Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said before, black people are resilient and full of love! Don’t let these fools label nor define you. History and the present is full of powerful/great examples of your heritage......tap into it! Nathan’s of the world fear your mind more than physical stature. I asked multiple times to compare stats with these clowns to debunk the foolishness but have gotten no takers�� ZWJ I’ll give you a pass this time.
    Where was that love in Chicago last week? or pretty much any week?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot erase history. Between 1920 and 1960 the black USA population had the highest rate of graduation in high school and college verses any other race. Anyone who thinks a black person is not capable then you are not paying attention.
    So, with all respect. One simple question. What happened?
    But that doesn't jive with the stereotypes these closet racists have been fed, so it must be propaganda to bring down their god and his party. Remember, that's what everything is based on not just nationally, but internationally. It always has been.

This is a perfect example of how insidious segregation is. You have vermin like the types polluting this thread, who clearly have little to no experience around blacks (if not ethnics), who then revert to stereotypical garbage and draw conclusions based on it because that's all they have to base their opinion on. Their feeble brains can't process the fact that the miniscule amount they've seen doesn't represent an entire race.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do we always have to go back in history? yes, there were slaves and nothing can be done about the past. If any white guy feels guilty just cause there were slaves 100+ years ago, i really feel sorry for you. Also, last time I checked every race in USA has the same rights, so its not my problem that blacks rather take a gun in their hand and sit on some stairs on the streets the whole day, instead of sitting in a school and reading a book. USA and Great Britain are also the best places for black people to live in, but they also the most about racism.
    Oh and i studied history for 8 years and i did read a lot of gotdamn books.
    There's never been full equality since slavery. And until the historical inequities, ranging from family wealth to education, to access to healthcare, to equal housing opportunities, to a blind and fair justice system, are put into the dustbin of history, yes you have a responsibility for the disparate outcomes among blacks and whites.

You don't just get to throw your hands up and say welp, that was a long time ago and I didn't own slaves.

Again, your ignorance is showing. Those books you read must have been from George Wallace and David Duke because they've taught you nothing about history.

I guarantee you that were you born into a black man's shoes, you'd be singing an entirely different tune.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I guarantee you that were you born into a black man's shoes, you'd be singing an entirely different tune.
    I see a lot of this type of questions, like, how would it be if u were born black.. and i just cant anwser this, cause i dont know and i dont like all this what if scenarios. But yea, you're right, if i was born black i'd have a tough life.....in africa.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot erase history. Between 1920 and 1960 the black USA population had the highest rate of graduation in high school and college verses any other race. Anyone who thinks a black person is not capable then you are not paying attention.
    So, with all respect. One simple question. What happened?
    So slavery is clearly not the problem. And unless you think the country has gotten more racist since then I'd say racism is also not the problem.

Thomas Sowell typically highlights the welfare state, minimum wage laws, and collapse of the rate of kids being raised by two parents. You can read his books or watch YouTube interviews if you are interested.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said before, black people are resilient and full of love! Don’t let these fools label nor define you. History and the present is full of powerful/great examples of your heritage......tap into it! Nathan’s of the world fear your mind more than physical stature. I asked multiple times to compare stats with these clowns to debunk the foolishness but have gotten no takers�� ZWJ I’ll give you a pass this time.
    You asked to chat. I'm here chatting. I don't recall any stats in your commentary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol......reading, comprehension and understanding context is fundamental. That’s all
    I don't see any math there...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You asked to chat. I'm here chatting. I don't recall any stats in your commentary.
    Who are the top five black Americans you admire?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any math there...
    Math......great catch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are your top 5 Asian Americans?

I can name 5 black people I admire. Has nothing to do with being black. They aren't even famous, you won't even know them.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As DMC basically said this is a bit absurd. Give me your top 5 Hispanic, Asian, Native Indian, White, etc.

There are tons of admirable people for many different reasons. I think those that come from nothing to greatness like Ben Carson are objectively admirable though I don't really get any special long lasting feeling for him in particular. That's pretty much how I feel about most people. Though I am a big fan of Thomas Sowell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As DMC basically said this is a bit absurd. Give me your top 5 Hispanic, Asian, Native Indian, White, etc.

There are tons of admirable people for many different reasons. I think those that come from nothing to greatness like Ben Carson are objectively admirable though I don't really get any special long lasting feeling for him in particular. That's pretty much how I feel about most people. Though I am a big fan of Thomas Sowell.
    Agree about Ben Carson, tbh... he's a excellent example of how great social programs like food stamps, public education, and college scholarships have elevated individuals that knew how to favorably take advantage of them.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree about Ben Carson, tbh... he's a excellent example of how great social programs like food stamps, public education, and college scholarships have elevated individuals that knew how to favorably take advantage of them.
    Sounds like nobody has anything to complain about if they are unable to succeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like nobody has anything to complain about if they are unable to succeed.
    That would be a valid statement if he wouldn't be an outlier. Unfortunately statistics don't support that contention.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not quite sure about that argument. Ben Carson was born in 1951; the great society program was at least 1965...pretty sure he didn't grow up in a modern welfare state system...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not quite sure about that argument. Ben Carson was born in 1951; the great society program was at least 1965...pretty sure he didn't grow up in a modern welfare state system...
    My comment stems from what Ben Carson himself wrote in his books.

From Gifted hands: the Ben Carson story:
    During ninth grade one task brought more embarrassment to me than anything else. As I've said we received food stamps and couldn't have made it without them.

Also he mentions that, outside one year attending an Adventist parochial school in Boston, he attended the Detroit public school system. (Same book)

He was also accepted at Yale and offered a full scholarship covering tuition, room and board (Same book)

I'm happy he had those opportunities and took advantage of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are your top 5 Asian Americans?

I can name 5 black people I admire. Has nothing to do with being black. They aren't even famous, you won't even know them.
    Sometimes it’s just best to not speak unless spoken to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nathan, I don’t blame you for the system but you are another pawn perpetuating willful ignorance. Healthcare, let’s start with Dr. Charles Drew...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nathan, can you imagine being black in the days of slavery & Jim Crow? Checkout Garrett Morgan, he invented something you see everyday probably. No welfare for him...... This is all U.S history and you should know it. I’ll help you my friend, you’re not racist, just ignorant.��

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=ElNono;10171435]My comment stems from what Ben Carson himself wrote in his books.

From Gifted hands: the Ben Carson story:
    [I]During ninth grade one task brought more embarrassment to me than anything else. As I've said we received

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry Nono; I selected you instead of pad by mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nathan, can you imagine being black in the days of slavery & Jim Crow? Checkout Garrett Morgan, he invented something you see everyday probably. No welfare for him...... This is all U.S history and you should know it. I’ll help you my friend, you’re not racist, just ignorant.��
    Check out his posts in the political forum. You might just change your mind on that.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a valid statement if he wouldn't be an outlier. Unfortunately statistics don't support that contention.
    Seems a bit foolish to recognize him as an outlier after using him to boast about the greatness of public offerings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes it’s just best to not speak unless spoken to.
    You're on a public forum. You're speaking to everyone. I know it's a shock. Get your together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems a bit foolish to recognize him as an outlier after using him to boast about the greatness of public offerings.
    There's nothing foolish about it. It's undeniable, as Ben Carson himself said, that those programs helped him make it, and he wouldn't have otherwise.

Ben Carson was also fortunate, as not every low-income kid is afforded the opportunities he had (ie: full ride in Yale).

Since you're interested in the topic, you might want to read up:

https://www.wnpr.org/post/georgetown...future-success

Thread Information