Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s relying too much on center right suburban white women to find out imo. The polls/betting odds have the race coming down to Arizona which is a state with no black vote but a swath of suburban white women who don’t like Trump but can get swayed by the dumbest .
    ELENA!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but my point is he was already the favorite when he guaranteed a female VP. I take the under on that being a calculated political move - seems a lot more like a senial old man shooting from the hip with impulsive ideas.
    He was the favorite; but the point is it was a panic move b/c he didn't want to lose his edge and he wanted to dominate the headline of the debate. That headline made the debate rather secondary.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just another race baiting like 44.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just another race baiting like 44.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was the favorite; but the point is it was a panic move b/c he didn't want to lose his edge and he wanted to dominate the headline of the debate. That headline made the debate rather secondary.
    It doesn't make sense that it was a panic move because he knew he had a nearly insurmountable lead. Seems more to me that he actually believes a woman should be on the ticket and that he was positioning himself for the general election.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    FYI Val Demings record as the Orlando chief of police is far from spotless. Plenty of excessive force complaints that Demings was criticized for not treating seriously enough.

Guaranteeing a female VP pick without looking at who the actual options are was a colossal up no matter how you slice it. We wouldn’t even be talking about Stacey Abrams or Val Demings right now if Biden didn’t limit himself.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't make sense that it was a panic move because he knew he had a nearly insurmountable lead. Seems more to me that he actually believes a woman should be on the ticket and that he was positioning himself for the general election.
    Panic sewn into it. He was now taking on Bernie 1v1 for the first time and knew he could get exposed. But certainly it was shameless virtue signaling too. So if you want to call it a two-for then that's okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's stupid iden y politics that have no place in the GE.

Perfectly capable men of all races are basically told to off, because Joe wants a woman around him. They should pick the VP without regard to race, religion, sex and all that other . In fact, saying he's going to pick a certain sex ahead of time is problematic for many reasons. Imagine he said "I'm only picking a male".

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i'm pretty sure a bag of onions would be a better president than trump at this point. pretty much anything would be better

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Has to be Kamala Harris or Gretchen Whitmer imo. The Kamala Harris prosecutor already ran its course through the news cycle so it won’t be talked about as much, and even though she’s white Whitmer is a better candidate than all of the black/Latino possibilities that are grossly under qualified.

This wouldn’t be as big a deal except the candidate himself is a senile 1 term president who’s going to be relying on the VP a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris would appeal to the swing voters because of her tough stance on crime. I don't know how she'd do in a debate with Pence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI Val Demings record as the Orlando chief of police is far from spotless. Plenty of excessive force complaints that Demings was criticized for not treating seriously enough.

Guaranteeing a female VP pick without looking at who the actual options are was a colossal up no matter how you slice it. We wouldn’t even be talking about Stacey Abrams or Val Demings right now if Biden didn’t limit himself.
    I thought Amy K. was going to be the pick and would have been a good pick. Not now, but who could have seen this coming in her state? Well maybe some people but he and she aren't among them, ehhhh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris would appeal to the swing voters because of her tough stance on crime. I don't know how she'd do in a debate with Pence.
    VP Debates don't matter. Except maybe when Palin was there.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I thought Amy K. was going to be the pick and would have been a good pick. Not now, but who could have seen this coming in her state? Well maybe some people but he and she aren't among them, ehhhh.
    Yeah Hillary clinton was a ty candidate but I’m sure an even ier version of Hillary Clinton with a Karen haircut would have worked out really well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Trump are still within the margin of error of each other in most polls. A good candidate would be mopping the floor with Trump right now but Joe can barely keep his eyes open.

He was so ing stupid to commit to picking a woman as his VP. Cory Booker would be the no brainer VP pick right now if not for that.
    Cory Booker could announce that he now self identifies as a woman.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think just about anyone could beat Trump at this point. He's self destructing more and more with every passing day
    Don't think so. He's the in bent and the popular vote won't matter again if Whitmer costs team blue the chance to take back Michigan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking Booker too. It's not a margin of error race though. Biden is +10% among registered voters.

Also, Biden kind of needed to commit to picking a woman to win the primary at the time.
    It's still way too early, in political time. 4+ months to go to the election, plenty of time, and frankly campaigns haven't even gone full swing yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's also arguable that Joe needs to pander to black people more after the Floyd murder, tbh... I think this episode did more to mobilize african americans than anything vanilla Joe could've said or done.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm pretty sure a bag of onions would be a better president than trump at this point. pretty much anything would be better
    Sad, but it really has come to this. For decades now, it has been about choosing what we feel is the lesser of two evils. Agreed though, Biden would be better than Trump, arguably the most divisive president ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was being partisan I would be hoping for Stacey Abrams as the VP pick. She would get slaughtered as the in bent pick in 2024.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Hillary clinton was a ty candidate but I’m sure an even ier version of Hillary Clinton with a Karen haircut would have worked out really well.
    I think it would have worked out well for Dems. Clinton had decades of baggage that Amy doesn't. It's a ridiculous comparison TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Trump are still within the margin of error of each other in most polls. A good candidate would be mopping the floor with Trump right now but Joe can barely keep his eyes open.

He was so ing stupid to commit to picking a woman as his VP. Cory Booker would be the no brainer VP pick right now if not for that.
    tbh..

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Transgender Cory Booker would still be a better VP pick than Klobuchar tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VP Debates don't matter. Except maybe when Palin was there.
    You're wrong, but that's nothing new.

The Pence/Kaine debate was part of what gave Trump the edge. Many were calling for Pence to be the presidential candidate instead of Trump. Kaine came across as a pompous asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care how they dress or what they identify as, as long as they show up for work and get the job done.

Thread Information