Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The '90s were built for iso play with the ridiculous 24-second rule. Timmy played during the most serious defensive era in league history, where stats weren't gonzo. This is a reason why all the triple doubles guards are getting nowadays aren't that impressive to me -- the game is favored to get guards rebounds.
    The whole "long shots = long rebounds" thing combined with teams taking so many threes makes this quite plausible. But I haven't actually seen the numbers: does anyone know where there is data about how rebounds are distributed by height/position and the average distance from the basket a rebound goes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, I get that. I saw a lot of P.J. Tucker in Keldon (a guy also of similar size to Keldon & Barkley) during the bubble and I clearly think he has more upside.

I'd take the best of both world or some of both guys, but I really want to see if Keldon can play full-time SF or be a primary ballhandler/playmaker.

And can he get his shot creation up to a level that stars (DeMar DeRozan) and superstars like Nephew have?
    I'm fine with Keldon not ever becoming a primary ball handler, especially when our future has capable ones already. Let our guards be guards and let Keldon develop into a go to player down the stretch, Paul Pierce style. He also excels at getting offensive rebounds, so why not let him do what he does best and let other players handle the ball. Not everyone has to be a point forward. I loved the balanced attack those Celtics had (with the KG-Allen-PP trio).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a passing thought but I wonder if KJ has any kind of post up game. It would be detrimental to the team and clog up but if he ever gets a guard defending him, I wonder if he can post them up and be successful in the post. Maybe that's his next evolution because that's what guys like Barkley and Bonzi Wells used to do (the post up). But at this point with the current roster and the way the game has changed, I hope he keeps improving his 3.

Anyway I was just watching a Bonzi Wells hightlight video as a refresher and KJ's comparison is so spot on. I remember Bonzi being such a ing pain in the ass especially in Sacramento with Ron Artest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with Keldon not ever becoming a primary ball handler, especially when our future has capable ones already. Let our guards be guards and let Keldon develop into a go to player down the stretch, Paul Pierce style. He also excels at getting offensive rebounds, so why not let him do what he does best and let other players handle the ball. Not everyone has to be a point forward. I loved the balanced attack those Celtics had (with the KG-Allen-PP trio).
    Mostly agree with this. I'd like to see him be able to pass off of his drives. It would allow the offense to flow through him when defenses get into a zone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bonzi is the closest thing i can think of offensively. the barkely comparisons are a bit absurd. charles was an even more imposing athlete and imo had a lot more skill than keldon shows.

but if you really wanted to make a HOFer comparison, he plays much more like worthy than barkley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cedric “Garbageman” Ceballos. No drawn plays but gets 20 a night just on put backs, and just knowing his ways around the rim. But also the rebounding and motor of no other than The Worm. Keldon just has a knack at getting the rebound, such quick 2nd jump. Rodman also defended bigger men, including Shaq, with his strong legs and back and quick hands. Yep combination of Garbageman and Worm for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ceballos isn't a bad one. just hopefully without the fake blindfold dunk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barkley VS TD fun facts advanced stats edition: Barkley has the higher career PER, BPM and ORTG and WS Per 48 minutes. Barkley also averaged almost twice as many steals as TD although Tim destroys him in blocks.

TD's career VORP is only 11 points higher than Chucks despite playing in 319 more games.

If Chuck had even one ring he would be right up there for PF goat. Really underrated player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ceballos isn't a bad one. just hopefully without the fake blindfold dunk
    Keldon = Garbageman and Worm molded into one.
    DJ = Gary Payton
    Vassell - Scottie Pippen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon = Garbageman and Worm molded into one.
    DJ = Gary Payton
    Vassell - Scottie Pippen
    way too early for vassell while he's averaging like 5 ppg and no playmaking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh already better than Kawhi rookie on steals/to ratio. And his high release, silky touch. Vassell is Scottie in the making, book it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh already better than Kawhi rookie on steals/to ratio. And his high release, silky touch. Vassell is Scottie in the making, book it!
    thats a random as ratio to monitor

never heard that one be mentioned before vassell. wonder what the next stat will be for a spurstalk pet... steals/48 to attempts blocked ratio?

i like Devin, but Pippen comp is ridiculous
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-01-2021 at 02:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats a random as ratio to monitor

never heard that one be mentioned before vassell
    I've seen forums with steals/turnovers as far back as 5 years ago.

CP3 has 6 seasons with more steals than turnovers. Almost equal amount on his career. 1641 steals and 1683 tov.
    Stockton is the career leader in steals and still has almost 1000 more turnovers than steals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen forums with steals/turnovers as far back as 5 years ago.

CP3 has 6 seasons with more steals than turnovers. