Joe.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    What's with all of the Tom Cotton mentions? He's a Republican senator from Arkansas so I just assume he's a piece of sanctimonious bible thumping fascist, but is there a story about him or something?
    He’s been strategically positioning himself as “Trump, but smart” for a couple years now, and with the protests he’s pushed it up a few more notches. Got a bunch of attention for a NYT op-ed that worked perfectly for him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's certainly no guarantee if you're a mojado, but possibly better than having the police outright deport him for a traffic stop.
    I don't think the police deport people here. ICE does detentions throuogh freeaways, and they used to stop buses in the city, but that was long ago, and before I was born.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the police deport people here. ICE does detentions throuogh freeaways, and they used to stop buses in the city, but that was long ago, and before I was born.
    They don't have to deport, they have to report arrests to ICE, so ICE has a chance to call back and tell them to hold them longer until they can deport them.

That's what sanctuary cities don't do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been strategically positioning himself as “Trump, but smart” for a couple years now, and with the protests he’s pushed it up a few more notches. Got a bunch of attention for a NYT op-ed that worked perfectly for him.
    Deplorables are intensely su ious of smart...

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    it's literally a repeat of 2004 after the DNC sabotaged Howard Dean's campaign once he got a little too far left for their looking

"I know John Kerry is the most uninteresting eggheaded centrist corporate shill there is to offer, BUT YOU NEED TO VOTE FOR HIM BECAUSE ANOTHER 4 YEARS OF GWB = DOOMSDAY!!!"

NO NO NO, he killed his own campaign for yelling “YEAAAHHH” weird. That’s 100% why! No DNC meddling! He just yelled funny and nobody forgives that!

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Deplorables are intensely su ious of smart...
    Smart from New York, yes. That’s when you need a dip like Trump.

Smart from Arkansas makes them all feel smart.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

NO NO NO, he killed his own campaign for yelling “YEAAAHHH” weird. That’s 100% why! No DNC meddling! He just yelled funny and nobody forgives that!
    I remember being a 14 year old and %100 believing this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart from New York, yes. That’s when you need a dip like Trump.

Smart from Arkansas makes them all feel smart.
    touche

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The biggest difference between GWB and Trump to me is that I understand why people liked GWB - at a personal level he seems likeable (i.e., the goofy he did standing next to Mic e Obama during that service). I don't understand why people like a bag billionaire who's always angry, serious and insecure. Usually s bag Republicans get elected because they're someone you "want to have a beer with." It'd be fun to have a beer with GWB, but there's absolutely nothing that makes me think Trump is someone you want to have a beer with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest difference between GWB and Trump to me is that I understand why people liked GWB - at a personal level he seems likeable (i.e., the goofy he did standing next to Mic e Obama during that service). I don't understand why people like a bag billionaire who's always angry, serious and insecure. Usually s bag Republicans get elected because they're someone you "want to have a beer with." It'd be fun to have a beer with GWB, but there's absolutely nothing that makes me think Trump is someone you want to have a beer with.
    Don't forget this guy also set the English language back about half a century... I don't think we had such a terrible communicator in my lifetime.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget this guy also set the English language back about half a century... I don't think we had such a terrible communicator in my lifetime.
    I honestly don't know whether you're talking about W or Trump here.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're missing the point where Obama built these cages.
    I don't remember his overcrowding them.

But yes, the Yemen war that started under Obama, that no one really cared about until 2017
    Meh, Trump took det extra step to grease the skids for MBS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be saying this regardless of who the Dem nominee was. It's a daily affirmation to distract yourself from the fact that your "side" got hijacked by a cult of racist morons, and you will have to continue to cater to those people to have any chance of staying in power.

People who ran your party twelve years ago are all jumping ship. But sure, you guys are sailing smooth.
    Yeah it's true Dubya, Romney and the like are on board with Biden reports say.

and you're happy to have them

lol Party of change

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Bush's biggest mistake really was surrounding himself with s bags and listening to them. I have more sympathy for that than Trump surrounding himself with sychophants and getting rid of any dissenting opinons.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

lol Party of change
    Democrats celebrating GWB, Romney, and Mattis as heroes.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    2008 Message: "Hope and change"

2020 Message: "The people don't really want a revolution, just a milquetoast moderate who can beat Trump and then check into a memory care center"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don't know whether you're talking about W or Trump here.
    Trump, hands down... like not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol Party of change
    Are you happy with the Trump presidency right now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2008 Message: "Hope and change"

2020 Message: "The people don't really want a revolution, just a milquetoast moderate who can beat Trump and then check into a memory care center"
    Yes, I think most of them rather liked how things were before Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats celebrating GWB, Romney, and Mattis as heroes.
    You'd rather be on the side that's losing every respected leader they've had in modern times? To each his own I guess.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yes, I think most of them rather liked how things were before Trump.
    The rust belt Dems who voted Obama/Obama/Trump clearly didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol Party of change
    You can spin it however you want, the fact is your "side" controlled every branch of the government 3 years ago and is in danger of losing control because they couldn't stop a racist TV celebrity from hijacking the party.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You'd rather be on the side that's losing every respected leader they've had in modern times? To each his own I guess.
    I'd rather be on the side that gets its agenda done by any means necessary, even if it means alienating former leaders in their party. This mindset is the problem Democrats have, they don't want to be the party of universal healthcare because it might make Joe Manchin and Heidi Heitkamp upset.

Thread Information