Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who is "they" and i would assume you would have called those same people desperate for clinton, particularly against trump
    yah, not sure who "they" are either...

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    I think just about anyone could beat Trump at this point. He's self destructing more and more with every passing day
    I agree....but there’s a big ass portion of America that we don’t and won’t hear from that will still go out and vote in November. White, Middle to Upper class baby boomers will come out in droves to support Trump. It could very easily swing it in favor of Trump. IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    He’s relying too much on center right suburban white women to find out imo. The polls/betting odds have the race coming down to Arizona which is a state with no black vote but a swath of suburban white women who don’t like Trump but can get swayed by the dumbest .
    Man is this 100% true. The Arizona part that is. I have a bunch of cousins in the Phoenix area ages 40 thru 60 and they’re the dumbest members of society on the planet. They’re ALL Karen’s and would change their votes for absolutely no good reasons.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Man is this 100% true. The Arizona part that is. I have a bunch of cousins in the Phoenix area ages 40 thru 60 and they’re the dumbest members of society on the planet. They’re ALL Karen’s and would change their votes for absolutely no good reasons.
    The greater Phoenix area might have the highest concentration of Karen’s I’ve ever seen , a bunch of soccer moms who complain to the teacher if their kid gets a B.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    The greater Phoenix area might have the highest concentration of Karen’s I’ve ever seen , a bunch of soccer moms who complain to the teacher if their kid gets a B.
    It’s really crazy. I personally think Denver has more but not by much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bunker vs Vanilla Joe... we deserve everything that's coming to us, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Trump are still within the margin of error of each other in most polls. A good candidate would be mopping the floor with Trump right now but Joe can barely keep his eyes open.

He was so ing stupid to commit to picking a woman as his VP. Cory Booker would be the no brainer VP pick right now if not for that.
    What polls have you been looking at? The spread is well outside the margin of error in the states that Hillary lost.

I disagree that this is coming down to Arizona. Winning that state would be like a bonus.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6861.html
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6761.html
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6849.html

Ok, 2 out of 3. But he still leads.

In turn here's Florida
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6841.html

So they are pretty interchangable. Biden seems to have a broader path to 270. Even if you deny him Wisconsin, etc.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What polls have you been looking at? The spread is well outside the margin of error in the states that Hillary lost.

I disagree that this is coming down to Arizona. Winning that state would be like a bonus.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6861.html
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6761.html
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6849.html

Ok, 2 out of 3. But he still leads.

In turn here's Florida
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6841.html

So they are pretty interchangable. Biden seems to have a broader path to 270. Even if you deny him Wisconsin, etc.
    I think there’s more potential for funny business in Wisconsin given the corrupt state legislator and state Supreme Court. Same thing with Florida - in the last 2 elections Florida’s actual results have skewed more Republican than the polls did. You can bet DeSantis will do everything he can to make voting impossible in places like Broward County.

The most recent round of betting odds I looked at have Biden favored in Michigan and Pennsylvania, Arizona as a dead heat between them and Trump as the slight favorite in Wisconsin, Florida and North Carolina.

Keep in mind, when I say it’s coming down to Arizona, I think Trump is underestimating how much trouble he’s in down there. Mark Kelly is up 13 points on McSally, which means Biden probably has a 9 point edge at least imo. The demographic makeup of the state also hurts Trump, very small rural population and a lot of suburban Karens in Maricopa County who always voted Republican before Trump but find him to be repulsive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't show them in your anecdote, yet it was enough to be like "Nuh uh, DUMBASS, the VP Debate was totally important cuz people were saying DURRRR."

As I recall, no one gave a about the VP debate, no one watched it, and it had no impact on popular opinion or the results of the election. But that's just my anecdote. So yours is cancelled out and we're left with polls.

Unless you have better data. (You don't.)
    I don't think I used an anecdote.

The importance of Pence wasn't to destroy Kaine and make America love Pence, but to shelter Trump with his opposite personality style and evasiveness. That was to pick up late decision swing voters. It obviously worked - Trump won. That's not an anecdote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there’s more potential for funny business in Wisconsin given the corrupt state legislator and state Supreme Court. Same thing with Florida - in the last 2 elections Florida’s actual results have skewed more Republican than the polls did. You can bet DeSantis will do everything he can to make voting impossible in places like Broward County.

The most recent round of betting odds I looked at have Biden favored in Michigan and Pennsylvania, Arizona as a dead heat between them and Trump as the slight favorite in Wisconsin, Florida and North Carolina.

Keep in mind, when I say it’s coming down to Arizona, I think Trump is underestimating how much trouble he’s in down there. Mark Kelly is up 13 points on McSally, which means Biden probably has a 9 point edge at least imo. The demographic makeup of the state also hurts Trump, very small rural population and a lot of suburban Karens in Maricopa County who always voted Republican before Trump but find him to be repulsive.
    Don't forget there's also 2 districts in Nebraska and Maine that split electoral votes. That might seems like a nuisance, but Biden can win with those 2 electors + Michigan and Pennsylvania. It's a stretch, but also something that might be at play.

