Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Union There Is Strength

I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values asa nation.

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Cons ution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any cir stance to violate the Cons utional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.

We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battle space” that our uniformed military is called upon to "dominate." At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors.Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C.,sets up a conflict—a false conflict— between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them.

James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.

Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us...was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another.The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our
    Cons ution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s“better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite.

Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad.

James Mattis
    It's not surprising that once these people stopped holding his hand, POTUS absolutely tanked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone's salty that we're ending the CIA's reign in Afghanistan.
    Attacking the person, not the arguments... we covered this before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh

all these clowns jumping on opportunity to look good now

them
    True, but also takes balls to come out and admit they were wrong in supporting this clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not an endorsement for Mattis, BTW, just pointing out that there are non-disingenuous ways to dislike the person, that have little to do with what he wrote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HIGGINSDOG2020

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HIGGINSDOG2020
    What's your conspiracy theory here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chris loved mattis until he quit on trump

he was defending mattis' integrity to derp, the guy who is at least consistent about his dislike of mattis

chris is just a trumpette. mattis on trump's administration? man of great integrity and trustworthiness! mattis out of trump's administration... that guy wants new international world order and associates with bad people!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chris loved mattis until he quit on trump

he was defending mattis' integrity to derp, the guy who is at least consistent about his dislike of mattis

chris is just a trumpette. mattis on trump's administration? man of great integrity and trustworthiness! mattis out of trump's administration... that guy wants new international world order and associates with bad people!
    yup, and the attempted character assassination and smearing now is so played out, tbh... this niglets need to get creative

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Attacking the person, not the arguments... we covered this before.
    He's appealing to authority, who is a war criminal.

You're covered, bruh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine having a president who is too extreme and violent with his own people for a raging psychopath like mattis tbh
    Mattis is just mad he didn't get another regime change war in Syria

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I spelled it out in the "traitor is doing awesome" thread -
    and I have been sounding the alarm for years - but Americans do not grasp the severity - so I am going to translate what Mattis is telling the "troops" - by way of this semi-coded message.

I absolutely called out Mattis when he resigned for not doing what he just did in this statement - and I also continue to say that this is 3 years too ing late -

but it is better late than never - and this is not just any message -
    this is a call to arms.

You soldiers out there, you patriots, you lawmen, you true Americans whether ever serving in ANY capacity or not - current or in your past

he is speaking to you and he is telling you more than meets the eye.

1) Mattis left the administration when he realized that Trump was easily trafficking in the Authoritarian lane and his vision was to stay in that Authoritarian lane - and therefore Mattis stated "you deserve someone whose vision" is more aligned with yours.

He is spelling it out but in a cowardly way (that was my opinion then - and it stands today) - some would say "tactful way." I didn't and do not believe that - it was cowardice - but it was a WARNING: Trump and Putin are up to no good and this will not end well - BEWARE!.

2) Now - looking between the lines of this recent statement, Mattis is first stating the obvious = Trump vs Protest/Protesters;
    The protesters are exercising their Cons utional rights and their cause is Righteous (their cause - NOT their violence caused by the "small number of lawbreakers") as Mattis points out.

Trump on the other hand - who took an oath just as Mattis did - is abusing his executive authority to attack citizens for a photo op. He spells out that "we witnessed" Trumps actions in Lafayette square - with our own eyes. Funny - in this era we have seen most of the abuses with our own eyes - but just look at trump army immediately attacking posters who trust their own eyes - but I digress -

Mattis is telling you that we owe it to "those who bled" to call out this Executive abuse of power and REJECT/HOLD ACCOUNTABLE - those who make a MOCKERY of our Cons ution.

Yes - Trump must be removed and we must remove him. We owe it to those "who bled."

3) Mattis then tells you - that the Nazi in Chief is using and deploying the famous Nazi tactic of "Divide and Conquer" and he is bluntly telling you that this is what Trump has done for 3 years and THIS - THIS ERY - is what led us to where we are today. "We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership." Mattis in code is telling you: Trump (and Putin) are systematically leading us AWAY from our ORIGINAL PATH! Mattis is imploring you that we must RETURN TO OUR ORIGINAL PATH. Yes ....

BEFORE Trump and Putin began their Nazi "Divide and Conquer" path and millions of TSA's, Derps, Qhris's, Ducks, etc - began their propaganda army of misinformation/disinformation/propaganda to defend whatever abuses Trump and Putin deliberately deployed.

Again...I digress...

Back to Mattis -

We must adopt a NEW PATH - which is Returning to our original path - "we can UNITE WITHOUT HIM"

which is the coded order to all you troops mentioned above:

"Be ready. Trump and Putin will deploy the military and use all means against YOU - the American citizen and will give YOU - the TROOPS -

UNLAWFUL ORDERS to divide you and to take those UNLAWFUL orders and attack other citizens. DO NOT OBEY!!!

We can UNITE WITHOUT HIM!"

Mattis is telling you what is coming. I have been screaming and warning for years -

Wake the up before we are divided and conquered.

Our original path is:IN UNION THERE IS STRENGTH!!!!

THAT is where MATTIS JUST LED YOU TO!!!!

Please heed the order/plea/battle cry.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mattis is just mad he didn't get another regime change war in Syria
    Steaming mad.
    Chumpettes
    #AlwaysWithHer

TheGreatYacht

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DOWDDOG2020

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rallying behind bunker and trying to on an actual soldier. Cowardice from the top to the bottom
    What soldier?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DOWDDOG2020
    No one is interested.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I spelled it out in the "traitor is doing awesome" thread -
    and I have been sounding the alarm for years - but Americans do not grasp the severity - so I am going to translate what Mattis is telling the "troops" - by way of this semi-coded message.

