Page 84 of 105 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2617
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i probably have plenty of posts on this forum from 5-6+ years ago that i'd disagree with now. not sure how much on this subject specifically
    If only there was an archive...

You're so woke bro!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only there was an archive...

You're so woke bro!
    there is though

anybody can use the search function and dig up old posts

but its no secret that my politics have changed with time. i've been open about the fact that i voted for romney in 2012

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you're not interesting in having a conversation in good faith, then we'll leave it at that. i've been up front and have given firm answers to your questions. you refuse to accept them or give your own answers.

not much more to say tbh
    Grade school, middle school, high school, college, a few years ago or half a decade ago? You were so woke back as a child?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is though

anybody can use the search function and dig up old posts

but its no secret that my politics have changed with time. i've been open about the fact that i voted for romney in 2012
    You're so woke my joke flew right over your head Mr/Ms/Miss/Xim/Beep/Bop Serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i probably have plenty of posts on this forum from 5-6+ years ago that i'd disagree with now. not sure how much on this subject specifically
    I'm sure most people here do, but convenient epiphany to suit the moment isn't grounds for a solid debate. It also doesn't really matter what you believe, only what you can argue for/against successfully. Surely you know this as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because as i said, there is a colloquial usage of the terms that isn't particularly useful in these discussions. like like the colloquial use of the term "theory" and how it very poorly reflects what a theory in science actually is.
    But you have the term "theory" in science to use as a reference. Where do you have "sex reveal" anywhere but strip clubs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure most people here do, but convenient epiphany to suit the moment isn't grounds for a solid debate. It also doesn't really matter what you believe, only what you can argue for/against successfully. Surely you know this as well.
    His paralegal knows this... You're giving too much credit to that biased sjw lawyer tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The preconditions for serious argument do not yet exist, please join me in a moment of mournful recognition of the discussion that could not take place here today."

*bows head solemnly*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure most people here do, but convenient epiphany to suit the moment isn't grounds for a solid debate.
    agreed. if yesterday i was ting on trans people and i took this stance today, it would be pretty suspect. i dont think thats the case, though.

It also doesn't really matter what you believe, only what you can argue for/against successfully. Surely you know this as well.
    depends. people vote based on what they believe, not based on what they can successfully argue for.

but if you're talking about this type of forum or public arena/conversation, then yeah i agree. people can grift or play devil's advocate.

i dont usually hold strong opinions on matters that im not familiar enough to be able to argue for. the "trans question" isn't one that i really thought of much at all. really it in law school that i took a sports law class and le IX was a pretty significant portion of that class. i did a lot of reading on the issue first as it related to athletics, and then sorta just on my own for general purposes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you have the term "theory" in science to use as a reference. Where do you have "sex reveal" anywhere but strip clubs?
    well not "sex reveal" or "gender reveal"... but "sex" and "gender" certainly. so identifying exactly what you are "revealing" is still useful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed. if yesterday i was ting on trans people and i took this stance today, it would be pretty suspect. i dont think thats the case, though.

depends. people vote based on what they believe, not based on what they can successfully argue for.

but if you're talking about this type of forum or public arena/conversation, then yeah i agree. people can grift or play devil's advocate.

i dont usually hold strong opinions on matters that im not familiar enough to be able to argue for. the "trans question" isn't one that i really thought of much at all. really it in law school that i took a sports law class and le IX was a pretty significant portion of that class. i did a lot of reading on the issue first as it related to athletics, and then sorta just on my own for general purposes.
    Discussions devolve into personal beliefs and no one here can successfully argue against someone else's personal beliefs. You can only argue against supposed facts and conclusions based on them. It's a fact that currently "sex reveal parties" are basically non-existent. Just Google the term and you'll be redirected to "Gender reveal". That doesn't prove right or wrong, it only shows where we are currently. Just as you cannot be held accountable for an opinion you no longer hold (maybe legally you can), you cannot wish someone into the future and condemn them when they refuse to play along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The preconditions for serious argument do not yet exist, please join me in a moment of mournful recognition of the discussion that could not take place here today."

