Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Op is this you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As DMC said, we all know you can't really claim All Lives Matter until all actually do. And like you said, minorities apparently matter less, as seen in the Floyd case and other involving Hispanics and even Asians in some cases.

However, it would also be disingenuous to pretend that this country doesn't have a long history with racism and slavery, that centered on African Americans. So, they're just probably only ahead of the curve fighting to end racism and discrimination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLM was catchy, they came up with it first, and at least their slogan is in english so everybody can remember it tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus 'muricans love to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, and can eat guacamole until it's coming off their ears, so it's not all hate, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Op is this you?

Racial slurs aside, he's got a point. Kind of. Those Valley kids are worried about the plight of the black man when we got our own issues we deal with that nobody gives a about. Bet you even those kids themselves weren't as passionately against the "build the wall" campaign as they are for BLM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racial slurs aside, he's got a point. Kind of. Those Valley kids are worried about the plight of the black man when we got our own issues we deal with that nobody gives a about. Bet you even those kids themselves weren't as passionately against the "build the wall" campaign as they are for BLM.
    you dont think build a wall was a huge flash point?

the government shut down over border wall funding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh this is the victimhood olympics that conservative commentators accuse people on the left of doing

latinos rightfully have their beef with trump but no need to make that point at the exclusion of blm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As DMC said, we all know you can't really claim All Lives Matter until all actually do. And like you said, minorities apparently matter less, as seen in the Floyd case and other involving Hispanics and even Asians in some cases.

However, it would also be disingenuous to pretend that this country doesn't have a long history with racism and slavery, that centered on African Americans. So, they're just probably only ahead of the curve fighting to end racism and discrimination.
    BLM is fine. I mean some idiots take it too far and try to turn everything into a race issue, i.e. :

But in general, I agree with the movement. It's the blatant lack of support for other causes that bugs me. The amount of support for other causes isn't even close to comparable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh this is the victimhood olympics that conservative commentators accuse people on the left of doing

latinos rightfully have their beef with trump but no need to make that point at the exclusion of blm
    Nobody is excluding BLM. More like how about y'all give a about our causes as much as y'all do BLM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLM is fine. I mean some idiots take it too far and try to turn everything into a race issue, i.e. :

But in general, I agree with the movement. It's the blatant lack of support for other causes that bugs me. The amount of support for other causes isn't even close to comparable.
    Lots of support for latinos here in Cali, tbh... you just probably in the wrong state...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Op is this you?

Pretty sure that’s chucho tbh.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    All lives matter at the end of the day. Anything else is racist.
    All jobs matter, not just police.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so, a lot is missing from this. Why did he get pulled over? Speeding? License and insurance is always the first thing asked for. Why was he getting arrested? Why was he resisting? Even if I thought I was in the right, I wouldn’t resist. So many of these videos are missing big chunks of info.

DWade tweet video

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Op is this you?

Do you know his name?

I got some trees that need trimming

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, a lot is missing from this. Why did he get pulled over? Speeding? License and insurance is always the first thing asked for. Why was he getting arrested? Why was he resisting? Even if I thought I was in the right, I wouldn’t resist. So many of these videos are missing big chunks of info.

DWade tweet video
    Not much seems to be missing. He refused to cooperate and then got aggressive. Police showed incredible restraint.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not much seems to be missing. He refused to cooperate and then got aggressive. Police showed incredible restraint.
    i mean, I’ve seen tons of white boys and Latinos get thrown down like that on “Cops”. Resisting arrest is like begging to get your butt whipped. But still, you can’t draw any reasonable conclusion from that. What happened up to the point of video? How do you get out of the car and behind it for a speeding violation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's one thing to come to another country seeking a better life and finding resistance and some stereotyping. It's quite another to be plucked from your land and enslaved for 300 years, then treated like you weren't smart enough to avoid it, and the cultural chaos and inevitable life choices that goes with it. If you're a white child, even a poor one, you look around you and see a history that involves people that look like you, your parents don't talk about segregation or being afraid for their lives, or being forced to eat, sleep, drink and live in different conditions/areas than whites. You don't have the "them not us" feeling because you don't have any reason to see yourself as less than them. So you might just end up seeing them as less than you, especially if you're taught that, and they feeling your air of superiority will resent you for it, and they will close ranks and protect themselves and each other. No surprise that happened, no surprise it's still happening since the only real change has been inclusion. The old school mentality still rules the roost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus 'muricans love to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, and can eat guacamole until it's coming off their ears, so it's not all hate, tbh
    I straight up married me a Mexican. I can't be racist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But there is (disproportionately) more outrage/passion for the issues blacks face than there is for issues other minorities face.

We're really going to pretend like that isn't the case?
    1st off, Mexican isn't a race. You're white. You're privileged too so get over it. The disadvantages a Mexican feels when coming LEGALLY to the US are pretty much what any immigrant feels going to another country. If you want to be a minority, it's only because you're Latino, but you've never really been a 2nd class citizen in the US (likely not even a citizen tbh). A wealthy Latino in the US isn't treated any differently than a wealthy white person, but a wealthy black person will still be pulled over by cops for driving a nice car after dark.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    But there is (disproportionately) more outrage/passion for the issues blacks face than there is for issues other minorities face.

We're really going to pretend like that isn't the case?
    Most races pity onto blacks because most mistreated them at some point. Except Eastern Euros and Asians. We treat them like any other minority group.

USA fought a War against Mexico. There is a mutual understanding between gentleman it was handled on the field.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean, I’ve seen tons of white boys and Latinos get thrown down like that on “Cops”. Resisting arrest is like begging to get your butt whipped. But still, you can’t draw any reasonable conclusion from that. What happened up to the point of video? How do you get out of the car and behind it for a speeding violation?
    That's easy, just talk to them. Happened to me and I'm as white as it gets. DPS are assholes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The outrage in the US is understandable though based on historical evidence. Hispanics never really had to go through the extreme racism faced by black people in the 60.

Now the protest outside the US..now that’s probably where OP and I agree. It’s funny how certain countries call for “Black lives matter” but treat their natives like dirt. I’m looking at you canadians.

Granted some countries are probably just using this to egg on the US

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's one thing to come to another country seeking a better life and finding resistance and some stereotyping. It's quite another to be plucked from your land and enslaved for 300 years, then treated like you weren't smart enough to avoid it, and the cultural chaos and inevitable life choices that goes with it. If you're a white child, even a poor one, you look around you and see a history that involves people that look like you, your parents don't talk about segregation or being afraid for their lives, or being forced to eat, sleep, drink and live in different conditions/areas than whites. You don't have the "them not us" feeling because you don't have any reason to see yourself as less than them. So you might just end up seeing them as less than you, especially if you're taught that, and they feeling your air of superiority will resent you for it, and they will close ranks and protect themselves and each other. No surprise that happened, no surprise it's still happening since the only real change has been inclusion. The old school mentality still rules the roost.
    I just have an overall issue 'ranking' discrimination. I think, as you said, and I agreed, that there are motives for certain race or culture to feel more aggravated than another, but the whole discussion is largely academic. It distracts from the real problem here, discrimination is wrong in any way, shape or form, and at any level.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, at least Floyd is no longer wasting the space he once occupied.

Thread Information