Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draw me a picture here. What was manipulated?

Also the guy with the blue thing. Is he jacking off with it as he stands in front of the car, what is he doing with it? What is the blue thing?
    They were claiming it was a right wing hit and run attack,

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...vehicle-attack

When she stamped on the gas after the mob started to pull her out of the car...

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Waiting for Pop's message for black people.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Silence is violence."

Waiting on Pop to speak up.

Still waiting on Pop to call out the billion dollar companies ins uting racist policies.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's national news when a white person calls the police on a black person.

It's national news when a white high school kid in a Trump hat smirks at an asshole beating a drum in his face.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can't wait for mainstream propaganda to make it national news when a white person does anything to a black person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for mainstream propaganda to make it national news when a white person does anything to a black person.
    Pop will be pontificating on these, won't he?

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could've just stated from the get go that you think systemic racism is a hoax , and we would just not have taken you seriously, much like we do with Nathan.
    Oh there it is… the buzz word that aims to shut down all conversation.

I very clearly stated that racism exists (on multiple occasions). Attempting to paint everyone as a transgressor, however, is highly divisive and unjust. That’s why I called it a second wave of McCarthyism. Crying “systemic racism” today is tantamount to crying “communism” back in the 50s.

Define it. How much of the population is racist? 1%, 5%, 10%? 3 million people? 15 million people? 30 million people? More?

The claim of “systemic racism”, therefore, is an evasive dodge that doesn’t actually point to any specific problem that we as a society can work to resolve. No. It broadly claims that EVERYTHING is racist – and in that context nothing can actually change.

I am a realist. You are grossly mistaken if you feel that the prejudice of racism can be wholly eradicated from society (at the individual level). Ignorance and fear are unfortunately a part of the human element and will be among us until the day of judgement. Let's prosecute all hate crimes on a case by case basis. HOLD people accountable for their crimes. I just don't agree with claiming that a huge swath of society is "guilty" of the crime of racism simply for being born white. That broad claim is what is wrong with this movement.

But no, you had to come over here and start pointing fingers at black people for their problems, as if that somehow justifies the fact that they get largely and consistently discriminated. Sometimes even killed for being black.
    Such a reductionist argument. I don’t condone any injustice and I certainly don’t justify discrimination.

Besides, you’re deflecting again.

Again, the issue that I’m debunking here is the claim that Black Americans are being targeted and hunted down by law enforcement officials based on race alone.

THAT CLAIM IS NOT TRUE.

For someone that claims to be very smart, you sure do have a problem understanding statistical pools and concept of statistical representation. There are 330 million Americans. You could highlight a George Floyd-type, unjust death at the hands of law enforcement every week for a year (the media would love this) AND IT STILL wouldn’t indicate a racially motivated problem, given that there are 375 million interactions with law enforcement officers every year and 38 million interactions with violent criminals. The pool is vastly larger than the police brutality tumor that resides within it.

What’s odd is that you apparently don’t care to call out any of the violence that is taking place on our streets of late. Many of it directed at white people simply for being white. You are content to keep suggesting that all of that violence is warranted. Such a good Marxist ideological soldier you are. That ideology certainly uses violence as a tool. Which brings me to my next point.

Do Black lives matter?

Of course they do.

But the Marxist garbage on the rest of BLM’s official platform is insidiously, if not overtly destructive.

“We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.”

We saw this dynamic play out in the Soviet Union as well. The power establishment seeks to break down the role of the family so that they can sweep in and usurp a position that doesn’t rightfully belong to them - all of this to ultimately gain control of people. Sadly all of the folks that did not agree with this dogma were sent to Soviet Gulags for “re-education”. Millions of dissenters were sent to those re-education camps, their property was unjustly absorbed by the State. Their children were also taken from them and handed over to the Soviet State for a “collectivist upbringing”. Over three million people died in the harsh squalor created by these camps since many of them were located in the inhospitable cold of Siberia.
    From Wiki:

After the USSR dissolved, evidence from the Soviet archives was declassified and researchers were allowed to study it. These archives contained official records of 799,455 executions (1921–1953), around 1.7 million deaths in the Gulag, some 390,000 deaths during the dekulakization forced resettlement, and up to 400,000 deaths of persons deported during the 1940s – with a total of about 3.3 million officially recorded victims in these categories.
    This is precisely where we are headed as a nation under the current mob rule mentality.

