My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today I stumbled over this video by some guy (named Clayton Crowley) analysing Tim's career (+ accomplishments) and I thought I share it with you guys since I really liked what I saw. Nothing brand new, but the video was put together well and I enjoyed watching it. Hope you do as well.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Great video! Thanks for sharing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If you ran a team, and you could pick any NBA player from any era of basketball, and your goal was to win, you would pick Tim Duncan." 🥂

It's true. He's the only guy who *instantly* makes your team a le contender from day 1 and stays that way for 20 years, no matter what supporting cast you put around him.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 06-04-2020 at 04:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AWESOME VIDEO!

Thanks for sharing. I thought i had seen them all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If you ran a team, and you could pick any NBA player from any era of basketball, and your goal was to win, you would pick Tim Duncan." 壟

It's true. He's the only guy who *instantly* makes your team a le contender from day 1 and stays that way for 20 years, no matter what supporting cast you put around him.

Yup, my 1st pick all the way.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    td: 2 MVPs, 3 FMVPs
    kobe: 1 MVP, 2 FMVPs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    td: 2 MVPs, 3 FMVPs
    kobe: 1 MVP, 2 FMVPs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vielen dank!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing that bothered me a bit was the part about Manu and Tony being longshots to make the Hall of Fame. Manu will get there pretty easily considering his combined body of work with the Spurs, the National Team and his success in Italy. Same applies to Tony, although he didn't quite have the success with France as Manu had with Argentina. Still, no doubt he is going in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing, what a great video. Tim is in the discussion, and this video perfectly showcased and explained why. It's likely 'casuals' will never rank Tim in that regard, but doesn't change the fact he deserves it.

Edit: I especially like how he focused on Tim's "later years". He was still incredible in those years, he was just doing less overall scoring. And brought up the 2013 run as proof. Tim could've had monster stats until his last two years tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing that bothered me a bit was the part about Manu and Tony being longshots to make the Hall of Fame. Manu will get there pretty easily considering his combined body of work with the Spurs, the National Team and his success in Italy. Same applies to Tony, although he didn't quite have the success with France as Manu had with Argentina. Still, no doubt he is going in.
    Of course, there’s the whole Finals MVP bit and the fact that Parker was a starter and all, plus all his better stats and considerably more all-star and all-nba selections. Oh, and that he’s one of about 3 or 4 players ever to outplay Lebron in a playoff series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, there’s the whole Finals MVP bit and the fact that Parker was a starter and all, plus all his better stats and considerably more all-star and all-nba selections. Oh, and that he’s one of about 3 or 4 players ever to outplay Lebron in a playoff series.
    Finals MVP, All-Star, All-NBA, all arbitrary and mostly awarded from archaic, agenda driven media types, with limited knowledge.

Duncan was clearly the MVP of '07 playoffs. His unselfishness and Hughes's ankle injury paved the way for Parker to win Finals MVP, in series that was destined to be a wipeout in any fashion.

Ginobili was a bench player in name only. In reality, he'd enter 5-6 minutes in. This was done for balance purposes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that guy, he was stellar!
    Thanks for sharing!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great player that allowed two other teammates to have Finals MVPs. I can see Steph doing that too, he's already up to have given away 3 of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting. Tim would be my pick, but RC could never fire Pop, also underrates Tony and Manu.

Thread Information