Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think was going to happen once states started to ease restrictions....jobs came back. It's not rocket science and has nothing to do with Trump or anything he's actually doing. You close down shop...no jobs...open back up...jobs....the proof will be # of jobs prior and # of jobs after which will be the barometer. This narrative that it's all to do with Trump is laughable. In Canada with eased restrictions...guess what, jobs came back. Malls began to open and people are working. Such a dumb thing to state, just like I never blamed Trump or any other leaders on job losses due to the pandemic. Just like I don't give him a credit on jobs coming back.
    Models bad now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you lay out the conspiracy theory first?

It's expected that Chump would be vague and just answer a question with a question but that's not usually your style.
    i would imagine that the conspiracy theory is that deaths which would have been attributed to covid elsewhere, like in new york, are being called pneumonia in texas. particularly possible because pneumonia is known to be a potential consequence of covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did he down china
    Nancy and chuck were calling him racist and trying to impeach him

Atleast biden said he was wrong and trump was right on that
    That's what I like about Biden. Very rare in a politician to admit to being wrong ever.

What I don't like about him is he has revisionist history memory on issues that he seems to support now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your conspiracy theory behind pneumonia deaths ing in February-May 2020 in Texas? ~1000 every other year, ~4200 in 2020.
    Where are you getting this data?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would imagine that the conspiracy theory is that deaths which would have been attributed to covid elsewhere, like in new york, are being called pneumonia in texas. particularly possible because pneumonia is known to be a potential consequence of covid
    Well it was the same in New York. I already have Illustrated this in another thread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's what they are saying then they would have to believe that doctors and hospitals are in on the conspiracy and just letting people die without treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Instead of having an adult response to the pandemic it was Democratic hoax while his colleagues cashed out on their stocks.
    Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the Corona virus itself a hoax. - Snopes

Just curious why you keep parroting the extreme left fake news talking points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it was the same in New York. I already have Illustrated this in another thread.
    If that's what they are saying then they would have to believe that doctors and hospitals are in on the conspiracy and just letting people die without treatment.
    i first learned of this a few minutes ago, so i dont know much, if at all, about it

but to address snakeboy, i dont know that you'd necessarily have to conclude that doctors "let people die without treatment." lots of people are dying of covid, even with treatment. over 100,000 nationwide. if somebody told me that a couple of thousand people died of covid, but the death certificate says pneumonia, i wouldnt conclude "they didnt treat him" but rather they possibly had a different standard when listing the cause of death. im not saying with any certainty that this is in fact what happened, but i dont think you need to leap to "they let people die on purpose"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i first learned of this a few minutes ago, so i dont know much, if at all, about it

but to address snakeboy, i dont know that you'd necessarily have to conclude that doctors "let people die without treatment." lots of people are dying of covid, even with treatment. over 100,000 nationwide. if somebody told me that a couple of thousand people died of covid, but the death certificate says pneumonia, i wouldnt conclude "they didnt treat him" but rather they possibly had a different standard when listing the cause of death. im not saying with any certainty that this is in fact what happened, but i dont think you need to leap to "they let people die on purpose"
    It's extremely odd that no one got this with the South Korea thing. Instead there had to be bodies hidden.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you lay out the conspiracy theory first?

It's expected that Chump would be vague and just answer a question with a question but that's not usually your style.
    My conspiracy theory is COVID deaths are largely being counted as pneumonia deaths in Texas.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's extremely odd that no one got this with the South Korea thing. Instead there had to be bodies hidden.
    I'll concede if you can prove they just shifted their COVID deaths over to pneumonia deaths like Texas and Florida largely seem to have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Average hourly wages are down 6.7 percent from this time last year, indicating employers either can’t afford to pay workers their previous wages or have hired replacements at lower rates. And as the country remains in the grips of a protest movement spawned by the killing of an unarmed black man by a white police officer, the racial disparity in this “recovery” – black unemployment actually increased, edging up from 16.7 percent to 16.8 percent – is unlikely to quell unrest in the streets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what's the conspiracy theory here? Red states are lying and have had as many deaths as the ty blue states?
    AS someone who works in a red state, they're lying about the number of deaths related to CV19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still think its a stretch to believe that all the doctors in these states are knowingly lying on death certificates because of orders from higher ups... more evidence would be needed to actually adopt that conspiracy theory imo. it is a bit alarming though

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You tell us-- why all the pneumonia deaths?

Maybe pneumonia deaths were on par with the norm? Apparently there has been a drop in pneumonia, COPD, flu, etc. related deaths in general the last 5 mos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You tell us-- why all the pneumonia deaths?
    Stop repeating this lie tbh.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...deaths-uses-f/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to hear. Hopefully it will be sustained, but it will take a long period of growth to make back the losses.

More bounceback when/if more states can re-open. I have some optimism on that, but have a feeling we will see flareups and lockdowns going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We all saw what happened last week. We can't let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down and saying this is a great thing that's happening for our country. (It's) a great day for him. It's a great day for everybody," Trump said during a White House Rose Garden event before signing a piece of legislation devoted to small business loan flexibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good article, and presumably applicable to the texas numbers as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the low standards Trump s have for Trump

at least it’s not in the 20s, the fact we haven’t entered another Great Depression is something to celebrate
    yeah, and while it's great to see some bounce back, we all know there's some bad news with housing looming relatively soon.

Also great to see that the unemployment bonus worked as intended and in fact didn't turn people into welfare queens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe pneumonia deaths were on par with the norm? Apparently there has been a drop in pneumonia, COPD, flu, etc. related deaths in general the last 5 mos.
    We are still going to arrive, in December, at a final count of who died in the US this year. The figures for the population as a whole tend to be VERY predictable.

Given the burden by aging, and opiod epidemic US mortality has been creeping up. What I have seen is an overall predicted rate, pre-COVID of .0088 of the population.

Always room for some variance, but anything substantially over 2.8M people will have a pretty clear cause that will be easy to isolate from the general noise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tone def mentally ill bunker boy

retWeeeeeat!!!
    Fixed it for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still think its a stretch to believe that all the doctors in these states are knowingly lying on death certificates because of orders from higher ups... more evidence would be needed to actually adopt that conspiracy theory imo. it is a bit alarming though
    well, they don't necessarily have to lie. They would just have to not have tested people for covid. Isn't texas one of the states with the highest uninsured population in america? are tests free?

EDIT: I'm not privvy to the details of the allegations. Just answering sr21 on the plausability.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No need to sarcastic. I wasn't baiting you like most in here. I just thought your overall feeling was that quarantine/shut down should have been started sooner and not that it was necessarily avoidable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, they don't necessarily have to lie. They would just have to not have tested people for covid. Isn't texas one of the states with the highest uninsured population in america? are tests free?

EDIT: I'm not privvy to the details of the allegations. Just answering sr21 on the plausability.
    well if thats the case that still pushes back against the narrative that they are purposely underreporting covid as a political play, as is being suggested

Thread Information