Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude, donald trump is president
    What's that supposed to mean? Mid was laying it on thick about how upright and proper the dems are, but in reality they are right there with the republicans, trying to get into power so they can move the money train tracks over to their friends instead of Trump's friends. Surely you don't believe these gots are morally driven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with her isn’t “baggage”, it’s that she’s not only a Fox News boogeyman but is vanilla and offers nothing unique. She’s all downside and no upside. If you’re going to pick a Fox News boogeyman as your VP pick one who actually energizes voters and gets people excited.
    My feeling is that getting rid of Trump, Kuckner, and that whole clan of grifters and incompetents should energize us enough. I get what you're saying, with how devoted Trump's base is (and his likelihood to cheat) the Dems need to maximize their odds with optimal moves, but damn, if Trump's existence doesn't motivate all of us to crawl over broken glass to cast a vote against him, then I guess we collectively get what we deserve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's that supposed to mean? Mid was laying it on thick about how upright and proper the dems are, but in reality they are right there with the republicans, trying to get into power so they can move the money train tracks over to their friends instead of Trump's friends. Surely you don't believe these gots are morally driven.
    obviously both dems and republicans want political power, thats the purpose of the existence of a political party.

i dont think dems would run anybody as absurdly incompetent and unqualified as trump.

before you get into "how can he be incompetent if he won" i'm talking about competence for the role of the presidency, not competence in grifting the public to get him there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My feeling is that getting rid of Trump, Kuckner, and that whole clan of grifters and incompetents should energize us enough. I get what you're saying, with how devoted Trump's base is (and his likelihood to cheat) the Dems need to maximize their odds with optimal moves, but damn, if Trump's existence doesn't motivate all of us to crawl over broken glass to cast a vote against him, then I guess we collectively get what we deserve.
    Trump is what you deserve for running Hillary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is what you deserve for running Hillary.
    i can buy that hillary was a poor candidate that enabled republicans to win the election. that doesnt mean republicans were forced to nominate a loon like trump in the first place

its amazing that there are people who voted for trump twice (once in the primary, once in the general) and then say YOU ARE WHY TRUMP WON. no... the person who voted for him twice is more responsible for the result

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not dem politicians necessarily, but Dem/Liberal voters. I see it in political conversations all over. Dems will comb through a candidate's voting history, examine his cabinet picks in fine detail, and pick up apart every piece of their platform. Republicans, on the other hand, tend not to do this. If their candidate says he ain't taking the guns, ain't raising taxes, and loves Jeebus and Murrica, that's good enough for them. Also, republicans have become motivated by simply "owning the libs." Meanwhile, Dem/Lib voters handwring over every fine detail of everything, and it costs them elections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    obviously both dems and republicans want political power, thats the purpose of the existence of a political party.

i dont think dems would run anybody as absurdly incompetent and unqualified as trump
    Don't be obtuse, there's no jury here to sway.

The left reacts to what they perceive to be the pulse of their voter base, which the noisy ones are far left, extreme left.. so the dems in Washington forget that they have/had a huge swath of voters that aren't LGBTQ, they may even be white, oh the horror! So the dems play iden y politics, "we want a black woman", 1st woman, 1st black woman.. but what about 1st black woman? What about 1st trans black woman? Yeah, the more you can heap that iden y on, the more noise the noisy left extremists make on social media, and the more drowned out are the left of center dems who probably comprise most of the votes.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The average American doesn’t even know who Jared Kushner is, the idea that getting rid of him will energize enough people is fantasy. Trump got elected 4 years ago because his opponent ran on the platform “I might suck, but at least I’m not Trump!” picking Susan Rice as VP is more or less double downing on that platform.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not dem politicians necessarily, but Dem/Liberal voters. I see it in political conversations all over. Dems will comb through a candidate's voting history, examine his cabinet picks in fine detail, and pick up apart every piece of their platform. Republicans, on the other hand, tend not to do this. If their candidate says he ain't taking the guns, ain't raising taxes, and loves Jeebus and Murrica, that's good enough for them. Also, republicans have become motivated by simply "owning the libs." Meanwhile, Dem/Lib voters handwring over every fine detail of everything, and it costs them elections.
    Not because they are perfectionists. It's because they no longer know who their voter base is. They instead tune in to social media where the squeaky wheels get the grease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can buy that hillary was a poor candidate that enabled republicans to win the election. that doesnt mean republicans were forced to nominate a loon like trump in the first place

