Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not to mention if Biden is even compe ive in Texas the election is over and Biden has almost certainly landslided Trump in the electoral college.
    There’s also no way a run of the mill establishment Republican like Cornyn loses his senate seat.

The Democrats need to start trying to even out the number of low population senate seats each party has. Take 1/2 of the money that was spent on the Cruz/Beto senate race and you can own a state like Montana instead.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    IDK, most Republicans I know love Cruz. Cornyn's the one they don't like.
    Moderate Republicans like Cornyn more though. Even if Trump somehow lost Texas, I think there would be a lot of moderate Republicans voting Biden/Cornyn.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moderate Republicans like Cornyn more though. Even if Trump somehow lost Texas, I think there would be a lot of moderate Republicans voting Biden/Cornyn.
    I think that would be more of a function of the Democrats not having anyone worth a running against Cornyn this time around. Why would you think Republican voters would prefer a moderate to a hardliner after seeing how far right the GOP has gone ever since Gingrich?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not there yet.

There were a couple of polls that said the same thing about Hillary and she lost it...by 9 points. Biden will lose it by probably 5-6.

But we have made real ground in Arizona so there's that.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    We're not there yet.

There were a couple of polls that said the same thing about Hillary and she lost it...by 9 points. Biden will lose it by probably 5-6.

But we have made real ground in Arizona so there's that.
    Exactly. Just since 2004 New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada and Virginia have all gone from red/light red to blue/light blue, focus on making sure Arizona/North Carolina go the same way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posts George Takei - calls someone else a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Takei wouldn't like you saying that.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even Florida or Ohio imo, in any scenario where Biden wins either state he handily wins the presidency and neither state has a senate race in 2020. Focus on not losing house seats in Florida, Texas and Ohio but you’ll get more bang for your buck trying to flip senate seats in smaller states like Montana and Iowa.
    Arizona and Maine tbh. Big senate seats there.

Dems would be wise to focus on AZ, MI, PA, WI, nothing else. If the Dems can win 3 of those 4, Trump is out, even if he wins FL and OH. Because Trump isn't winning back VA or NV for the GOP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s also no way a run of the mill establishment Republican like Cornyn loses his senate seat.

The Democrats need to start trying to even out the number of low population senate seats each party has. Take 1/2 of the money that was spent on the Cruz/Beto senate race and you can own a state like Montana instead.
    Well at least you have a brain. You're the only left leaning one on here who does, I think

I don't think Montana votes in 2 democrats. They've had the Tester + 1 GOP senator purple dynamism for a long time and they like it there. Iowa doesn't even have a Dem challenger yet and the GOP in bent is too strong there.

Arizona is the key... Arizona, Arizona, Arizona... Biden should be giving Mark Kelly blowjobs on a daily basis, because 11 novel electoral votes is very juicy. Colorado is a gain, and Alabama is a loss, this much we know. The gut feeling is that Thom Tillis (and Trump) hang on in NC. It's going to come down to AZ and Maine. Of course, the Dems can't afford to royally screw up in, say, Michigan.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Posts George Takei - calls someone else a
    Wait, wut? (in my Be Best David Dennison voice) I don't even know who George Takei is. I never met him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    George Takei wouldn't like you saying that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah when the Democrats were the party of Dixie. Now that the GOP is Dixie's party they have the state on lockdown.
    All across the Confederacy, the racist Dems were Dem just to oppose Lincoln-emancipator/Civil-War-Winning Repugs

Then Nixon/Ailes/A er/Stone created The Southern Strategy after the social (ie, black) progress of the '60s and '50s to conscript racist Dems to become racist Repugs. Racism being more defining than party.

And here we are, 50 years later, the Repug entire party is based hate, paranoia, anger, on racism complimented with xenophobia, misogyny, and Biblical-hate of LGBT, which Christ was famous for LGBT hate, right?

Everybody knows Christ's appeal was Old Testament vengeance, hate and exclusion, not New Testament other-cheek love and inclusion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know anyone who actually likes Cornyn. Just can't get rid of him. Anytime there is a hint of a serious primary challenge he puts on the cowboy hat and pretends he just a regular ole boy caring about the workin man. He's really good at it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know anyone who actually likes Cornyn. Just can't get rid of him. Anytime there is a hint of a serious primary challenge he puts on the cowboy hat and pretends he just a regular ole boy caring about the workin man. He's really good at it.
    I wanted to vomit watching his Change commercials in the 2008 election.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    So both Texas senators are pretty universally disliked in Texas, yet they’re comfortably entrenched in their Senate seats.

