Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt (know for a fact actually) that testing kits were in short supply and not being used on dead people.
    Even the flu deaths has a range of 24 - 63K deaths because they simply don't know, because people weren't tested before they died for whatever reason.
    I know there was a short supply initially, but I thought that ramped up? At least in some states. I know here in CA you can go get a test even if you don't have symptoms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol that's bull . The conspiracy theory is that red states are getting hit just as hard as some blue states but are lying about it. In order for that to be true either our hospitals are overwhelmed and there is a gian t cover up OR the hospitals and doctors are in on the conspiracy and not treating covid patients.

Because presumably you don't know what the conspiracy theory is. I've asked them (BB and Matt Damon) to lay it out clearly but so far they refuse to do so.

Where the are you getting doctors letting die from me saying COVID deaths look like they're being counted as pneumonia deaths in Texas?
    why is it so difficult to understand? the conspiracy theory is that people are being treated for and dying of covid but the cause of death is being written down as things other than covid

i dont have sufficient evidence to adopt this theory, but its not too difficult to understand what the theory is

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know there was a short supply initially, but I thought that ramped up? At least in some states. I know here in CA you can go get a test even if you don't have symptoms.
    three weeks ago I asked a friend (pediatrician) if they were testing any patients.. he said, “nope, tests are 500.00 and have a 15-30% margin of error.” He said,” antibody test would be more informative, so a false negative would be a liability.”

I asked, “but how specific are antibodies?”

he said, “ we don’t know, but probably specific enough to be more accurate than tests.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    three weeks ago I asked a friend (pediatrician) if they were testing any patients.. he said, “nope, tests are 500.00 and have a 15-30% margin of error.” He said,” antibody test would be more informative, so a false negative would be a liability.”

he said, “ we don’t know, but probably specific enough to be more accurate than tests.”
    this is funny because San Antonio Health Department has been calling physicians to make sure they know how inaccurate the antibody tests are and to make sure they aren't using them for diagnosis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure but not before some died without being tested in smaller hospitals or at home. It's still not easy to get tested unless you're willing to pay a private lab. You need a doctors referral.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes
    this is funny because San Antonio Health Department has been calling physicians to make sure they know how inaccurate the antibody tests are and to make sure they aren't using them for diagnosis.
    antibodies can recognize any part of a virus/bacteria (antigen). Some antigens can be shared with other viruses, so yes accuracy is questionable... but that begs the question, how can we certain about any statistics if we can not accurately diagnose?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes

antibodies can recognize any part of a virus/bacteria (antigen). Some antigens can be shared with other viruses, so yes accuracy is questionable... but that begs the question, how can we certain about any statistics if we can not accurately diagnose?
    The CDC isn't the only game in town for antibody tests. There are some with much better results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure but not before some died without being tested in smaller hospitals or at home. It's still not easy to get tested unless you're willing to pay a private lab. You need a doctors referral.
    hmm, city has been offering here to test anybody, no referral needed. But this is a relative 'hot spot', so it might make more sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You definitely want an antibody test (that works). I mean, if you had the virus before, you wanna know, so you stop getting re-tested.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you stupid. Of course the unemployment rate was going to fall as jobs opened up and people went back to work.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA did not need to shutdown everything
    A couple industries maybe not everything
    The USA did not shut down everything. Many jobs were considered essential and never shut down even if they were not really essential.

Most Manufacturing jobs kept going. Some service sector jobs shut down as they should have.
    Last edited by rascal; 06-06-2020 at 09:16 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes

These things have all been rushed. It is not surprising accuracy is questionable. And it’s not surprising that testing of accuracy are all over the place as well. We do the best with what we have right now.

Diagnose what exactly? This has been very misunderstood before is why I ask.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are you stupid. Of course the unemployment rate was going to fall as jobs opened up and people went back to work.
    Yep, and those $600.00 a week jobs were targeted by the non $600.00 a week recipients.

Somebody is always watching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting article.

We again see how even in financial forecasts and associated indexes the numbers have reason to be doubted.
    Imo we really like to feel like we have a hold of important numbers when we really do not. We do our best, but if one looks at how data is actually gathered and dissected we can be significantly off. Which is why having some sense of "margin" of error in a number is so important.

Economics relies so heavily on human behavior it becomes terribly difficult imo. Which is why we can all chose our favorite economists depending on our political leanings and then laugh at the "other" economists when they are wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Due to a miscategorization, the bottom line BLS unemployment figure widely reported yesterday is wrong.

Unemployment in the household survey rose to 16% last month.

https://www.thestreet.com/.amp-misht...ny-jobs-report

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting article.

We again see how even in financial forecasts and associated indexes the numbers have reason to be doubted.
    Imo we really like to feel like we have a hold of important numbers when we really do not. We do our best, but if one looks at how data is actually gathered and dissected we can be significantly off. Which is why having some sense of "margin" of error in a number is so important.

Economics relies so heavily on human behavior it becomes terribly difficult imo. Which is why we can all chose our favorite economists depending on our political leanings and then laugh at the "other" economists when they are wrong.
    so true

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting article.

Good post.

But the overall point is that Trump’s team likely knew or even let them release a faulty number at first just To brag about the relatively good numbers considering the situation we’re in right now.

By the time the correction occurs, they would have already benefited from the fake publishing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good post.

But the overall point is that Trump’s team likely knew or even let them release a faulty number at first just To brag about the relatively good numbers considering the situation we’re in right now.

By the time the correction occurs, they would have already benefited from the fake publishing.
    I would not doubt this in the least.
    With my TDS I cant believe the man on anything really.
    I really dont know how to treat anything he says as he is such a prolific liar. This is a very difficult situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I would not doubt this in the least.
    With my TDS I cant believe the man on anything really.
    I really dont know how to treat anything he says as he is such a prolific liar. This is a very difficult situation.
    Give me a in' break, peeg. Since we crossed 100k & that in' waste of space Floyd died you've been having the time of your life. You & Recky both. I've never seen ya's happier.

Yeah, MSM is going to make a saint out of that career felon Floyd. Big shot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Caught ya's on a Friday no less. You have to sit on it till at least the Sunday talk shows. They're steamin' big time over on CNN. Wouldn't even televise his presser yesterday. MSNBC cut out early as well. Had to resort to FOX to finish 'er out.

+ the Saudis and the Poot are helping out on that DOW again, by God.

Christ-a-mighty, we was at 29k when 19 hit. We're at 27k 3 months later.

You GD right that old man is gonna dance on your in' heads.

CHARGE!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unemployment Rate Would Have Been 3 Percent Higher in May If Furloughed Were Included

https://www.newsweek.com/unemployment-rate-would-have-been-3-percent-higher-may-if-furloughed-were-included-1509203

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would've, could've, should've.

Thread Information