Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the Bush admin, black-and-white relations were as positive as they ever had been.
    Ah yes, the racial Utopia of the post-Katrina USA. I remember it well.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This simply isn't true.

Try again.
    So you're advocating for social distancing starting when, in January? In that case, we would have had mass economic deflation like this in times when it wasn't warranted, such as 2003 SARS (which had already infiltrated Canada quite a bit), 2006 H5N1 bird flu (55% mortality rate and spread by migratory birds, which was a scary thought), 2009 swine flu (debatable, but the mortality rate was lowish), 2014 Ebola (>70% mortality rate without high-tech experimental treatment), even the 2017 seasonal flu that was unusually hard, etc. You can't just shut down the economy over something that "might potentially" happen or protect the entire country because they "might" get sick.

In that case... where's the federal ban on fast food and processed junk food? Because there's a good chance you'll get sick eventually (cancer, heart disease) if you eat a bunch of that stuff in the long run.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He followed the pandemic playbook. The p(l)andemic wasn't official until March 11th. In January it was considered a novel Chinese virus, centralized in Wuhan and sporadically spread across China, with isolated cases elsewhere in the world. In February it had spread rampantly to Iran and then Italy, South Korea and a few other places, but wasn't largely considered a major US threat until early March.

The state of Washington considered it a major threat in January, only to be told over and over again by the Trump administration that they were overreacting. With 110k dead right now it's pretty easy to see which side was right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah yes, the racial Utopia of the post-Katrina USA. I remember it well.
    blaming GWB for Katrina when the peabrain idiot for a mayor and local/state government refused to evacuate their people. Morons.

I'll admit, if Katrina had happened one year earlier, we could very well have had President Scary Kerry, but only due to cir stance, not GWB's fault.

As for race relations, GWB carried a solid 43% of the US Latino vote in 2004, which propelled him to comfortable victories in all the Southwestern states except California. Unfortunately that was before the Dems concocted the immigration hacienda agenda.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Obama gave the Black community a voice and outlet

Turns out they want revenge not equality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The state of Washington considered it a major threat in January, only to be told over and over again by the Trump administration that they were overreacting. With 110k dead right now it's pretty easy to see which side was right.
    Where was the social distancing in Fall 2014 when Ebola hit Texas and was discovered on the subway systems in NYC? Bueller?

Where was Obama's pandemic plan in Spring 2009 for the H1N1 swine flu? Sure, the fatality rate was lower, but the infection rate was higher, and the deaths seemed to be pretty agnostic of age. Pregnant women (say, 18-40) in general had a high mortality risk from this particular virus.

Where was the shutdown in Spring 2003 when SARS ransacked Toronto? Nah... the Spurs simply went there during the peak of the Toronto epidemic (early April) and crushed the lowly Raptors by a beautiful score of 124-98. Staying in Toronto hotels and all. Where was the shutdown then? Why did the Spurs have the opportunity to play that game? Why wasn't that season cancelled? Why does David Robinson have two rings instead of one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where was the social distancing in Fall 2014 when Ebola hit Texas and was discovered on the subway systems in NYC? Bueller?

Where was Obama's pandemic plan in Spring 2009 for the H1N1 swine flu? Sure, the fatality rate was lower, but the infection rate was higher, and the deaths seemed to be pretty agnostic of age. Pregnant women (say, 18-40) in general had a high mortality risk from this particular virus.

Where was the shutdown in Spring 2003 when SARS ransacked Toronto? Nah... the Spurs simply went there and crushed the lowly Raptors by a beautiful score of 124-98. Staying in Toronto hotels and all. Where was the shutdown then? Why did the Spurs have the opportunity to play that game? Why wasn't that season cancelled? Why does David Robinson have two rings instead of one?
    They weren't talking about social distancing. They just wanted testing. Testing and contact tracing may have spared us the deaths and the shutdowns like they have South Korea and Taiwan.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're advocating for social distancing starting when, in January? In that case, we would have had mass economic deflation like this in times when it wasn't warranted, such as 2003 SARS (which had already infiltrated Canada quite a bit), 2006 H5N1 bird flu (55% mortality rate and spread by migratory birds, which was a scary thought), 2009 swine flu (debatable, but the mortality rate was lowish), 2014 Ebola (>70% mortality rate without high-tech experimental treatment), even the 2017 seasonal flu that was unusually hard, etc. You can't just shut down the economy over something that "might potentially" happen or protect the entire country because they "might" get sick.

In that case... where's the federal ban on fast food and processed junk food? Because there's a good chance you'll get sick eventually (cancer, heart disease) if you eat a bunch of that stuff in the long run.
    You think the pandemic playbook was just about social distancing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where was the shutdown in Spring 2003 when SARS ransacked Toronto? Nah... the Spurs simply went there during the peak of the Toronto epidemic (early April) and crushed the lowly Raptors by a beautiful score of 124-98. Staying in Toronto hotels and all. Where was the shutdown then? Why did the Spurs have the opportunity to play that game? Why wasn't that season cancelled? Why does David Robinson have two rings instead of one?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Obama gave the Black community a voice and outlet

Turns out they want revenge not equality
    Precisely, they ain't no better than the worst of us.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You think the pandemic playbook was just about social distancing?

Mostly, until Floyd bit the bogger, yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly, until Floyd bit the bogger, yes.
    It's June and you guys have no idea what the pandemic playbook is.