its amazing that there are people who voted for trump twice (once in the primary, once in the general) and then say YOU ARE WHY TRUMP WON. no... the person who voted for him twice is more responsible for the result
    Hillary is basically what I'm talking about when it comes to the standards of the Liberal base. "Shillary!" "The evil Democrat machine conspired against Bernie!" "Closet Neo-Con!" The Liberal base found any and every reason not to vote for Hillary when the other side was offering a literal reality TV star as their nomination. "Standards" need to go out the window in that situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hillary is basically what I'm talking about when it comes to the standards of the Liberal base. "Shillary!" "The evil Democrat machine conspired against Bernie!" "Closet Neo-Con!" The Liberal base found any and every reason not to vote for Hillary when the other side was offering a literal reality TV star as their nomination. "Standards" need to go out the window in that situation.
    You say all that as if it's not true. Lampooning a fact doesn't make it less of a fact. Hillary should have stomped Trump's ass but the amount of corruption that oozes cannot be airbrushed out or CGI'ed away. The "her turn" mantra and status quo "Obama 2.0, old white on TV rolling her big eyes" scenario turned a lot of people off. Biden could have won had he run. Him not striking while the iron was hot makes no sense if he had aspirations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with her isn’t “baggage”, it’s that she’s not only a Fox News boogeyman but is vanilla and offers nothing unique. She’s all downside and no upside. If you’re going to pick a Fox News boogeyman as your VP pick one who actually energizes voters and gets people excited.
    Fox would make just about anyone picked for VP a boogeyman though.

I mean not too long ago Tucker dedicated his entire monologue skull ing Duckworth just because she was being looked at for VP.

Susan Rice is but it's not like using Benghazi will have any effect when Trump has 150k dead on his shoulders.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

The left reacts to what they perceive to be the pulse of their voter base, which the noisy ones are far left, extreme left.. so the dems in Washington forget that they have/had a huge swath of voters that aren't LGBTQ, they may even be white, oh the horror! So the dems play iden y politics, "we want a black woman", 1st woman, 1st black woman.. but what about 1st black woman? What about 1st trans black woman? Yeah, the more you can heap that iden y on, the more noise the noisy left extremists make on social media, and the more drowned out are the left of center dems who probably comprise most of the votes.
    I’m not sure what you mean by “extreme left” or “far left” but that side of the party is pretty much ignored outside of the cheese LGBTQ/iden y politics issues you mention. Ie most Dems favor single payer healthcare, yet the primary only had 1 candidate who did. On the issues that actually matter Democratic politicians are to the right of their base.

JMO, I don’t think the focus on iden y politics is Democratic politicians reacting to the most noisy voter base, it’s so they can justify calling themselves Democrats while being bought and paid for by special interests. The Democrats who spend the most time focusing on gay marriage and transgender bathroom rights are usually the ones getting money from Wall Street.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the democratic party absolutely does NOT cater to the far left. you dont get to joe biden by catering to the extreme left.

far left by american standards would be progressives/socdems. that is not where the democrat party is looking. talking about susan rice, kamala harris, etc is NOT pandering to the far left. it's certainly iden y politics when they basically predetermine that the running mate must be a women and should mostly certainly be a female POC. i dont think that is the same as "far left"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not because they are perfectionists. It's because they no longer know who their voter base is. They instead tune in to social media where the squeaky wheels get the grease.
    I think we've agreed on this before. Yes, the "left" exists on much wider spectrum than the right, and this fact allows the right to mobilize their base better. Again, all a right politician has to say is, "guns, low taxes, keep out the browns," and the rightwing base will turn out in droves. Meanwhile, if a leftwing politician says, "higher taxes on the rich, universal healthcare, free college," you'd still have a significant part of the liberal voting base examining their position on LGBTQ issues, climate change, racism, foreign policy and various "social justice" issues, and if said politician has a spotty voting record in that area, that person might stay home. Basic point is rightwing politicians can rally their base around fewer issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say all that as if it's not true. Lampooning a fact doesn't make it less of a fact. Hillary should have stomped Trump's ass but the amount of corruption that oozes cannot be airbrushed out or CGI'ed away. The "her turn" mantra and status quo "Obama 2.0, old white on TV rolling her big eyes" scenario turned a lot of people off. Biden could have won had he run. Him not striking while the iron was hot makes no sense if he had aspirations.
    But the alternative was still a reality TV star career grifter who has been known as one of the most corrupt and slimy individuals in American culture since his 20s.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Fox would make just about anyone picked for VP a boogeyman though.
    Right , so pick a boogeyman like Duckworth who has energy and excites voters, not a career long bureaucrat who’s never run a campaign in her life. Susan Rice is more or less the most plain vanilla black female you can find. She’s also never held an elected position iirc, the whole point of a VP pick is someone who can help campaign.

