Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Chances of that comprehensive sort of reform won't happen.

But if they just eliminate this dumb war on drugs started by Reagan in the 80's, it will make quite a bit of difference.

We need more state run drug rehab facilities and less jails. So many of these folks are on drugs. They are non-violent offenders and get treated as though they were violent offenders. Unless they are proven to be distributors, they should not spend a day in jail, imo.

What can we do?
    - Fund inner city neighborhood watch groups who report to a specific police group trained to work within this region. No rookies.
    - Limit the amount of times a police officer can actually place a person in cuffs or arrest a person. Verifiable evidence needs to be in place before an arrest can occur. Severe repercussions should be put in place for restraining an individual without verifiable evidence. In medical we must check a person's pulse every 15 minutes when restrained and insure they are medically sound. A doctor's order needs to be used to retrain a patient. Police can initiate a restraint but an on call judge needs to authorize continued restraint past a certain time period. Police need to be trained to do the same thing regarding medical assessments and restraints.
    - All court fines including traffic tickets should be prorated based off income.
    - Bail laws need to be modified to a prorate of income unless deemed an international flight risk.
    - Drug possession conviction should give the defendant a right to choose a special rehab program over the conviction. As rehab has about a 30% success rate then this may have to occur several times or the rehab program needs to have some extensive controls.
    - Allow school choice to everyone. Brownsville Texas education has dramatically improved by proprietary schools opening and allowing students to register is they wish at no extra cost including transportation.
    - Men and women who need to pay child support should have their payments covered by the government while going to school that leads to higher income. These payments can be paid back without interest at the same rate once the child is 18.
    - People who have had no drug issues for 5 years can be allowed to apply, train, and drive a commercial truck including ex-prisoners.
    - State felony's, except in murder and rape, need to be removed from public records once a person has completed their sentence including probation.

tbh - These reforms not only help the black population but will also help everyone who struggles through this world regardless of race.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If poop were not white he would’ve been fired years ago. He’s a walking embodiment of white privilege, he’s just too arrogant to see it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Agreed. Soros is the man behind the curtain pulling the strings.

And BLM stops traffic. Ask Reginald Denny how that works out for you if you are a innocent person just driving and minding your own business.

I've seen video of police do the same thing to a white person so I gave up on the bull video after 39 seconds . BLM is built on a mountain of lies. This movement is the works of Democrats and mainstream media manipulating the masses. They do the same thing with women via their invented "wage gap". They don't care about facts. They care about making people outraged so they can achieve their political agenda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If poop were not white he would’ve been fired years ago. He’s a walking embodiment of white privilege, he’s just too arrogant to see it.
    Yet he uses his platform for a better cause

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How about you also respond to my post on the previous page
    You want me to fish around and search for your posts? No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet he uses his platform for a better cause
    A greater cause would be doing his job winning basketball games too bad he doesn’t do that anymore tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I really think Poop is hitting the bottle way to hard he is going off the deal end someone needs to help him. I am pretty sure that Poop is pissed that the NBA won’t let him coach due to him being in that age group of catching and dying from Corona Virus.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And sir, you have no idea what you are talking about. Have you ever dealt with racial injustice and inequality? Have you ever been treated differently because of the color of your skin?

Wait, you want facts - how about I crominate and take you to school on facts.

Death by Cops

2019:

370 white people died
    235 black people

2020:

172 white people died
    88 black people died

Now someone such as yourself would take these facts and run with it, but lets take a deeper dive into this, shall we?

76% of the population is white and 13% of the population is black.

----------------------

Police officers use FORCE against black people more than 7 times the rate of whites:

Since 2015, the Minneapolis police have do ented using force about 11,500 times. For at least 6,650 acts of force, the subject of that force was black , who make up 13% of the population.

By comparison, the police have used force about 2,750 times against white people, who make up about 76% percent of the population.

----------------------

Black people are killed at 3.5 times more likely to be killed by Police officers than white people

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

----------------------

Police kill, on average, 2.8 men per day. Police were responsible for about 8% of all homicides with adult male victims between 2012 and 2018. Black men’s mortality risk is between 1.9 and 2.4 deaths per 100 000 per year, Latino risk is between 0.8 and 1.2, and White risk is between 0.6 and 0.7.

https://ajph.aphapublications.org/do...PH.2018.304559

----------------------

Please, sir. Enlighten me on how these facts prove your moronic, racist, and ignorant point of view.

