Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count

Four games behind right now ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im interpreting this differently. Spurs are in and this is just for playoff seeding/ bracket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    So....we made the playoffs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im interpreting this differently. Spurs are in and this is just for playoff seeding/ bracket.
    The NBA’s 22-team format at Orlando’s Disney World would bring the 16 teams currently in a playoff spot, six additional teams, and include a play-in tournament for the eighth seed, sources said. The play-in tournament would work as follows, according to sources: If the ninth seed is more than four games behind the eighth seed, the eighth seed earns the playoff spot; if the ninth seed is four or fewer games behind, then the eighth and ninth seed will enter a play-in tournament that is double-elimination for the eighth seed and single-elimination for ninth. ESPN first reported the league was working on 22-team models. – via Shams Charania @ The Athletic

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i wonder what the schedule will be like, considering they are dropping the 8 worst teams that makes it difficult for the bottom seeds right off the bat

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally Memphis will play the PO, eight games with an 3.5 gb advantage. they just have to win 3-4 games but as the bottom 8 will not play, the schedule will be harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs ain’t gonna make it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So its 8 games to remain where they are right now. They're 4 games back, so they need to win the same number of games as Memphis does in order to retain the play in game(s). Then, they'll have to beat Memphis twice in order to make the playoffs. Of course, the other (technically) possible outcome is to catch Memphis and pass them, become the 8 seed, then they only need to beat Memphis once to get into the playoffs.

But as it stands right now, they are not in the playoffs.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not our year. This means we can potentially get up to the 9th pick from my calculations and a better chance at top 4. Play Samanic, Johnson, Eubanks etc...

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So....we made the playoffs?

No. The top 8 in each conference are going to Orlando, just like you would expect. But any team that is within 4 games of the 8 seed will get a chance to take that 8 seed in a mini-playoff.

Basically, they didn't want any team saying, "We COULD have caught the 8 team, if the season had gone full length. (Think Damien Lillard.) So they're giving them a chance to sneak in, if they play well enough in the play-in tourney.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess not making the 16-team playoff bracket makes a team eligible for the full lottery? Or are they going to do a 1-8 lottery for the teams that aren't going to Orlando, then another 9-14 mini-lottery for the Orlando teams that don't make the 16-team bracket?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no faith in this POS team poop has ruined. hopefully he’ll retire with the playoff streak. looking forward to wine drunk incoherent post game ramblings about our soon to be re-elected president tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not our year. This means we can potentially get up to the 9th pick from my calculations and a better chance at top 4. Play Samanic, Johnson, Eubanks etc...
    This is the path. If we can get to 9 we double the odds of getting a top 4 pick to just over 20%. Even the 9th pick could be a significant improvement over 11.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they're all against playoff teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. So I'm still confused, did we make it in or not?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess not making the 16-team playoff bracket makes a team eligible for the full lottery? Or are they going to do a 1-8 lottery for the teams that aren't going to Orlando, then another 9-14 mini-lottery for the Orlando teams that don't make the 16-team bracket?
    Imo they will a classic lottery with all the non playoffs teams after the 8 games of RS, the other option is the lottery for eight teams and then just thep standings for the 9-14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The play-in tournament will include the No. 8 and No. 9 teams -- if the ninth seed finishes the regular season within four games of the eighth, sources said."

That tells me that as long as the Spurs can stay within 4 games of the 8th seed after the 8 games are played, then they will be eligible to play in the "play-in tournament" for the 8th seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is out there protesting in the streets. You think he cares about some basketball game? I wouldn’t be surprised if Becky has to coach the team tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In that case, the No. 8 seed enters a double-elimination tournament, and the No. 9 seed a single-elimination tournament, sources said."

But this right here is where they lose me. I'm sure there will be more specifics once this is officially approved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is out there protesting in the streets. You think he cares about some basketball game? I wouldn’t be surprised if Becky has to coach the team tbh.
    That would be great!

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank and get a pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In that case, the No. 8 seed enters a double-elimination tournament, and the No. 9 seed a single-elimination tournament, sources said."

But this right here is where they lose me. I'm sure there will be more specifics once this is officially approved.
    After the 8 games of SR, if the 9th seed is within four games of the 8th seed, they will play an elimination game. If the 8th wins they will Go to the PO, if the 9th win they will play another game.
    If the 9th wins both they will Go to the po, if not it's the 8th seed who will make the po.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The current #8 team has to lose twice to get knocked out. Any team at #9 (or worse, I presume) would only have to lose once to be eliminated.

Thread Information