Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Biggest fall from grace since Lance Armstrong

Legitimately concerned for those kids
    And Lance was my 2nd favorite athlete as a kid in the '00s after Duncan. Such a shame

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Drew Brees goin all-in for that forgiveness tbh

He wants to keep the commentator job waiting for him when he retires. probably too late though

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

He wants to keep the commentator job waiting for him when he retires. probably too late though
    I suppose it'll be based on how far he is willing to go. He's probably the perfect person to show change. By all accounts, he's been a very generous guy in terms of charity and supporting the underprivileged.
    If he's willing to kiss the right amount of ass and say the right things, I can't think of anyone better that could be used as an example of how change is possible. Not that I agree that he should have been crucified in the first place.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he has done a LOT for the city, not just on the football field, and i don't think that's lost on people, and is probably why he will be forgiven.

my thing is, its hard to have the benefit of the doubt NOW that "oh i didnt know how hurtful i was" when this issue was a nationwide story 2-3 years ago and you cant tell me Brees never had a conversation with his teammates about it. for s sake he even took part in it. you're telling me he didnt hear his teammates opinions about the matter then?

i feel the same way about that Kings commentator, who genuinely claims he didnt know that responding with "all lives matter" had any connotation to it in response to BLM. like, has he really been living under a rock for the last 6 years? i have to call bull

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    he has done a LOT for the city, not just on the football field, and i don't think that's lost on people, and is probably why he will be forgiven.

my thing is, its hard to have the benefit of the doubt NOW that "oh i didnt know how hurtful i was" when this issue was a nationwide story 2-3 years ago and you cant tell me Brees never had a conversation with his teammates about it. for s sake he even took part in it. you're telling me he didnt hear his teammates opinions about the matter then?

i feel the same way about that Kings commentator, who genuinely claims he didnt know that responding with "all lives matter" had any connotation to it in response to BLM. like, has he really been living under a rock for the last 6 years? i have to call bull
    The common factor between both events is you have a demographic that does not want dialogue. They talk (give demands) and if you don't agree then you are x,y.z label.

Brees really needs to off. No more social commentary. He was involved for years and did a 180 overnight? What could he possibly have learned over 1,2 days that discredited all his previous work.

Wife admits to death threats and her solution is apologize to them. What kinda ISIS is this.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The correlation is you have a demographic that does not want dialogue. They want to talk and if you don't agree then you are x,y.z label.

Brees really needs to off. No more social commentary. He was involved for years and did a 180 overnight? What could he possibly have learned over 1,2 days that discredited all his previous work.

Wife admits to death threats and her solution is apologize to them. What kinda ISIS is this.
    i dont think it "discredited" anything. he probably talked to a bunch of teammates including malcolm jenkins and heard them out (aka got yelled at for hours and hours)

dont know if his change in tone is sincere but the repeated posts including @ trump probably speaks volumes to that end

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

It's a tough spot to be in. He probably wasn't even thinking that was going to be a question on Yahoo finance and just said some things that were on his mind without the benefit of being able to think about and expound on what he meant or how he felt about EVERYTHING involved. And now he has to gauge and prepare his responses based on the perception of what he said. Instead of being able to backtrack and fill in the blanks of the initial comment, he now has to worry about public image.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i dont think it "discredited" anything. he probably talked to a bunch of teammates including malcolm jenkins and heard them out (aka got yelled at for hours and hours)

dont know if his change in tone is sincere but the repeated posts including @ trump probably speaks volumes to that end
    Brees is a weak leader then. First sign of turbulence and he folded

I can only imagine how the military personal he always references, are taking this.

Brees negotiated with terrorist tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Brees is a weak leader then. First sign of turbulence and he folded

I can only imagine how the military personal he always references, are taking this.

Brees negotiated with terrorist tbh
    leaders listen to the people they are aiming to lead

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    leaders listen to the people they are aiming to lead
    Evidently he didn't listen for the past decade in New Orleans

Which wasn't an issue until he shared a contrasting viewpoint

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the modern neo-left is the most dangerous force in the history of mankind, and is a grave threat to make all famous fantasy tales of absolute government power and public mind-slavery an actual reality.

Seems like a case of good guy on the protagonist's side got abducted by the evil oppressive government and got their brain altered and became a mind-slave for the bad guys, antagonist side. We've all seen that kind of sci-fi movie, anime, etc.

Recent example I can think of, is, the black people (grandma, grandpa, Andre, party guests etc) in "Get Out", but there's plenty of examples to go around

Here is the true Face of the Modern Left, unmasked: (UK, 2010)

This was a real advertisement, not a parody. It was removed fairly quickly, but this illustrates the true end goals of the wicked, wicked Left.

Total control, world domination, communism, and "humble", "passive aggressive" killing tactics (Seth Rich anybody) for any detractors. If you don't agree with Black Lives Matter movement, well you don't have to, your choice, no pressure, but... *CLICK* *POP* *BANG*.

The Left in a nuts .