You wanna keep going? Maybe evaluate your own moronic implicit bias, but you probably have never heard of that word.

Oh wait why don't we look at Social work? Why is it that white kids get paired back together with their white parents more than double the rate than black kids get with their parents?

I am looking forward to hearing how you twist these facts into how it's not true just like women and wage gap??

You are Trying to create it about the parties when it has nothing to do with democrats and republicans. It comes to dealing with equality as humans but apparently you seem to not believe in that.

Because I can take you to school on almost every topic possible when it comes to this as someone who works in the justice system and has worked on Capitol Hill.
    Adjust for the # of crimes each group commits and the "bias" more or less vanishes.

https://scholar.harvard.edu/fryer/pu...lice-use-force

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Pop should not just talk about it, but be about it

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are rioting in many countries. These people are just lunatics trying to tear down society.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And sir, you have no idea what you are talking about. Have you ever dealt with racial injustice and inequality? Have you ever been treated differently because of the color of your skin?

Wait, you want facts - how about I crominate and take you to school on facts.

Death by Cops

2019:

370 white people died
    235 black people

2020:

172 white people died
    88 black people died

Now someone such as yourself would take these facts and run with it, but lets take a deeper dive into this, shall we?

76% of the population is white and 13% of the population is black.

----------------------

Police officers use FORCE against black people more than 7 times the rate of whites:

Since 2015, the Minneapolis police have do ented using force about 11,500 times. For at least 6,650 acts of force, the subject of that force was black , who make up 13% of the population.

By comparison, the police have used force about 2,750 times against white people, who make up about 76% percent of the population.

----------------------

Black people are killed at 3.5 times more likely to be killed by Police officers than white people

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

----------------------

Police kill, on average, 2.8 men per day. Police were responsible for about 8% of all homicides with adult male victims between 2012 and 2018. Black men’s mortality risk is between 1.9 and 2.4 deaths per 100 000 per year, Latino risk is between 0.8 and 1.2, and White risk is between 0.6 and 0.7.

https://ajph.aphapublications.org/do...PH.2018.304559

----------------------

Please, sir. Enlighten me on how these facts prove your moronic, racist, and ignorant point of view.

You wanna keep going? Maybe evaluate your own moronic implicit bias, but you probably have never heard of that word.

Oh wait why don't we look at Social work? Why is it that white kids get paired back together with their white parents more than double the rate than black kids get with their parents?

I am looking forward to hearing how you twist these facts into how it's not true just like women and wage gap??

You are Trying to create it about the parties when it has nothing to do with democrats and republicans. It comes to dealing with equality as humans but apparently you seem to not believe in that.

Because I can take you to school on almost every topic possible when it comes to this as someone who works in the justice system and has worked on Capitol Hill.
    That's a good attempt and you put forth a lot of effort but your argument rests on a failed premise. The premise that the disconnect between population percentage and black people getting killed by police is automatically the result of racism. That's not the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Pop realize the left is a cult?
    Like all Trump supporters, you project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Soros is the man behind the curtain pulling the strings.

And BLM stops traffic. Ask Reginald Denny how that works out for you if you are a innocent person just driving and minding your own business.
    SOOOORRRRROOOOOSSSS!!!1!1!1

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

That's a nice gesture. He's not Catholic so he doesn't get the meaning behind it. Since he has acknowledged being one of those evil rich white guys; maybe start by donating all his $$ to charities that benefit black causes.

Until then, I reject him and believe he should be treated as just another political hack.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There are millions of broke azz white people in trailer parks, eating mayo sandwiches...and they would love to know what is this white privilege you speak of.

Asians here earn more per-capita than everybody, so maybe there is an Asian privilege that I am not privy to.

Racism exists in all forms, not just superficial white folks. And you are right, there is still a bias that exists in society, but I have lived long enough to see improvements take place. Body cams, etc, have helped with accountability and I think most people are not that dense and superficial and judge people by how they carry themselves and not by the color of their skin.

Uh that’s not what I’m saying I’m saying there’s a systemic racism and biased
    Point of view and furthermore implicit bias. But it’s fun to see you can’t really counter my points.