I absolutely called out Mattis when he resigned for not doing what he just did in this statement - and I also continue to say that this is 3 years too ing late -

but it is better late than never - and this is not just any message -
    this is a call to arms.

You soldiers out there, you patriots, you lawmen, you true Americans whether ever serving in ANY capacity or not - current or in your past

he is speaking to you and he is telling you more than meets the eye.

1) Mattis left the administration when he realized that Trump was easily trafficking in the Authoritarian lane and his vision was to stay in that Authoritarian lane - and therefore Mattis stated "you deserve someone whose vision" is more aligned with yours.

He is spelling it out but in a cowardly way (that was my opinion then - and it stands today) - some would say "tactful way." I didn't and do not believe that - it was cowardice - but it was a WARNING: Trump and Putin are up to no good and this will not end well - BEWARE!.

2) Now - looking between the lines of this recent statement, Mattis is first stating the obvious = Trump vs Protest/Protesters;
    The protesters are exercising their Cons utional rights and their cause is Righteous (their cause - NOT their violence caused by the "small number of lawbreakers") as Mattis points out.

Trump on the other hand - who took an oath just as Mattis did - is abusing his executive authority to attack citizens for a photo op. He spells out that "we witnessed" Trumps actions in Lafayette square - with our own eyes. Funny - in this era we have seen most of the abuses with our own eyes - but just look at trump army immediately attacking posters who trust their own eyes - but I digress -

Mattis is telling you that we owe it to "those who bled" to call out this Executive abuse of power and REJECT/HOLD ACCOUNTABLE - those who make a MOCKERY of our Cons ution.

Yes - Trump must be removed and we must remove him. We owe it to those "who bled."

3) Mattis then tells you - that the Nazi in Chief is using and deploying the famous Nazi tactic of "Divide and Conquer" and he is bluntly telling you that this is what Trump has done for 3 years and THIS - THIS ERY - is what led us to where we are today. "We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership." Mattis in code is telling you: Trump (and Putin) are systematically leading us AWAY from our ORIGINAL PATH! Mattis is imploring you that we must RETURN TO OUR ORIGINAL PATH. Yes ....

BEFORE Trump and Putin began their Nazi "Divide and Conquer" path and millions of TSA's, Derps, Qhris's, Ducks, etc - began their propaganda army of misinformation/disinformation/propaganda to defend whatever abuses Trump and Putin deliberately deployed.

Again...I digress...

Back to Mattis -

We must adopt a NEW PATH - which is Returning to our original path - "we can UNITE WITHOUT HIM"

which is the coded order to all you troops mentioned above:

"Be ready. Trump and Putin will deploy the military and use all means against YOU - the American citizen and will give YOU - the TROOPS -

UNLAWFUL ORDERS to divide you and to take those UNLAWFUL orders and attack other citizens. DO NOT OBEY!!!

We can UNITE WITHOUT HIM!"

Mattis is telling you what is coming. I have been screaming and warning for years -

Wake the up before we are divided and conquered.

Our original path is:IN UNION THERE IS STRENGTH!!!!

THAT is where MATTIS JUST LED YOU TO!!!!

Please heed the order/plea/battle cry.
    You ain't uniting mePERIOD

& God save us the November day the old man loses I pray he takes to the grassy knoll and stays there ever more. I'll be there with him---to his right. He won't even have to look for me.

I'm gonna take off after Biden's wife, on a ing daily basis, I'm gonna miss nary day, Homer. All manner of vile , every-single-day.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ain't uniting mePERIOD

& God save us the November day the old man loses I pray he takes to the grassy knoll and stays there ever more. I'll be there with him---to his right. He won't even have to look for me.

I'm gonna take off after Biden's wife, on a ing daily basis, I'm gonna miss nary day, Homer. All manner of vile , every-single-day.

you lost your way

if you hate america this much

it wont end well for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is interested.
    i read it and am interested

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you lost your way

if you hate america this much

it wont end well for you
    I'm gonna do what what's Bowie did in the Alamo at the last, or, I'll do what the professional did at the end of The Professional. I'll grab you Homer & clammy by the scruffs of your necks & pull those pins, every in' one of 'em.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna do what what's Bowie did in the Alamo at the last, or, I'll do what the professional did at the end of The Professional. I'll grab you Homer & clammy by the scruffs of your necks & pull those pins, every in' one of 'em.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Don’t think about me during doody call

Concentrate

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowie didnt do squat except tremble in fear that messicans were about to extinguish him

white supremacists were embarrassed- so they wrote a “faux heroic tale” to brainwash texas history students and excuse their white supremacist crimes

but this is consistent to how you are betraying your country to defend a white supremacist who sold out the us to russia

for you nazis

race is all you have got left

but by 2045 - it will be a moot point as you become the minority and the chickens come home to roost

until then

continue to panic

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i read it and am interested
    I like the part where he lied and called them terrorists

Did you like that part too?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you're not. You're just going to sit there and eat your sandwich just like when Henry and Karen went state's witness and ratted on Paulie and Jimmy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No you're not. You're just going to sit there and eat your sandwich just like when Henry and Karen went state's witness and ratted on Paulie and Jimmy.
    He's got you there Cub.

Thread Information