No wonder you're Trump supporters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember being 9 years old and crying because I was mad, mad worried about the Spurs playing that game because I was fearful that they were going to bring SARS (a coronavirus, by the way) back home from Toronto to San Antonio. Fortunately, didn't happen. Also (IIRC) they went to Detroit before coming back home. But still awfully scary for a 9 year old. Especially after KSAT announced at that time that the CDC was bringing SARS samples into labs in Austin.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He followed the pandemic playbook. The p(l)andemic wasn't official until March 11th. In January it was considered a novel Chinese virus, centralized in Wuhan and sporadically spread across China, with isolated cases elsewhere in the world. In February it had spread rampantly to Iran and then Italy, South Korea and a few other places, but wasn't largely considered a major US threat until early March.
    Bingo!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly is plandemic?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's June and you guys have no idea what the pandemic playbook is.

No wonder you're Trump supporters.
    Nobody does. There is no playbook beyond waiting for someone, somewhere to come up with a "cure."

The biggest break yet? Floyd getting ended. Now we know it's A-OK to eschew social distancing and wearing a mask is by choice. Christ, when we protested in Michigan it was all different.

Just shows ta go ya.

& a good portion of us (not me, I bit big time) knew it was all horse , but, with CNN/MSNBC hammering us day & night doubt crept in.

It's okay now though. tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can even post old emails from my Indian IT consulting companies from January and February stating that travel within the US was currently safe, but travel requests to *certain countries* (especially China, South Korea, and later Italy) was no longer allowed by the Company without executive approval. It wasn't until, roughly March 11th-12th, where companies doing business within the US decided to take firm action and implement an indefinite work-from-home policy and disallow domestic travel requests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly is plandemic?
    Simple. A pandemic planned by one party to sabotage another, for example the Chinese (Communist Party) to sabotage the greater capitalist world and the USA in particular.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody does. There is no playbook
    There is. I guess news of it never reached your bunker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blaming GWB for Katrina when the peabrain idiot for a mayor and local/state government refused to evacuate their people. Morons.

I'll admit, if Katrina had happened one year earlier, we could very well have had President Scary Kerry, but only due to cir stance, not GWB's fault.
    I didn't blame GWB for Katrina.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simple. A pandemic planned by one party to sabotage another, for example the Chinese (Communist Party) to sabotage the greater capitalist world and the USA in particular.
    At some point, every Trump disciple has to buy into a conspiracy theory to justify his faith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't blame GWB for Katrina.
    The implication was there. And many, many on the left did. Oil prices tripled practically overnight, and, admittedly, Bush could have done something to stop that. But not flying AF1 over NOLA/MS was the right decision by Bush. It would have been a spit in the face of those damaged and affected. The real problem was the local and state governments in those areas, especially within NOLA metro. And, of course, the fact that half of NOLA is, you know, below sea level and sitting nestled between a major body of water, a large lake and the largest river in North America, with levee systems dating back to the 1960s.

Major hurricanes Charley and Ivan (+ Cat 2s Frances and Jeanne) in 2004 hit predominately white areas, all in Florida. Yet, Florida voted for GWB fairly comfortably. Hmm, wonder why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At some point, every Trump disciple has to buy into a conspiracy theory to justify his faith.
    I'm not a Trump discliple, but he's definitely better than the alternative.

Biden winning this year and the GOP holding the Senate (and taking back the House) in 2022 and taking back the WH and winning a treasure trove of Senate seats in 2024 wouldn't be a terrible consolation prize if Trump loses, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Floyd’s Criminal Past

• George Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 after being released from prison in Houston, Texas following an arrest for aggravated robbery
    • On May 25, 2020, Floyd was arrested for passing a counterfeit $20 bill at a grocery store in Minneapolis
    • He was under the influence of fentanyl and methamphetamine at the time of arrest
    • Floyd has more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest and went to jail for at least 5 times
    • George Floyd was the ringleader of a violent home invasion
    • He plead guilty to entering a woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money, according to court records
    • Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in state jail for possession of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest
    • He had previously been sentenced to eight months for the same offense, stemming from an October 2002 arrest
    • Floyd was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail
    • He had another stint for a theft in August 1998

---------

Floyd along with another suspect posed as a worker for the local water department wearing a blue uniform in order to enter a woman’s house. When the woman retaliated a Ford Explorer pulled up to the home and five other males exited the car and went up to the front door.The final straw for Floyd came after serving five years in prison in 2009 for aggravated assault stemming from a robbery where he entered a woman’s home, pressed a gun into her stomach and searched the home for drugs and money, according to court records (pictured)The report states the largest of the group, who the victim later identified as Floyd, ‘forced his way inside the residence, placed a pistol against the complainant’s abdomen, and forced her into the living room area of the residence.
    ‘This large suspect then proceeded to search the residence while another armed suspect guarded the complainant, who was struck in the head and sides by this second armed suspect with his pistol while she screamed for help.’
    Not finding any drugs or money at the house, the men took jewelry and the woman’s cell phone and fled in their car. A neighbor who witnessed the robbery took down the car’s license plate number.
    Later, police tracked down the car and found Floyd behind the wheel. He was later identified by the woman as the large suspect who placed a gun against her stomach and forced her into her living room, the do ent states.]]]

Ok Boomer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The implication was there. And many, many on the left did. Oil prices tripled practically overnight, and, admittedly, Bush could have done something to stop that. But not flying AF1 over NOLA/MS was the right decision by Bush. It would have been a spit in the face of those damaged and affected. The real problem was the local and state governments in those areas, especially within NOLA metro. And, of course, the fact that half of NOLA is, you know, below sea level and sitting nestled between a major body of water, a large lake and the largest river in North America, with levee systems dating back to the 1960s.

Major hurricanes Charley and Ivan (+ Cat 2s Frances and Jeanne) in 2004 hit predominately white areas, all in Florida. Yet, Florida voted for GWB fairly comfortably. Hmm, wonder why?
    No, the implication was Republicans fueled racial tensions in the aftermath of Katrina. Whether you hold George W Bush himself responsible for that (I don't) it's revisionist history to suggest race relations were in a good place.

Thread Information