How’s it feel to have White privilege? Have you ever stepped in the shoes of a black person or person of color?
    Last edited by Dirks_Finale; 06-07-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh that’s not what I’m saying I’m saying there’s a systemic racism and biased
    Point of view and furthermore implicit bias. But it’s fun to see you can’t really counter my points.

How’s it feel to have White privilege? Have you ever stepped in the shoes of a black person or person of color?
    I countered your point at the premise level.

How does it feel to be in a discussion and have to resort to leftist bull like "white privilege" to invalidate the other person? That's pathetic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People can’t have a real conversation about racism. On one side, you speak your mind and you get the Drew Brees treatment at least, if not all out cancel culture and lose your job and kicked out of society. On the other side, most white people are disinterested in changing society bc they benefit from it disproportionately. So most white people either give lip service, but secretly disagree to avoid public retribution.

End of the day, you never get an honest conversation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are millions of broke azz white people in trailer parks, eating mayo sandwiches...and they would love to know what is this white privilege you speak of.

Asians here earn more per-capita than everybody, so maybe there is an Asian privilege that I am not privy to.

Racism exists in all forms, not just superficial white folks. And you are right, there is still a bias that exists in society, but I have lived long enough to see improvements take place. Body cams, etc, have helped with accountability and I think most people are not that dense and superficial and judge people by how they carry themselves and not by the color of their skin.
    I generally avoid wasting my time on cult following, closet racists, but this is exactly what's being talked about with the lack of education and unwillingness to listen.

White privalege doesn't mean you couldn't have had a hard life, it just means it wasn't made harder by the color of your skin.

Black Lives Matter doesn't mean all lives don't, it just means that black ones should matter equally.

These things should be self explanatory, yet you people continue to attempt to distract from the issues to further your disgusting agenda.

The biggest problem with this country remains the fact that it's still so segregated. There shouldn't be terms such as "African-American" and "black community". If you're born and raised in the country, your's just American. People don't commonly refer to white people as "European-American" and last I checked they weren't native to the country either.

Racism is taught, but if you grow up in a diverse environment, you're far less likely to fall ill to it, no matter how you were raised.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The radical left is actual the cult following you speak of with all their ridiculous white shaming.

But I agree with you on segregation. It should not be a thing... And I have the exact same feelings on it. So maybe you are misjudging me and others here.

I generally avoid wasting my time on cult following, closet racists, but this is exactly what's being talked about with the lack of education and unwillingness to listen.

White privalege doesn't mean you couldn't have had a hard life, it just means it wasn't made harder by the color of your skin.

Black Lives Matter doesn't mean all lives don't, it just means that black ones should matter equally.

These things should be self explanatory, yet you people continue to attempt to distract from the issues to further your disgusting agenda.

The biggest problem with this country remains the fact that it's still so segregated. There shouldn't be terms such as "African-American" and "black community". If you're born and raised in the country, your's just American. People don't commonly refer to white people as "European-American" and last I checked they weren't native to the country either.

Racism is taught, but if you grow up in a diverse environment, you're far less likely to fall ill to it, no matter how you were raised.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The radical left is actual the cult following you speak of with all their ridiculous white shaming.

But I agree with you on segregation. It should not be a thing... And I have the exact same feelings on it. So maybe you are misjudging me and others here.
    No, the cult following is that pathetic excuse for a human being and the definition of white privilege, who closet racists treat as god because he perpetuates the disgusting things they believe in.

You're being close minded by refusing to listen to and be educated by the people who have been oppressed for 400 years.

No one is shaming whites (poor them, always being picked on; if only they could catch a break), they're saying this could only conceivably get fixed by them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of you seem to care so why do you keep biting each other's ankles instead of trying to discuss specific things that can be done to make things better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I want a picture of Pop washing Stephen Jackson’s feet while they go over his grievances with the Spurs.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol countered at the premise level. Great bail out technique for not addressing my points.

Yeah that’s what I thought just another racist trump supporter who loves how the country is being divived
    Yawn. The classic leftist strategy to call everyone a racist. You people are pathetic.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People can’t have a real conversation about racism. On one side, you speak your mind and you get the Drew Brees treatment at least, if not all out cancel culture and lose your job and kicked out of society. On the other side, most white people are disinterested in changing society bc they benefit from it disproportionately. So most white people either give lip service, but secretly disagree to avoid public retribution.

End of the day, you never get an honest conversation.
    Asians manage to be the most successful in the racist system.

Thread Information