*bows head solemnly*
    You try so hard to be interesting. It's almost pitiful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh well, you can't please everybody

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh well, you can't please everybody

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Discussions devolve into personal beliefs and no one here can successfully argue against someone else's personal beliefs. You can only argue against supposed facts and conclusions based on them. It's a fact that currently "sex reveal parties" are basically non-existent. Just Google the term and you'll be redirected to "Gender reveal". That doesn't prove right or wrong, it only shows where we are currently. Just as you cannot be held accountable for an opinion you no longer hold (maybe legally you can), you cannot wish someone into the future and condemn them when they refuse to play along.
    I never disputed that people call them gender reveal parties and not sex reveal parties so this isn’t a point of contention. I posited explanations as to why that’s the case. That doesn’t change that if you wanted to go with more academic terms, sex would be a more accurate descriptor. But as long as people generally understand what’s being communicated, there’s enough utility there. I also acknowledge that the colloquial equivocation between sex and gender make it more difficult to have the conversations I was trying to have.

can you elaborate on or explain the last thing you said re wishing people into the future?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Where do you have "sex reveal" anywhere but strip clubs?
    Kind of hilarious that you're ceding word definition authority to people who rig up a piñata of their college mascot to explode into pink or blue shrapnel for an Instagram story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never disputed that people call them gender reveal parties and not sex reveal parties so this isn’t a point of contention. I posited explanations as to why that’s the case. That doesn’t change that if you wanted to go with more academic terms, sex would be a more accurate descriptor. But as long as people generally understand what’s being communicated, there’s enough utility there. I also acknowledge that the colloquial equivocation between sex and gender make it more difficult to have the conversations I was trying to have.

can you elaborate on or explain the last thing you said re wishing people into the future?
    Sure.

If you can go back 6 years and find that you held a different opinion, does that mean you were wrong then or that you're wrong now? Or is it even an issue of right and wrong? Give yourself 6 years from that opinion and you get to where you are now. So when you take someone else's opinion that you feel needs to evolve into a more "woke" outlook and treat it as archaic, you're basically telling them to have a similar epiphany as you and come to the same conclusion. They might one day, but you cannot just wish them past that 6 year learning curve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of hilarious that you're ceding word definition authority to people who rig up a piñata of their college mascot to explode into pink or blue shrapnel for an Instagram story.
    And you're ceding it to someone who cut their own penis off, put on a dress and has a at least 45% suicide attempt rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure.

If you can go back 6 years and find that you held a different opinion, does that mean you were wrong then or that you're wrong now? Or is it even an issue of right and wrong? Give yourself 6 years from that opinion and you get to where you are now. So when you take someone else's opinion that you feel needs to evolve into a more "woke" outlook and treat it as archaic, you're basically telling them to have a similar epiphany as you and come to the same conclusion. They might one day, but you cannot just wish them past that 6 year learning curve.
    This is nonsense. Basically you should never argue a position because it might take a long time for the other guy to come around

my opinions changed as the information i had did. They were based off of ignorance of what i know now. Time passing isn’t what magically changed my outlook, but rather the introduction of new information. If i had the same info presented to me years earlier, i likely would have adopted my current view earlier as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you're ceding it to someone who cut their own penis off, put on a dress and has a at least 45% suicide attempt rate.
    A) An individual would not have a suicide rate
    b) do you have anything to support a contention that a transgender person is behind the definition of gender?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is nonsense. Basically you should never argue a position because it might take a long time for the other guy to come around

my opinions changed as the information i had did. They were based off of ignorance of what i know now. Time passing isn’t what magically changed my outlook, but rather the introduction of new information. If i had the same info presented to me years earlier, i likely would have adopted my current view earlier as well
    So you didn't have access to information but could access Spurstalk ok?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you didn't have access to information but could access Spurstalk ok?
    Uhh. Sure?

i don’t know about you, but Spurstalk isn’t my only source of information from which my worldview is based on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A) An individual would not have a suicide rate
    b) do you have anything to support a contention that a transgender person is behind the definition of gender?
    hurr durr muh editing fiasco

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhh. Sure?

i don’t know about you, but Spurstalk isn’t my only source of information from which my worldview is based on
    But it was just a few years ago? This is your contention.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dim See is trying to find another angle so he can declare victory.

He's getting a little panicky.

Thread Information