Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found Nathan....

Michigan GOP official refuses calls to resign while continuing to publicly use n-word

Leelanau County Road Commissioner Tom Eckerle used the racial slur during a diatribe about why he refused to wear a mask during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Well, this whole thing is because of them n-----s in Detroit,” Eckerle said at a public meeting Thursday, according to The Washington Post and the Leelanau Enterprise newspaper.

Road Commission Chairman Bob Joyce rebuked his colleague, but Eckerle, who was elected in 2018, continued, accusing the Black Lives Matter movement of “taking the country away from us.”

“I can say anything that I want. Black Lives Matter has everything to do with taking the country away from us,” Eckerle said.

Joyce later told the Leelanau Enterprise that "there's just no room for that kind of language here” and that he “won't tolerate any kind of racism in our meeting room or in our organization.”

Eckerle’s comments came the same week Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) declared racism as a public health crisis in the state.

Eckerle doubled-down with his use of the racial slur during an interview with a local public radio station, saying it “is not racism” to use the word.

"I don’t regret calling it an n----r” Eckerle told Interlochen Public Radio. “A n----r is a n----r is a n----r. That’s not a person whatsoever.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-continuing-to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's not a person whatsoever

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...perfect

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found Nathan....

Michigan GOP official refuses calls to resign while continuing to publicly use n-word

Leelanau County Road Commissioner Tom Eckerle used the racial slur during a diatribe about why he refused to wear a mask during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Well, this whole thing is because of them n-----s in Detroit,” Eckerle said at a public meeting Thursday, according to The Washington Post and the Leelanau Enterprise newspaper.

Road Commission Chairman Bob Joyce rebuked his colleague, but Eckerle, who was elected in 2018, continued, accusing the Black Lives Matter movement of “taking the country away from us.”

“I can say anything that I want. Black Lives Matter has everything to do with taking the country away from us,” Eckerle said.

Joyce later told the Leelanau Enterprise that "there's just no room for that kind of language here” and that he “won't tolerate any kind of racism in our meeting room or in our organization.”

Eckerle’s comments came the same week Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) declared racism as a public health crisis in the state.

Eckerle doubled-down with his use of the racial slur during an interview with a local public radio station, saying it “is not racism” to use the word.

"I don’t regret calling it an n----r” Eckerle told Interlochen Public Radio. “A n----r is a n----r is a n----r. That’s not a person whatsoever.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-continuing-to

master race....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    re: trigger warnings - do you have an issue when videos/articles have a "viewer discretion is advised" note in the beginning?

re: safe spaces - what is your understanding of what safe space is? if somebody barged into an AA meeting and started mocking people for alcohol abuse and waving bottles of beer in front of their faces, do you think that person should be kicked out? if the members tell that person he cant do that, are they just soft liberal pussies?

i mean sure, if a student walks around outside and draws a ing chalk circle around them saying THIS IS MY SAFE SPACE YOU CANT COME IN HERE or something like that, it would be re ed, but i dont think that's really what happens
    Very abstract take on these concepts tbh. There is a lot of overlap imo. The video below touches on the real world impact of these ideas if you are interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's muh hour long YouTube to fill in for my actually saying anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very abstract take on these concepts tbh. There is a lot of overlap imo. The video below touches on the real world impact of these ideas if you are interested.
    I’m trying to talk to you, not a YouTube bot

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sad that people cooperate with this cult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why did his BLM rant turn into some gay/trans ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cons ution bad now. Frankly refreshing to see some of the alleged 'victims' here actually agreeing with the protestors...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I would stand up and go off on a rant in Polish and pretend I don't speak English

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cons ution bad now. Frankly refreshing to see some of the alleged 'victims' here actually agreeing with the protestors...

I enjoy a good SJW sermon on bullhorn while I'm enjoying my rare dinner out with family and friends.

Demonstrators winning hearts and minds.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Those people in the crowd likely had cushy privileged lives. A white person that worked up the ladder can't relate to their ideology.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why harass white liberals in DC? Seems pointless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoy a good SJW sermon on bullhorn while I'm enjoying my rare dinner out with family and friends.

That's as designed. It's not meant to be charming.

More of a Brechtian approach here --the aim is to alienate people from their comfortable place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do like the whole "if you don't raise your fist, you're a racist" schtick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those people in the crowd likely had cushy privileged lives. A white person that worked up the ladder can't relate to their ideology.
    Nathan89 this is what i was talking about. naturally you never responded because you dont care to have an actual conversation about any of this...

sure.

so white fragility as a term was coined by some author in her book of the same name, which i dont care for, and as far as i'm aware is a badly written book. the name was provocative and only fueled more outrage, so i get that.

it really points to a defensiveness, not a "fragility." the basic premise is that there is a phenomenon of white people getting defensive when issues of racism and privilege are brought to their attention, because they mistake it as an attack on the validity of their social standing. ie:

- white person hears the term white privilege, and takes it as an attack on him, as though people are saying he didnt work for what he earned, and it was handed to him just because he's white

- white person hears somebody talk about how systemic racism has held back black people (in the aggregate) and again, they think people are implying that the same as the above. it's why when an issue of race is brought up, there's the default "you're playing the race card!" response. its a desire to avoid an uncomfortable discussion because it is incorrectly perceived as a direct attack

- white person hears that there is systemic racism (and that they may have passively benefitted from that system), and they interpret that to be an accusation that they specifically are racist (it isn't, though) which causes them to brush it off or try to deny it, because of the mental discomfort it causes them

i think its also somewhat important that its basically a psychological response, and not really one inherent to "white people." it just so happens that this is a society where white people had historically been on top, and so this is who it would apply to in today's america.

you dont have to agree with the concept of it... and you're free to critique it, but the idea of "white fragility" being indicative of self loathing white people or "being anti-white" is just a distortion of what is claimed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's as designed. It's not meant to be charming.

More of a Brechtian approach here --the aim is to alienate people from their comfortable place.
    Those people are in DC and most likely are sympathetic to these protesters. What's the point?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Why harass white liberals in DC? Seems pointless.
    They stay united up until they have their first child then they take their white money and disappear to the suburbs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did his BLM rant turn into some gay/trans ?
    No answers

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I stopped watching midway through because it was cringeworthy, didn’t get to that part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Does that happen in your zip code?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those people are in DC and most likely are sympathetic to these protesters. What's the point?
    To foreground a message that isn't a rare steak eaten in the middle of the ing street because it's not safe to dine indoors?

Dunno, I'm not a mind reader and sometimes protesters do silly things.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If forum participants are going to be asked to explain the motivations of every obnoxious protest group I guess I can bring out my backlog of MAGA / "masks are fascism" protest footage for Darrin to defend.

Thread Information