And people think Texas has a chance at going blue?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas was Blue before. IJS
    that's cause the racist good ole boys jumped ship from democrat to republican thanks to the southern strategy. I don't think the dems can bank on that happening for them

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately there's no Beto this year. I don't see MJ Hegar or Royce West getting near the grassroots support or buzz.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He gave a townhall at the company I used to work for years ago (2013 iirc) and I’ve never seen a more a shameless corporate pros ute in my life

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately there's no Beto this year. I don't see MJ Hegar or Royce West getting near the grassroots support or buzz.
    even if there was, no way you'd get a dem senator to win on a presidential ticket

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    You could bring Sam Houston back from the dead and run him against Ted Cruz, and Cruz would win by 100,000 votes because of the magic R next to his name.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Well at least you have a brain. You're the only left leaning one on here who does, I think

I don't think Montana votes in 2 democrats. They've had the Tester + 1 GOP senator purple dynamism for a long time and they like it there. Iowa doesn't even have a Dem challenger yet and the GOP in bent is too strong there.

Arizona is the key... Arizona, Arizona, Arizona... Biden should be giving Mark Kelly blowjobs on a daily basis, because 11 novel electoral votes is very juicy. Colorado is a gain, and Alabama is a loss, this much we know. The gut feeling is that Thom Tillis (and Trump) hang on in NC. It's going to come down to AZ and Maine. Of course, the Dems can't afford to royally screw up in, say, Michigan.
    Normally you might be right about Montana not having two Democratic Senators, but people voting against an extremely popular is governor like Bullock just because “they don’t want another god damn Dem!” weren’t voting Democrat either way. Montana different than the other red northwestern states (Wyoming & Idaho). It’s more educated and his a lot of California transplants. Obama was only 10,000 votes from winning it in 2008. It’s not like West Virginia where you have a well-liked Democratic Senator in an otherwise ruby red state.

Not sure what you mean by Iowa doesn’t have a challenger yet. Greenfield won the primary and was up 2 points on Ernst in the last poll that was done. Ernst used to be popular but isn’t anymore, she has the 3rd lowest approval rating of any senator in the country. It’s too bad the Dems couldn’t find a candidate with more name recognition to run against her but she’s definitely vulnerable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally you might be right about Montana not having two Democratic Senators, but people voting against an extremely popular is governor like Bullock just because “they don’t want another god damn Dem!” weren’t voting Democrat either way. Montana different than the other red northwestern states (Wyoming & Idaho). It’s more educated and his a lot of California transplants. Obama was only 10,000 votes from winning it in 2008. It’s not like West Virginia where you have a well-liked Democratic Senator in an otherwise ruby red state.

Not sure what you mean by Iowa doesn’t have a challenger yet. Greenfield won the primary and was up 2 points on Ernst in the last poll that was done. Ernst used to be popular but isn’t anymore, she has the 3rd lowest approval rating of any senator in the country. It’s too bad the Dems couldn’t find a candidate with more name recognition to run against her but she’s definitely vulnerable.
    Those states in that region like (Iowa) haven't been kind to Dems in the past decade or so, particularly in the senate. Ernst and Tillis will hold.

Colorado +
    Alabama -

Arizona likely +

...What else? Maine is a coin toss.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Those states in that region like (Iowa) haven't been kind to Dems in the past decade or so, particularly in the senate. Ernst and Tillis will hold.

Colorado +
    Alabama -

Arizona likely +

...What else? Maine is a coin toss.
    Obama won Iowa twice, and Ernst’s seat was held by a Democrat for decades prior to the 2014 red waive (when even Colorado Dems couldn’t win a senate race). Democrats won the generic ballot across the house races in Iowa by 4 points in 2018 and picked up two seats, if the same thing happens in 2020 Ernst loses.

Maine being a coin toss. Gideon is up 8-9 points on Collins in all of the polls.

Thread Information