Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a shame Greg Abbott isn't up for reelection this year because there's a good chance he would lose. This latest shutdown has most conservatives I know cursing his name like he's a Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we’ll see the death numbers go up in TX/FL/AZ over the next 2-3 weeks.
    you win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this was a month or a couple of weeks before the election, then you would have to seriously considered Biden a threat to win here.

But my guess is that people are not on election mode in Texas yet. Once it's a month away I'm sure they'll be scared enough to vote red to keep uber far leftie and sociliast Biden from winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a shame Greg Abbott isn't up for reelection this year because there's a good chance he would lose. This latest shutdown has most conservatives I know cursing his name like he's a Clinton.
    Well, this election will be difficult, because they will be unlikely to get enough polls open. Most pollworkers are elderly, and a lack of volunteers will hamper efforts to get out the vote.

Not sure if the LT governor is up this year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

#JoeMentum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#JoeMentum
    I can't believe I'm writing this but if the election were today, I think Biden would actually win Texas. But I think we're at an extremely low point even for Trump and his numbers will improve here by election night.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this was a month or a couple of weeks before the election, then you would have to seriously considered Biden a threat to win here.

But my guess is that people are not on election mode in Texas yet. Once it's a month away I'm sure they'll be scared enough to vote red to keep uber far leftie and sociliast Biden from winning.
    Worried that her poll numbers will keep going up?

Says a lot that she's taken like 2 weeks off and she still up 8 to 10 points up in the polls. That's just hillarious

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    **BUMP**

Read it and weep farmers

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    **BUMP**

Read it and weep farmers
    Sorry Ernesto, I'd like to see it but Texas is one of the states that hasn't expanded mail-in voting this year. That alone is going to suppress enough votes to stop Biden from winning.

They should run Beto for governor in 2022 and then push hard to flip the state in 2024.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sorry Ernesto, I'd like to see it but Texas is one of the states that hasn't expanded mail-in voting this year. That alone is going to suppress enough votes to stop Biden from winning.

They should run Beto for governor in 2022 and then push hard to flip the state in 2024.

Well, thanks to the Kang, Spurs, Mavs, and Rockets will use their arenas to as a certified polling station. These are 3 of Texas' biggest cities. So that should help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You really think Beto is the one? He pretty well got exposed as an idiot in that pathetic presidential run. "I'm going to take your guns" wont play very well in Texas.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really think Beto is the one? He pretty well got exposed as an idiot in that pathetic presidential run. "I'm going to take your guns" wont play very well in Texas.
    why are you so pathetically insecure and dishonest?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He's far from perfect but who else do the Dems have to run in 2022? I'd say Julian Castro but he's too liberal on energy issues for Texas, IMO Beto can more easily pivot back to the middle on guns than Castro can on energy/green new deal.

If it were up to me, the Dems would find a candidate that's further to the right on social issues (namely abortion) to run in Texas, but they're not as pragmatic as Republicans are in that respect (I say that because Republicans have gubernatorial control of 3 states in New England simply by running a fiscally conservative candidate who's also pro-choice, and all 3 of said governors have insanely high approval rates).
    Last edited by Will Hunting; 09-01-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of agree Beto blew his chances at a run in Texas. He tried to go too edgy on guns and that's going to be a non-starter in Texas.

It would probably have to be Julian Castro or some wild celeb type candidate like Matthew McConnoghey to have any shot, but I'm not convinced Democrats even care about the Governor spot judging by their pathetic campaigning efforts the past few cycles.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Kind of agree Beto blew his chances at a run in Texas. He tried to go too edgy on guns and that's going to be a non-starter in Texas.

It would probably have to be Julian Castro or some wild celeb type candidate like Matthew McConnoghey to have any shot, but I'm not convinced Democrats even care about the Governor spot judging by their pathetic campaigning efforts the past few cycles.
    Hopefully that would change if they think Abbott is vulnerable but who knows. I'd like to think the Dems have gotten more grass roots and learned their lesson after ignoring gubernatorial & state legislature elections while Obama was in the white house, but I could easily see them sliding back into the mode of getting demolished in midterm elections if Biden wins.

Arizona is another state where the Dems should make a full court press in 2022. The governor has a 30% approval rating in terms of handling COVID-19, and the only reason it isn't bluer is poor hispanic turnout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "exposed as an idiot" in the right wing echo chamber world you live in, CosmicChicken .

The alternative is a thoroughly corrupt Trump party regime that includes an attorney general fighting felony charges.

You people are so blind to the stink and incompetence. smh.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beto really did himself, it will take him awhile to claw back but he can at least say I was really mad 22 people got clapped by a ing racist an overreacted

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Americans are tired of this fat re in office tbh, no matter what his loud screaming minority spews online

voters are turning out in record numbers and it aint because they want to keep Biden out of the white house republicans know trump is going down, but as long as they get their SCOTUS nominee pushed through thats all that matters

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas
    Texas
    Did you cross the border and vote yet Alfonso?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did you cross the border and vote yet Alfonso?

I voted by mail already. Louis DeJoy probably shredded it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I voted by mail already. Louis DeJoy probably shredded it though.
    Did you paint a mexican flag on the envelope? no seas pendejo.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information