Now, you come here to rant about Democrats. See what I mean? Exactly what I pointed out a few posts ago, you want to talk about everything but racism, because that entails some intellectual honesty and introspection, of which you have none.
    IN the context of your hypocrisy spare me the virtue signaling. You have always avoided true introspection when it comes to evaluating the extent of the damage perpetrated by the Democratic Party upon Black communities. Party strategies are the only ones wanting to perpetuate the idea of racism – because any ‘race war’ keeps them in political power.

This isn't dogma. It's not some fairy tale like the bible where you get to pick and choose what that imaginary guy in the sky really meant. This is real life, with real implications from socioeconomic disadvantages to sometimes lost lives.
    Of course it’s dogma. You believe in ‘systemic racism’ without tangible, quantifiable proof. Your claims hinge on nothing but anecdotal evidence (cir stantial as that is).

Why do you think that the movement relies on absorbing the very real plight of Black Americans during the period of slavery, the Jim Crow era and the Civil Rights era? Because innately oppressive laws simply don’t exist today. Because racism is not as pervasive today as it was in those eras. They need the very real, and disgraceful oppression from that period to light the torch of hatred in today’s Black community. The claim is certainly dogmatic.

Again I’ll repeat:

After we ask all white people to take a penitent knee for “the sins of their forefathers” perhaps we can ask them to wear a scarlet “W” on their chests.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 06-22-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys aren’t serious........right? You didn’t know ALL black people are angles and can do no wrong? That’s what the conversation wasn’t about...... You say it enough, it becomes your truth! Sad fellas......you can do better than this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I very clearly stated that racism exists (on multiple occasions). Attempting to paint everyone as a transgressor, however, is highly divisive and unjust. That’s why I called it a second wave of McCarthyism. Crying “systemic racism” today is tantamount to crying “communism” back in the 50s.

Define it. How much of the population is racist? 1%, 5%, 10%? 3 million people? 15 million people? 30 million people? More?

The claim of “systemic racism”, therefore, is an evasive dodge that doesn’t actually point to any specific problem that we as a society can work to resolve. No. It broadly claims that EVERYTHING is racist – and in that context nothing can actually change.

I am a realist. You are grossly mistaken if you feel that the prejudice of racism can be wholly eradicated from society (at the individual level). Ignorance and fear are unfortunately a part of the human element and will be among us until the day of judgement. Let's prosecute all hate crimes on a case by case basis. HOLD people accountable for their crimes. I just don't agree with claiming that a huge swath of society is "guilty" of the crime of racism simply for being born white. That broad claim is what is wrong with this movement.

Such a reductionist argument. I don’t condone any injustice and I certainly don’t justify discrimination.

Besides, you’re deflecting again.

Again, the issue that I’m debunking here is the claim that Black Americans are being targeted and hunted down by law enforcement officials based on race alone.

THAT CLAIM IS NOT TRUE.

For someone that claims to be very smart, you sure do have a problem understanding statistical pools and concept of statistical representation. There are 330 million Americans. You could highlight a George Floyd-type, unjust death at the hands of law enforcement every week for a year (the media would love this) AND IT STILL wouldn’t indicate a racially motivated problem, given that there are 375 million interactions with law enforcement officers every year and 38 million interactions with violent criminals. The pool is vastly larger than the police brutality tumor that resides within it.

What’s odd is that you apparently don’t care to call out any of the violence that is taking place on our streets of late. Many of it directed at white people simply for being white. You are content to keep suggesting that all of that violence is warranted. Such a good Marxist ideological soldier you are. That ideology certainly uses violence as a tool. Which brings me to my next point.

Do Black lives matter?

Of course they do.

But the Marxist garbage on the rest of BLM’s official platform is insidiously, if not overtly destructive.

“We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.”

We saw this dynamic play out in the Soviet Union as well. The power establishment seeks to break down the role of the family so that they can sweep in and usurp a position that doesn’t rightfully belong to them - all of this to ultimately gain control of people. Sadly all of the folks that did not agree with this dogma were sent to Soviet Gulags for “re-education”. Millions of dissenters were sent to those re-education camps, their property was unjustly absorbed by the State. Their children were also taken from them and handed over to the Soviet State for a “collectivist upbringing”. Over three million people died in the harsh squalor created by these camps since many of them were located in the inhospitable cold of Siberia.
    From Wiki:

This is precisely where we are headed as a nation under the current mob rule mentality.