The one thing I’ve always admitted Biden has going for him is that he doesn’t come across as the ultra-elitist egghead who’s half human half robot the way other recent Democratic nominees (Clinton, Kerry) did. Picking Susan Rice as VP erases a lot of that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right , so pick a boogeyman like Duckworth who has energy and excites voters, not a career long bureaucrat who’s never run a campaign in her life. Susan Rice is more or less the most plain vanilla black female you can find. She’s also never held an elected position iirc, the whole point of a VP pick is someone who can help campaign.

The one thing I’ve always admitted Biden has going for him is that he doesn’t come across as the ultra-elitist egghead who’s half human half robot the way other recent Democratic nominees (Clinton, Kerry) did. Picking Susan Rice as VP erases a lot of that.
    Where is mono getting that she's the front runner? She may have been on the list but is she really?

I'm seeing a lot of Karen Bass talk for some reason. Another Obama retainer.

These picks are so lame and vanilla.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Where is mono getting that she's the front runner? She may have been on the list but is she really?

I'm seeing a lot of Karen Bass talk for some reason. Another Obama retainer.

These picks are so lame and vanilla.
    It’s also just gone on way too long now, to the point where it’s obvious the Biden campaign is now tripping over its trying to find a female minority VP who isn’t severely flawed or inexperienced because Biden made a reckless promise to pick a female VP without thinking about it.

The Karen Bass consideration is another , the fact whoever the Karen Bass is might get selected over someone like Elizabeth Warren who’s got widespread name recognition and would help unite the party makes it really easy for Fox News to scare white people into thinking they’ll lose their job to less qualified minorities in a Biden presidency.

Regarding where mono is getting that, I’m not sure and it might be hyperbole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the democratic party absolutely does NOT cater to the far left. you dont get to joe biden by catering to the extreme left.

far left by american standards would be progressives/socdems. that is not where the democrat party is looking. talking about susan rice, kamala harris, etc is NOT pandering to the far left. it's certainly iden y politics when they basically predetermine that the running mate must be a women and should mostly certainly be a female POC. i dont think that is the same as "far left"
    I didn't say they catered to them. I said they react to them. The noise from the freak show taints the message that dem leaders used to preach. Joe Biden got the nod because the voter base elected him. It's not like the dem leaders picked him. The fact that Joe is the candidate should send a message to the more liberal of the left, but it only tells them that the left isn't left enough, that people like AOC and that muslim are the future of the party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say they catered to them. I said they react to them. The noise from the freak show taints the message that dem leaders used to preach. Joe Biden got the nod because the voter base elected him. It's not like the dem leaders picked him. The fact that Joe is the candidate should send a message to the more liberal of the left, but it only tells them that the left isn't left enough, that people like AOC and that muslim are the future of the party.
    what message? that people who have farther left leaning views should change their positions on issues because a more moderate candidate won? no, that's not quite how it works.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ I just looked up this Karen Bass , she’s a house rep from California. If you’re going to pick a grossly under qualified VP just because she checks the black female box, can it at least be from a state that’s going to decide the election? It’s as if they’re trying to scare as many suburban white women as possible to vote for Trump.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the alternative was still a reality TV star career grifter who has been known as one of the most corrupt and slimy individuals in American culture since his 20s.
    DMC gonna vote for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC gonna vote for him.
    democrats forced him to

even though he earlier said he would vote biden over trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    democrats forced him to

even though he earlier said he would vote biden over trump