Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crosses Brown then flushes over Tatum. Gorgeous.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun fact: Barkley averaged more points, rebounds and assists than TD. Kinda unbelievable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the sop re stands compared to Barkley, at the same age:

Player Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    Barkley 1984-85 21 PHI NBA PF 82 60 28.6 5.2 9.5 0.545 0 0.1 0.167 5.2 9.5 0.548 0.546 3.6 4.9 0.733 3.2 5.3 8.6 1.9 1.2 1 2.5 3.7 14
    Keldon 2020-21 21 SAS NBA SF 18 18 31.2 5.3 11.2 0.475 1 2.9 0.34 4.3 8.3 0.523 0.52 2.7 3.5 0.778 1.7 5.7 7.4 2.2 0.9 0.6 1.5 2.9 14.4

Keep in mind, different eras.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You saw that fear in Tatum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook motor, Barkley hustle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon Johnson is starting to remind me of Barkley tbh. I think y'all nailed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His fast jump on a second jump is outstanding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Future All-Star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon Johnson is starting to remind me of Barkley tbh. I think y'all nailed it.
    I think Barkley was shorter, had longer arms and was a more explosive athlete (even out of shape at times). Keldon doesn't remind me of anyone cause the game lacks a lot of 6'6" SF/PF's with a high motor, solid defense, who relentlessly attacks the paint.

He's an anomaly and we'll just have to see where his ceiling is.

I want to see if he can improve his shot creation and playmaking further. Those are the things that Nephew really developed to become a superstar. Can Johnson (or any of the other youngsters) find that level of untapped ability in their arsenal to become truly special?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Barkley was shorter, had longer arms and was a more explosive athlete (even out of shape at times). Keldon doesn't remind me of anyone cause the game lacks a lot of 6'6" SF/PF's with a high motor, solid defense, who relentlessly attacks the paint.

He's an anomaly and we'll just have to see where his ceiling is.

I want to see if he can improve his shot creation and playmaking further. Those are the things that Nephew really developed to become a superstar. Can Johnson (or any of the other youngsters) find that level of untapped ability in their arsenal to become truly special?
    Charles wingspan, from what I've seen reported, is 6'10". Same as Keldon.

Also, is Charles the Flash? Don't know how much more explosive one can be than what Keldon has displayed so far, for a guy that size.

Murray is starting to show overnight shades of s om.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun fact: Barkley averaged more points, rebounds and assists than TD. Kinda unbelievable.
    The '90s were built for iso play with the ridiculous 24-second rule. Timmy played during the most serious defensive era in league history, where stats weren't gonzo. This is a reason why all the triple doubles guards are getting nowadays aren't that impressive to me -- the game is favored to get guards rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Future All-Star
    As much as we all hate Nephew, we got chill with putting sky high expectations on this kid. Leonard had physical tools that Keldon can't match and a rare ability to retain information to improve his skillset rapidly (at a young but still "advanced" age).

The development plan for Keldon maybe entirely different and we'll have to see how Pop & his staff decide to improve his skillset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not when you consider most of TD’s teams during his prime played nearly the slowest and lowest scoring basketball in NBA history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He may be watching the ball on his shot rather than focusing on the target.
    Got to look at the hoop when you let if fly
    I always try and look at the rim when shooting, but still know where it is even if I can't see it, however, I am pretty sure I read years ago that Steve Kerr said he looks at the ball and follows the ball when shooting. If so, I guess I can't argue with that as he's one of the best 3-point shooters in NBA history.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Irrelevant considering he never played any defense while TD is one of the GOAT anchors. There's a reason he bounced around multiple teams and never won a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as we all hate Nephew, we got chill with putting sky high expectations on this kid. Leonard had physical tools that Keldon can't match and a rare ability to retain information to improve his skillset rapidly (at a young but still "advanced" age).

The development plan for Keldon maybe entirely different and we'll have to see how Pop & his staff decide to improve his skillset.
    Stats don't lie. His trajectory is starting to show something special.

Yes, Kawhi's a completely different player because of his freak length. 2nd year Keldon blows Kawhi's offensive skills out of the water. Fact.

Kawhi and his robotic way of learning skills can go himself.

Hopefully KJ continues learning post moves from DeMar. I've seen a couple moves already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charles wingspan, from what I've seen reported, is 6'10". Same as Keldon.

Also, is Charles the Flash? Don't know how much more explosive one can be than what Keldon has displayed so far, for a guy that size.

Murray is starting to show overnight shades of s om.
    They're isn't any official listing of Barkley's wingspan, but it is rumored he had a 6'10" wingspan, you have to remember that he was only 6'4 maybe 6'5" with shoes.

You need to go back and watch Barkley tape if you really think him & Keldon are similar athletes. I love Keldon and his game, but Barkley was a special athlete being that he was only 6'4", often out of shape (can't say the same about Keldon) and had to finish through guys like Olajuwon, Robinson, Ewing, Mourning, O'Neal and Mutombo.

Keldon is an inch or two taller and has a reported 6'9" wingspan (measured at the NBA pre-draft combine), so they aren't completely built the same.

I just want the kid to continue to work on his craft & be the best Keldon Johnson he can be.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody projected Kawhi to become a superstar during his 2nd season. On Spurstalk or anywhere else. It's ridiculous to throw that expectation at Keldon when we never did it with Kawhi back then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're isn't any official listing of Barkley's wingspan, but it is rumored he had a 6'10" wingspan, you have to remember that he was only 6'4 maybe 6'5" with shoes.

Keldon is an inch or two taller and has a reported 6'9" wingspan (measured at the NBA pre-draft combine), so they aren't completely built the same.

I just want the kid to continue to work on his craft & be the best Keldon Johnson he can be.
    Yeah, I mean, my intent is not to impose a 1 to 1 comparison to Barkley. But there's shades of it there. Especially with the whole guard body but playing like a big going on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got some Bonzi Wells going on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I mean, my intent is not to impose a 1 to 1 comparison to Barkley. But there's shades of it there. Especially with the whole guard body but playing like a big going on.
    Right, I get that. I saw a lot of P.J. Tucker in Keldon (a guy also of similar size to Keldon & Barkley) during the bubble and I clearly think he has more upside.

I'd take the best of both world or some of both guys, but I really want to see if Keldon can play full-time SF or be a primary ballhandler/playmaker.

And can he get his shot creation up to a level that stars (DeMar DeRozan) and superstars like Nephew have?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got some Bonzi Wells going on
    Another guy that is solid comp and was definitely a Spur killer in his prime.

Thread Information