Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see your point, and still disagree. Time will tell...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he turns into something.

Right now all you can say is he is hopeful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may be wrong, but didn't we hear similar things about Nephew during his first couple of seasons in the league about how he was a good player but would never be an elite player...again I may be wrong but I do remember hearing some sports talk radio people downplaying his eventual potential...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may be wrong, but didn't we hear similar things about Nephew during his first couple of seasons in the league about how he was a good player but would never be an elite player...again I may be wrong but I do remember hearing some sports talk radio people downplaying his eventual potential...
    No, TD 21 will tell you he was in consideration for the 1st pick.

Yes, everyone was saying Kawhi wasnt athletic or flashy enough to be a star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently, its so far fetched to think that Keldon shares some of Harden's game such as his driving ability. Someone who has watched zero Austin Spur games has the audacity to make comments about a player and downplay their skillset and scoff when someone make valid points about their style of play.

Keldon displays an unrefined version of Harden's driving ability and he clearly showed that he was developing towards the end of the Austin Spur season that he was even learning the Euro step.

If you dont see the similarities, you either are in denial or you just suck at making observations about basketball players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you're right. What was I thinking? Random mid-late 1sts become top 5 players in the league all the time . . . all they have to do is put on a Spurs jersey and voila, magic happens!

Apparently, its so far fetched to think that Keldon shares some of Harden's game such as his driving ability. Someone who has watched zero Austin Spur games has the audacity to make comments about a player and downplay their skillset and scoff when someone make valid points about their style of play.

Keldon displays an unrefined version of Harden's driving ability and he clearly showed that he was developing towards the end of the Austin Spur season that he was even learning the Euro step.

If you dont see the similarities, you either are in denial or you just suck at making observations about basketball players.
    You'd know what I've watched and at the meltdown because I said a 29th pick who hasn't yet proven a thing isn't similar to perennial top 5ish player in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you're right. What was I thinking? Random mid-late 1sts become top 5 players in the league all the time . . . all they have to do is put on a Spurs jersey and voila, magic happens!

You'd know what I've watched and at the meltdown because I said a 29th pick who hasn't yet proven a thing isn't similar to perennial top 5ish player in the league.
    What meltdown? You keep posting but it's all fluff. Do you see yet why I like to bust your balls? You offer no substance aside some eloquent words here and there, and worse yet you just resort to these defensive tactics with no proof to back up any of your claims. You're so surface level that all you have to stand by are where a player was drafted or projected to. I don't know why I said I bust your balls when you clearly dont have any since you make zero bold, interesting takes and only offer boring "sky is falling" pussy takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently if youre drafted late in the first or drafted in the second round, be sure not to draw any comparisons for those players since where theyre chosen from for sure means there CANT be any similarities with top players in the league. Basically just give up, because theres no hope for those players. You'll just get laughed at by Mr Sky is Falling pussy ass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The meltdown continues, replete with a lack of basic reading comprehension . . . news flash genius, the sky has already fallen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fans who believed Pascal Siakam would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

the fans who believed Kyle Kuzma would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

the fans who believed Malcolm Brogdon would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

the fans who believed Montrezl Harrell would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

the fans who believed Rudy Gobert would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

the fans who believed Draymond Green would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

Because according to TD idiot, you absolutely cant.

For all your eloquence, it seems you fell short on logic. Work on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude has run out of things to pull out of his ass lmao. You've proven yourself a joke.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The meltdown continues, replete with a lack of basic reading comprehension . . . news flash genius, the sky has already fallen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expected deflection from someone who is lazy as to do any research. Why should anyone take you seriously?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Kawhi is a better defender than Bruce Bowen. I do think he is a great defender and that had more to do with wingspan and focus. He certainly had great steals. And he is certainly a better overall player than Bruce, which is obvious. But if I had to pick a player to hound a star into a poor shooting night, I'd pick Bowen. If I needed someone to get a big steal/turnover at the end of the game, I would probably pick Kawhi. But I don't think Kawhi hounded superstar players like Bruce.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expected deflection from someone who is lazy as to do any research. Why should anyone take you seriously?
    What deflection? You've spun my not agreeing with your absurd comparison into, I think he sucks and any player not picked at or near the top of the draft has no chance to be a superstar or star.

Research? We're here to talk basketball (well, some of us), not attempt to pass the bar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What deflection? You've spun my not agreeing with your absurd comparison into, I think he sucks and any player not picked at or near the top of the draft has no chance to be a superstar or star.

Research? We're here to talk basketball (well, some of us), not attempt to pass the bar.
    This dude continuing to be lazy. Just admit you have no substance and move on. Those emojis make you look more of an idiot, no need to use them, dude. We already know you are.

Lmao at taking my comment about research and spinning it into a hyperbole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon has been amazing the past few scrimmages. The numbers might not jump off the page, but he's showing unexpected improvements in facets of the game where I wasn't really expecting him to grow yet - his driving force and motor are still there, as always, but he's been dipping his toes on playmaking and trying to expand his passing game, as seen in the video above, and even though he still isn't a great shooter from 3, he's absolutely trying and blasting off when he gets a chance - something the other young players, except for maybe Lonnie (and White's possessed version of himself from last game) should be taking notes on. We know the bricks are due now... But if you don't get those misses in-game, they're never gonna turn into makes, which is something that worries me about Dejounte. DJ's form looks much better, and his midrange has visibly improved, but he's still just as hesitant on taking outside shots as when he first got into the league. I thought he'd take the opportunity during these scrimmages to let it fly, but he literally hasn't even attempted a 3 in either game, as far as I saw.

Above talent, above skill, above natural gifts - the thing that separates great players from good ones, is the drive to get better, and the discipline to work on different areas until you master them. I think I see that in Keldon. Honestly, him and Lonnie might be the only two players on this current roster that could someday start on a championship-caliber team. I'm excited to see how both grow and feed off each other, they seem to be good friends off the court so I'm hoping for chemistry there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/s...227125248?s=19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Master Spurs fan Obi Juan Kenobi. I regert to report that both the Spurs franchise and their championship hopes have fallen, with the dark shadow of losing seasons rising to take their place. This message is a warning and a reminder for any surviving Spurs fans. Trust in the rebuild. Do not return to the Kawhi days, that time has passed, and our future is uncertain. We will each be challenged. Our trust. Our faith. Our friendship. But we must persevere and in time a new hope will emerge. May the force be with you. Always.

Here's hoping that KJ is our new hope!!!
    Last edited by Obi Juan Kenobi; 07-28-2020 at 01:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ on a podcast interview said Pop is a wizard and that he guards Lonnie in practice (and that they make each other better)

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ on a podcast interview said Pop is a wizard and that he guards Lonnie in practice (and that they make each other better)
    Thank you for reminding me to listen to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for reminding me to listen to this.
    There really wasnt much juicy info from the interview. It was mostly about his high school days. The interviewer had awful questions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't surprise me one bit to read things like this. The chemistry is obvious off and on the court, in today's scrimmage they were actively looking for each other when sharing the floor. Two young guards, with two-way potential, pushing each other to be better... I'm liking the pairing more and more as we see them play.

Hopefully next season we get rid of the dead weight and the two of them can start at SG-SF. That's a nightmare duo for opposing teams if they develop well.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There really wasnt much juicy info from the interview. It was mostly about his high school days. The interviewer had awful questions.
    Thank you for letting me know not to listen to this.

Thread Information