Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1147
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not so sure COVID and the shutdowns didn't rally votes in Trump's favor. The only evidence we have that COVID hurt Trump is polling, which has turned out to be worthless.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And even with COVID, Trump would have landslided Biden on the EC had McConnell let a stimulus bill pass. No way that doesn't flip votes in WI and MI where they're getting raped by the pandemic if they have a $1200 check coming with Trump's name on it.
    No doubt. Heck, even with no stimulus and even with horrible COVID management, I think Trump probably clings to enough of the educated suburban vote to win if he doesn’t act like a wild animal in the first debate.

The Democrats should very much view this election as a referendum on their inability to reach working class voters. Despite ing them over for 4 years, Trump ran up the score with working class whites by an even bigger margin.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh Democrats would rather keep blowing elections than be a left party. They didn't learn from 2106, they're definitely not going to learn from 2020 when they probably still eek out the election.
    What is there to lean?

if you’re going to be the president of the United States, you have to be inclusive to all citizens. The reality is one party has devolved into a cult of personality, fueled by anger resentment and fear.

you’re right, those people are never ever going to be reached. You have to out vote them, but you have a sect of this country that would rather have nothing, if it means black people also have nothing. Ironically, all these Mexicans flexing on here, are seen as exactly the same as a black person by the people they voted for.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt. Heck, even with no stimulus and even with horrible COVID management, I think Trump probably clings to enough of the educated suburban vote to win if he doesn’t act like a wild animal in the first debate.

The Democrats should very much view this election as a referendum on their inability to reach working class voters. Despite ing them over for 4 years, Trump ran up the score with working class whites by an even bigger margin.

so, how do you appeal to working class voters that care more about being able to be openly racist than about their pocket books?

this election was absolutely about the make up of the citizenry of this country. 4 years ago, you could pretend he was an unknown quan y. After 4 years of him, and the r’s showing their asses, people getting crushed by a virus he is on tape saying he knew was deadly, but actively fought doing anything to try to address it, and they still voted for him. Why? Because they support him, not the party, but him.

and they voted for people down the ballot, because they are seen as people that will help him.

In what world can you appeal to those people?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    so, how do you appeal to working class voters that care more about being able to be openly racist than about their pocket books?

this election was absolutely about the make up of the citizenry of this country. 4 years ago, you could pretend he was an unknown quan y. After 4 years of him, and the r’s showing their asses, people getting crushed by a virus he is on tape saying he knew was deadly, but actively fought doing anything to try to address it, and they still voted for him. Why? Because they support him, not the party, but him.

and they voted for people down the ballot, because they are seen as people that will help him.

In what world can you appeal to those people?
    Move to the right on immigration. Sorry, but the electorate has made it clear that it wants hardline populist immigration policy. Even the hispanic electorate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Move to the right on immigration. Sorry, but the electorate has made it clear that it wants hardline populist immigration policy. Even the hispanic electorate.
    I agree. That’s a start. But like you said in the election thread, these first time voters in 16 and now 20 that follow the trump cult are never going to be reached. There is no message, whatsoever, any dem can ever use to sway them.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. That’s a start. But like you said in the election thread, these first time voters in 16 and now 20 that follow the trump cult are never going to be reached. There is no message, whatsoever, any dem can ever use to sway them.
    True, the great hope is that the cult is confined to Trump. We'll have to see how the Cottons and Cruzes try to take up his mantle if Biden wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie got a ton of mojado support in the primary. Massa Cylburn put an end to that though. I'm really ing tired of nominating national candidates based on what redstates that have no chance of voting D in the general want.
    This.

Any -5+ red state all go to the back of the primary line, front load it with battlegrounds and base states. you SC and Iowa.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, the great hope is that the cult is confined to Trump. We'll have to see how the Cottons and Cruzes try to take up his mantle if Biden wins.
    you put the same ugly message with a polished professional looking person, who appeals to these suburban moms that moved to Biden will bring them back in the fold to keep blacks and Mexicans out of their neighborhoods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you put the same ugly message with a polished professional looking person, who appeals to these suburban moms that moved to Biden will bring them back in the fold to keep blacks and Mexicans out of their neighborhoods
    True, it might have worked for Trump had he not been so overtly racist and condescendingly misogynistic about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have not read the thread but going by the le - I agree - a mild mannered, lukewarm foil to the fiery personality of Trump. Alas, such was the Trump hate that it drove my two brothers who have never voted in their entire lives (nor ever shown the slightest interest in politics until Donald Trump) to the polls. Hopefully, I will not have to put up with any more conversation of how Trump is as bad as Hilter, Stalin or Mao.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have not read the thread but going by the le - I agree - a mild mannered, lukewarm foil to the fiery personality of Trump. Alas, such was the Trump hate that it drove my two brothers who have never voted in their entire lives (nor ever shown the slightest interest in politics until Donald Trump) to the polls. Hopefully, I will not have to put up with any more conversation of how Trump is as bad as Hilter, Stalin or Mao.
    He's not as bad as those.

He's the just worst president in modern American history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

67.4 million Americans don't agree with this (at least, not enough to stop them from voting for him) - something Dems seem to forget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    67.4 million Americans don't agree with this (at least, not enough to stop them from voting for him) - something Dems seem to forget.
    Wilson got elected twice and he is 2nd worst to Trump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My brothers were not the only ones, but at least I can blast them back. Unfortunately, the other was hubby's first cousin at his family reunion - he had to hold me back - can not act up with the in-laws, you know - even after all these decades :-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not blaming Biden since the problem lies with the Democratic Party more than him, but as I’ve previously said, Trump wins this election in a landslide if not for COVID-19. What the Democrats have done for the last 2 election cycles clearly hasn’t worked even if they manage to squeak this race out. Tom Perez needs to be replaced as head of the DNC with someone more dynamic, and it should be clear now that centrism doesn’t work. The centrist Dems who picked up a seat in 2018 got crushed this year.
    spot on, and I've been saying this since the primaries, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My brothers were not the only ones, but at least I can blast them back. Unfortunately, the other was hubby's first cousin at his family reunion - he had to hold me back - can not act up with the in-laws, you know.
    triggered by Biden supporters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    triggered by Biden supporters.
    There aren't many of those - OUTNUMBERED by Trump HATERS.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BREAKING: Wisconsin has more votes than people who are registered to vote.

Total number of registered voters: 3,129,000
    Total number of votes cast:
    This is direct evidence of fraud.

Haven't checked the numbers. This is a claim someone posted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There aren't many of those - OUTNUMBERED by Trump HATERS.
    That's what makes your being triggered even more pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is ed

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My brothers were not the only ones, but at least I can blast them back. Unfortunately, the other was hubby's first cousin at his family reunion - he had to hold me back - can not act up with the in-laws, you know - even after all these decades :-)
    Yeah too bad he held you back from getting your ass kicked

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what makes your being triggered even more pathetic.
    I am not triggered - just mulling how to adjust to a market that is not volatile (that's a big plus with Trump for me re: buying/selling) - and one that probably doesn't go up - at least, after the initial euphoria of Biden winning wears off and people realize that more taxes and regulation aren't good for business.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not triggered - just mulling how to adjust to a market that is not volatile (that's a big plus with Trump for me re: buying/selling) - and one that probably doesn't go up - at least, after the initial euphoria of Biden winning wears off and people realize that more taxes and regulation aren't good for business.
    There is not going to be more taxes dumbass, McConnell still controls the senate

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah too bad he held you back from getting your ass kicked
    Not from a 99 lb. surburban, CNN-watching female - I'd win that one - physically or otherwise.

Thread Information