Drew Brees needed to stand his ground. Giving in is giving the Left even more power.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's a tough spot to be in. He probably wasn't even thinking that was going to be a question on Yahoo finance and just said some things that were on his mind without the benefit of being able to think about and expound on what he meant or how he felt about EVERYTHING involved. And now he has to gauge and prepare his responses based on the perception of what he said. Instead of being able to backtrack and fill in the blanks of the initial comment, he now has to worry about public image.
    It may have been a tough spot but real men stand their ground. He's one of the greatest 10 quarterbacks of all time. Elway was the same way politically and he wasn't as good as Brees but he wasn't hammered over it at that time. It's tough because he's a white conservative in a league with a solid black left-leaning majority. But he's going to make his money and do his job regardless. If a guy like Terron Armstead es out and sandbags like a , he can always demand a trade, either of himself or of the player with reasonable cause. Brees is an all time top 10 QB with a SB ring in-hand and has a lot more leverage than say a practice-squad white slot receiver who might feel the same way but has to be quiet because he's just trying to make the team.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Bingo. He thinks he can be the next Romo. Regardless of how Romo feels about politics he won't even speak of it because it's not in his best business interests to reveal such information and thus alienate one side or the other of his fanbase. Smart.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Jerry Jones is about as conservative/republican as it gets for the NFL and even he took a knee with the team for the MNF game the weekend after Trump called the kneelers sons of es. It happens. Sometimes you've gotta bite the bullet and eat ass for publicity's sake. Money talks. But you've also got to have a balance and take a stand at some point. You can't cave in to the Chinese Communist Party because of a risk of lost revenue like Adam Silver blatantly did, that's worse and makes Silver and the NBA out to be greedy pigs.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Jerry Jones is about as conservative/republican as it gets for the NFL and even he took a knee with the team for the MNF game the weekend after Trump called the kneelers sons of es. It happens. Sometimes you've gotta bite the bullet and eat ass for publicity's sake. Money talks. But you've also got to have a balance and take a stand at some point. You can't cave in to the Chinese Communist Party because of a risk of lost revenue like Adam Silver blatantly did, that's worse and makes Silver and the NBA out to be greedy pigs.
    jerry still arranged it so they took a knee before the anthem and then stood with arms locked during the anthem

im actuall not sure if brees took part in the anthem protest or if that pic is something different in another context

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the modern neo-left is the most dangerous force in the history of mankind, and is a grave threat to make all famous fantasy tales of absolute government power and public mind-slavery an actual reality.

Seems like a case of good guy on the protagonist's side got abducted by the evil oppressive government and got their brain altered and became a mind-slave for the bad guys, antagonist side. We've all seen that kind of sci-fi movie, anime, etc.

Recent example I can think of, is, the black people (grandma, grandpa, Andre, party guests etc) in "Get Out", but there's plenty of examples to go around

Here is the true Face of the Modern Left, unmasked: (UK, 2010)

This was a real advertisement, not a parody. It was removed fairly quickly, but this illustrates the true end goals of the wicked, wicked Left.

Total control, world domination, communism, and "humble", "passive aggressive" killing tactics (Seth Rich anybody) for any detractors. If you don't agree with Black Lives Matter movement, well you don't have to, your choice, no pressure, but... *CLICK* *POP* *BANG*.

The Left in a nuts .

Drew Brees needed to stand his ground. Giving in is giving the Left even more power.
    Why do you group "communism" with other inherently awful terms like "World domination", "total control" and "killing tactics"?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    jerry still arranged it so they took a knee before the anthem and then stood with arms locked during the anthem

im actuall not sure if brees took part in the anthem protest or if that pic is something different in another context
    I was just about to tell you: those looks of concern make it seem as if there's an injured player on the field.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Over/Under
    90% Brees takes a knee at some point in the 2020 season

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "NFL is sneaky. They'll do a pre-national anthem kneel for everyone there, coupled with a moment of silence. Then, the national anthem will start and all of the offensive lineman, quarterbacks, kickers and some LB's will stand. The low IQ I mean skilled positions will stay kneeled."

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

you're right, looks like a moment of silence for something. maybe a recent shooting, someone getting carted off the field etc

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Over/Under
    90% Brees takes a knee at some point in the 2020 season
    you can't do an over/under on a binomial probability statistic

only a quantifiable, quan ative statistic. c'mon, it doesn't take a stats genius to figure it out.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    you can't do an over/under on a binomial probability statistic

only a quantifiable, quan ative statistic. c'mon, it doesn't take a stats genius to figure it out.
    GoFundMe

Brees knees on opening week while Brady has a laugh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why do you group "communism" with other inherently awful terms like "World domination", "total control" and "killing tactics"?
    because Communism is a death cult and a one way ticket to totalitarianism, absolute power/corruption, and off with the head of any potential *detractors*.

see: Stalin, Vietminh, Zedong, Pol Pot, Kim Jong, Castro, Jonestown. Zero counter-examples.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    because Communism is a death cult and a one way ticket to totalitarianism, absolute power/corruption, and off with the head of any potential *detractors*.

see: Stalin, Vietminh, Zedong, Pol Pot, Kim Jong, Castro, Jonestown. Zero counter-examples.
    Do you know the actual definition of communism?

Thread Information