Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You're wrong, but that's nothing new.

The Pence/Kaine debate was part of what gave Trump the edge. Many were calling for Pence to be the presidential candidate instead of Trump. Kaine came across as a pompous asshole.
    The 2012 debate was important too. Biden’s “now you’re Jack Kennedy?!” comment was classic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Pence/Kaine debate was part of what gave Trump the edge. Many were calling for Pence to be the presidential candidate instead of Trump. Kaine came across as a pompous asshole.
    Nobody gave a crap about it.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The VP Debate was on October 4. Doesn't look like it impacted Trump positively, if at all. I would lean towards no one gave a crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The VP Debate was on October 4. Doesn't look like it impacted Trump positively, if at all. I would lean towards no one gave a crap.

you're really going to go to the polls after she got beat with the polls showing her winning handily?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Trump loses there will be no peaceful transition of power.. The FBI will have to bust into the Oval Office, and shackle him so he doesn't launch Nukes..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're really going to go to the polls after she got beat with the polls showing her winning handily?
    polls had her winning nationally by 3 points, she won by about 2. polls reflect the popular vote

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...nton-5491.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2012 debate was important too. Biden’s “now you’re Jack Kennedy?!” comment was classic.
    Vanilla Joe even stole det one...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senato...o_Jack_Kennedy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I'm going to go to the polls if we're looking for data supporting how a VP debate affected public opinion.

It certainly beats your anecdote.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread on November 4, 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread on November 4, 2020.
    All threads are going to be a lot of fun in election night

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    polls had her winning nationally by 3 points, she won by about 2. polls reflect the popular vote

Starting out at Hillary 53, Trump 34.
    That couldn't have been more bull .
    Lite, we all know this is made up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting out at Hillary 53, Trump 34.
    That couldn't have been more bull .
    Lite, we all know this is made up.
    yet proved to be fairly accurate at the end, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Creative word wrangling there to suggest that all polls only consider national popular vote.

On the first point, the autopsy found that 13% of voters in Wisconsin, Florida, and Pennsylvania — three states Trump won narrowly over Clinton and helped catapult him to an unlikely victory — decided on their presidential choice in the final week of the election. Overwhelmingly, those voters broke for Trump: In Wisconsin, they chose Trump over Clinton by a 30-point margin. In Florida and Pennsylvania, the margin was 17 percentage points.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7399671.html

A survey from the Princeton Election Consortium has found that Hillary Clinton has a 99 per cent chance of winning the election over Donald Trump.

Three days before the election, Ms Clinton has a projected 312 electoral votes, compared to 226 for Mr Trump. A total of 270 electoral votes are needed to win.

The probability statistic was found by the university’s statistical Bayesian model.

The developer of the model, neuro and data scientist Princeton professor Sam Wang, correctly predicted 49 out of 50 states in 2012.

Other polls were less bullish on a Clinton victory. FiveThirtyEight said the likelihood Ms Clinton would win was 65 per cent, while the New York Times upshot said there was a 85 per cent chance.

So who are you trying to gas light here Philo in suggesting the polls weren't that wrong? Did I invent the narrative of the polls being wrong in 2016?

I never mentioned points. I said 'win handily". She lost. It's a game of electoral votes, not popular votes. Stop moving the in' goalposts to suit your "ya-but"s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I'm going to go to the polls if we're looking for data supporting how a VP debate affected public opinion.

It certainly beats your anecdote.
    You cannot show VP debate results in your poll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    national polls do, which are the ones most frequently cited

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They always try to make it close at the end to avoid the egg on their face.
    That doesn't change that they made up submission polls the rest the time to control the narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    national polls do, which are the ones most frequently cited
    Oh a caveat.

So how can you track the effect the VP debate has on the election without a "with and without the VP debate" chart?

As Trump grew and Clinton fell, why isn't any of that being associated with the VP debate, at all? It had to happen on that day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They always try to make it close at the end to avoid the egg on their face.
    That doesn't change that they made up submission polls the rest the time to control the narrative.
    doesn't look very close here...

maybe some races are closer than others...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Creative word wrangling there to suggest that all polls only consider national popular vote.

On the first point, the autopsy found that 13% of voters in Wisconsin, Florida, and Pennsylvania — three states Trump won narrowly over Clinton and helped catapult him to an unlikely victory — decided on their presidential choice in the final week of the election. Overwhelmingly, those voters broke for Trump: In Wisconsin, they chose Trump over Clinton by a 30-point margin. In Florida and Pennsylvania, the margin was 17 percentage points.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7399671.html

A survey from the Princeton Election Consortium has found that Hillary Clinton has a 99 per cent chance of winning the election over Donald Trump.

Three days before the election, Ms Clinton has a projected 312 electoral votes, compared to 226 for Mr Trump. A total of 270 electoral votes are needed to win.

The probability statistic was found by the university’s statistical Bayesian model.

The developer of the model, neuro and data scientist Princeton professor Sam Wang, correctly predicted 49 out of 50 states in 2012.

Other polls were less bullish on a Clinton victory. FiveThirtyEight said the likelihood Ms Clinton would win was 65 per cent, while the New York Times upshot said there was a 85 per cent chance.

So who are you trying to gas light here Philo in suggesting the polls weren't that wrong? Did I invent the narrative of the polls being wrong in 2016?

I never mentioned points. I said 'win handily". She lost. It's a game of electoral votes, not popular votes. Stop moving the in' goalposts to suit your "ya-but"s.
    - national polls reflect the national popular vote

- princeton election consortium was way off. good for them

- 65% or even 85% aren't guarantees

if i said i have a 17% chance of rolling a 6, and then i roll a 6, does that mean i was wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot show VP debate results in your poll.
    You can't show them in your anecdote, yet it was enough to be like "Nuh uh, DUMBASS, the VP Debate was totally important cuz people were saying DURRRR."

As I recall, no one gave a about the VP debate, no one watched it, and it had no impact on popular opinion or the results of the election. But that's just my anecdote. So yours is cancelled out and we're left with polls.

Unless you have better data. (You don't.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Nuh uh, DUMBASS, the VP Debate was totally important cuz people were saying DURRRR."

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't look very close here...

maybe some races are closer than others...
    The exception that proves the rule. They were really desperate for Obama.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who is "they" and i would assume you would have called those same people desperate for clinton, particularly against trump

Thread Information