IN the context of your hypocrisy spare me the virtue signaling. You have always avoided true introspection when it comes to evaluating the extent of the damage perpetrated by the Democratic Party upon Black communities. Party strategies are the only ones wanting to perpetuate the idea of racism – because any ‘race war’ keeps them in political power.

Of course it’s dogma. You believe in ‘systemic racism’ without tangible, quantifiable proof. Your claims hinge on nothing but anecdotal evidence (cir stantial as that is).

Why do you think that the movement relies on absorbing the very real plight of Black Americans during the period of slavery, the Jim Crow era and the Civil Rights era? Because innately oppressive laws simply don’t exist today. Because racism is not as pervasive today as it was in those eras. They need the very real oppression from that period to light the torch of hatred in today’s Black community. The claim is certainly dogmatic.

Again I’ll repeat:

After we ask all white people to take a penitent knee for “the sins of their forefathers” perhaps we can ask them to wear scarlet “W” on their chests.
    Dude are you really not going to address the volatile history and mistreatment of black people in this country? Own your stuff.... history is NOT on your side of the discussion. And yeah, someone always pay for the sins of the farther..... so, will that be cash or card?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

White guilt is pathetic. Someone inform Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude are you really not going to address the volatile history and mistreatment of black people in this country? Own your stuff.... history is NOT on your side of the discussion. And yeah, someone always pay for the sins of the farther..... so, will that be cash or card?
    Own what stuff?

“History is NOT on my side of the discussion”

I’m Mexican, and can trace my ancestry to before the time when Texas became a state. My forefathers weren’t involved in the slave trade in any capacity. I don’t owe anything to the Black American community. Not even an apology. They deserve the compassion and dignity that any other human deserves.

That’s why the concept of reparations is very complex. Find everyone directly accountable for the oppression of Black Americans and there might be a handful of corporations that operated in those times. As corporations they might be held liable for their “direct” actions. When attempting to collect from the broader population at large, however, who would be held accountable? Less than than 4% of the people that lived in the former Confederacy were wealthy enough to even “own” slaves. Maybe if you found direct descendants a claim might stick. The problem is that proponents of reparations have gone as far as suggesting that everyone be taxed as proper res ution for the plight of the Black Community. The logistics for any such plan would be unfair to many people though. And then you would have to determine who the direct beneficiaries of such a plan would be - which is not an easy task either.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 06-23-2020 at 11:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do Black lives matter?
    Of course they do.
    There's no shutting down any conversation words... your previous post made it seem that you thought systemic racism simply didn't exist. If that were to be the case, then I don't even know why would you be posting here.

Look, the bolded above is what matters. We can't say "All lives matter" if we implicitly don't actually acknowledge that black lives do. Otherwise, it's a logical fallacy.

I don't subscribe to the whole BLM political platform either, and I don't think Pop is asking you to either. However, recognizing that there's systemic racism in certain areas that discriminate based on color (and other forms of discrimination, like sex, etc) is a first important step in eradicating it.

If we can't even agree to the fact that there's statistically provable and pervasive systemic racial discrimination (as big or as little as it might be), then this is simply a conversation we can't have.

If we do agree that racism exist, it's wrong, and we should be better at calling it out, and getting rid of it, then by all means we should. Silence is being complicit. Excuses are even worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Own what stuff?

I’m Mexican, and can trace my ancestry to before the time when Texas became a state. My forefathers weren’t involved in the slave trade in any capacity. I don’t owe anything to the Black American community. Not even an apology. They deserve the compassion and dignity that any other human deserves.

That’s why the concept of reparations is very complex. Find everyone directly accountable for the oppression of Black Americans and there might be a handful of corporations that operated in those times. As corporations they might be held liable for their “direct” actions. When attempting to collect from the broader population at large, however, who would be held accountable? Less than than 4% of the people that lived in the former Confederacy were wealthy enough to even “own” slaves. Maybe if you found direct descendants a claim might stick. The problem is that proponents of reparations have gone as far as suggest that everyone be taxed as proper res ution for the plight of the Black Community. The logistics for any such plan would be unfair to many people though. And then you would have to determine who the direct beneficiaries of such a plan would be.
    I think Texas should go back to Mexico, tbh... IMVHO...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Own what stuff?