Also noteworthy, it's likely Trump wins re-election on a EC tie.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Don't forget there's also 2 districts in Nebraska and Maine that split electoral votes. That might seems like a nuisance, but Biden can win with those 2 electors + Michigan and Pennsylvania. It's a stretch, but also something that might be at play.

Also noteworthy, it's likely Trump wins re-election on a EC tie.
    The crazies in Northern Maine love Trump, I’d be surprised if he loses that district.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think I used an anecdote.

The importance of Pence wasn't to destroy Kaine and make America love Pence, but to shelter Trump with his opposite personality style and evasiveness. That was to pick up late decision swing voters. It obviously worked - Trump won. That's not an anecdote.
    I literally said I was giving an anecdote and you still bolded me as if to say "gotcha."

The best thing you can say about the 2016 VP Debate is that it didn't cost Trump the election. With victory as the standard, you could just as easily say every VP debate in history was crucial to the election of the eventual President. You can apply that standard to anything you want. You could say the Vince Foster controversy helped Bill Clinton because "he won." It doesn't tell you anything, and it's a lazy way to make a case.

From an actual data standpoint, there's nothing to suggest the VP debate helped Trump. In fact, the data would suggest it actually hurt him. But we don't know that for certain either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I literally said I was giving an anecdote and you still bolded me as if to say "gotcha."

The best thing you can say about the 2016 VP Debate is that it didn't cost Trump the election. With victory as the standard, you could just as easily say every VP debate in history was crucial to the election of the eventual President. You can apply that standard to anything you want. You could say the Vince Foster controversy helped Bill Clinton because "he won." It doesn't tell you anything, and it's a lazy way to make a case.

From an actual data standpoint, there's nothing to suggest the VP debate helped Trump. In fact, the data would suggest it actually hurt him. But we don't know that for certain either.
    No, I bolded to say I didn't use an anecdote. You said I did.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Did anyone even watch the 2016 debate? Imo the 2012 debate actually mattered because of how much Romney has adopted Ryan’s platform, but the 2016 VPs were about as vanilla as it gets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The crazies in Northern Maine love Trump, I’d be surprised if he loses that district.
    It's just intriguing, because Clinton, Gore, Kerry and Obama all carried that district.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kerry can do it...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It's just intriguing, because Clinton, Gore, Kerry and Obama all carried that district.
    Northern Maine has a huge white supremacist/survivalist element, Republicans supported Trump precisely because he could capture the type of voter in northern Maine the way establishment Republicans couldn’t. The last Republican Governor of Maine was overtly racist and called for deporting black people out of the state

Same thing to a lesser extent in New Hampshire - the Republicans are in the clear minority, but they love Trump a lot more than they did prior candidates so they turned out for him and made 2016 a really close race in that state.
    Last edited by Will Hunting; 06-02-2020 at 06:39 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone even watch the 2016 debate? Imo the 2012 debate actually mattered because of how much Romney has adopted Ryan’s platform, but the 2016 VPs were about as vanilla as it gets.
    Sure, see excerpts below

Pence is probably the real candidate because Trump is too lazy to be president. He already offered Kasich control of foreign and domestic policy if he took up the VP offer. Trump is going to be like W first term when he was always busy clearing brush while letting Cheney play president.
    My new hypothesis is that Trump surrogates will pivot after the VP debate, no matter who "wins" the debate itself, and argue that a vote for Trump can be justified as a vote for Pence. They might even go so far as to intimate that Trump may not serve out a full term and that Pence is the real candidate here.

Play the hand your dealt, they say.
    I think both Pence & Kaine are interesting men & I was looking forward to hearing their vision for America. Instead we got Kaine interrupting Pence as often as possible & a moderator who lost control of the exchanges blaming both candidates…Three people talking over each other & nobody getting their message out…What a missed opportunity for Kaine as he came off as a weak ankle biter with no clear vision on anything…Kaine did not win over ANY voters on the fence…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerry got a purple heart for doing so as he tweaked his back.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Sure, see excerpts below
    Touché I guess , but I will note that those three posters had made up their mind well before the VP debate

Bill Maher characterized the debate accurately at the time imo: it was basically the albino guy from da Vinci Code vs. the goofy homeowner who answers to door on Halloween wearing a costume himself.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, see excerpts below
    I was a little off, instead of being Pence's useful idiot he has been McConnell's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Northern Maine has a huge white supremacist/survivalist element, Republicans supported Trump precisely because he could capture the type of voter in northern Maine the way establishment Republicans couldn’t. The last Republican Governor of Maine was overtly racist and called for deporting black people out of the state

Same thing to a lesser extent in New Hampshire - the Republicans are in the clear minority, but they love Trump a lot more than they did prior candidates so they turned out for him and made 2016 a really close race in that state.
    I believe you, just wondering because it shows only as leaning red right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's Stormfront holding up, tbh? are they at least happy two white guys are going at it in November?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    How's Stormfront holding up, tbh? are they at least happy two white guys are going at it in November?
    I lurked about 5 years ago. Pointless now, their rhetoric is now public.

Thread Information