My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California Is Getting Nation's First 'Ebony Alerts' (msn.com)

Gov. Gavin Newsom authorizes law enforcement agencies to ask the California Highway Patrol to issue the alert when young Black people are reported missing, CNN reports. The system, a companion to the Amber Alert system, sets an age range between 12 and 25. State Sen. Steven Bradford, who sponsored the legislation, tells the Washington Post that the age range is intended to account for young Black women who are victims of sex trafficking.

California Is Getting Nation's First 'Ebony Alerts' (msn.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    according to the Black and Missing Foundation, Black people make up 14% of the population but 38% of children reported missing in the US are Black, and they are more likely than white children to be classed as "runaways" than "missing," meaning their cases get less attention from the media. He tells the Post that he hopes other states will follow California's lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good law.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    according to the Black and Missing Foundation, Black people make up 14% of the population but 38% of children reported missing in the US are Black, and they are more likely than white children to be classed as "runaways" than "missing," meaning their cases get less attention from the media. He tells the Post that he hopes other states will follow California's lead.
    Don't do the cringy capitalize one race but not another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't do the cringy capitalize one race but not another.
    Blacks should not have been under repped all the time so.....
    If this is what it takes for improvement, so be it.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Blacks should not have been under repped all the time so.....
    If this is what it takes for improvement, so be it.
    Not flaming you, just an observation - You have one of the oddest/interesting post history on here .

Here in California we already get these such alerts for usually Hispanic victims.

I think Black women represent 4% of the population in California. So I could see the Alert being effective.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Newsom is such a joke

He's bending over backwards to virtue signal in a state that's only 6.5% black because he knows that he needs Massa Clyburn's endorsement in 2028 to have any chance at the nomination.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whats the alert for young blacks killing other young blacks at a record pace?,,,,everytime a black kills another black,,,your phone would go off non stop,,,,you would be so annoyed, you would turn it off or set it to silent mode,,,,,

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Newsom is such a joke

He's bending over backwards to virtue signal in a state that's only 6.5% black because he knows that he needs Massa Clyburn's endorsement in 2028 to have any chance at the nomination.
    That's smart politics

Few will be against it and you excite some Whites. Like in the thread above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Newsom is such a joke

He also won't do anything remotely similar for Hispanics, since he already knows their lazy asses don't like to go vote

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That's smart politics

Few will be against it and you excite some Whites. Like in the thread above.
    No one is against it per se but I think a lot of people find the nonstop pandering ridiculous.

Like yesterday, Joe Biden issued a statement on Twitter about George Floyd’s birthday. It’s over the top. Black people are 12% of the population and democrats talk about black issues with a frequency that would make you think we live in Sub-Saharan Africa.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No one is against it per se but I think a lot of people find the nonstop pandering ridiculous.

Like yesterday, Joe Biden issued a statement on Twitter about George Floyd’s birthday. It’s over the top. Black people are 12% of the population and democrats talk about black issues with a frequency that would make you think we live in Sub-Saharan Africa.
    ...it's comin'.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

As USA truly becomes equally split melting pot, I think this will turn off the base. But Whites still represent a significant portion of the base and it sells.

It's a bit surprising considering your point AND that the Black demographic votes Democrat at a 90% clip. It would take alot to sway them. Worst case they sit out the vote.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its fine with me if the black vote keeps voting democrat,,,they deserve it,,,,,,

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    California is 3 different regions

In San Diego there isn't that much political complaining or discussing. It's a healthy balance of both parties and different diverse demographics in their areas. But also almost everyone came here in the past 100 years. Life is overall too comfortable here to lose it over a disagreement.

Thread Information