That’s why the concept of reparations is very complex. Find everyone directly accountable for the oppression of Black Americans and there might be a handful of corporations that operated in those times. As corporations they might be held liable for their “direct” actions. When attempting to collect from the broader population at large, however, who would be held accountable? Less than than 4% of the people that lived in the former Confederacy were wealthy enough to even “own” slaves. Maybe if you found direct descendants a claim might stick. The problem is that proponents of reparations have gone as far as suggest that everyone be taxed as proper res ution for the plight of the Black Community. The logistics for any such plan would be unfair to many people though. And then you would have to determine who the direct beneficiaries of such a plan would be.
    I won’t make this too difficult, if those shoes don’t fit I wouldn’t sweat it. We don’t need apologies from you or anyone else, I just would like everyone to know our history before spouting off. I’m not Mexican but I am from San Antonio; I love that city and All of its inhabitants. Out of respect, I wouldn’t dare run my mouth about the plight of Mexican people without knowing their journey.....that’s just me. My homies that are Mexican have always been standup dudes; respect begets respect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not hard to figure out compensation to Black people; you just gotta want to do it. They’ve had a century plus to figure it out but yet excuses come easier. 4 Centuries yo? Bruh........stop playing! Who really should not fool with who based off history?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They hung black people and shoved their genitals in their mouths.....true story! So when I see young White,Latino,Asian,Black kids standing up for justice of the same group of people terrorized since their arrival to this land, it speaks to ones courage & humility. They didn’t have to do it but they did..... keep your apology we prefer your actions.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It spoke to their courage in the 60s. Nothing on display now involves courage. The people are an uninformed mob.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have billion dollar companies ins uting racist policies. If you have the media hiding stories/propping up stories to benefit your narrative. If you have to constantly look at history. Maybe you aren't such a victim.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if big government policies that hurt blacks that people champion to this day weren't ins uted then things would be a lot better for everyone. Nah, let's avoid responsibility.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"It's just a statue."

Pattern recognition.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol....Bravo!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have just a simple request; can you provide that data for me requested above? The 60’s......yeah that’s where we should pick up this story! Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Texas should go back to Mexico, tbh... IMVHO...
    Nah...

As a Mexican born, U.S. Citizen I often grappled with the "injustice" of how a fake skirmish across the Nueces River led to the U.S. Army march upon Mexico City and the theft (for a petty sum of money) of the land that now comprises the States of California, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and parts of Oklahoma and Texas (this after Texas 'won' their own independence from Mexico via "a glorified militarization of squatters"). More so when discovering that the U.S. Government already knew that gold existed in California (before the famous find at Sutter's Mill). However, when I matured enough to understand that history is very complex and not always "black and white" it dawned on me that under U.S. sovereignty those states were actually allowed to prosper. Think about that for a second.

If they had stayed under Mexican sovereignty - in a hypothetical alternate timeline - there is no way that the resources would have been managed with the same level of stewardship. Said resources would have been squandered by the same crony types that have squandered the great resources in Mexico. The lands would be overrun by drug cartel mafias today. The land itself owned by the "political nobility" and their descendants.

You see (and I've said this before on plenty of occasions), I absolutely love Mexico: its history, its folklore, its rich cuisine, its music, its sights, its beaches and mountains, its weather, its art and architecture, its people and its culture. You even know that I happen to cheer their fútbol teams over any other nation's, including the U.S. You know what I absolutely despise though? I hate Mexico's brand of government. Its socialist inclinations are what have wreaked havoc upon the Mexican people over the past several decades to the point where they have been forced to emigrate into the U.S. seeking better opportunities. Meanwhile the crony thieves (otherwise known as Mexican politicians) have reaped the benefits of this dynamic. From their vantage point when more people leave the country then they are able to steal more money from the land and have to manage less people. So they inherently have no vested interest in preventing the mass exodus (especially when many of the migrant families that work in the U.S. send billions of dollars back to Mexico - which of course gets funneled back to the government via ridiculous taxation rates, and back to the pockets of the politician-thieves via egregious loop holes).
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 06-23-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please watch Jane Elliott......YouTube her. Nathan

Thread Information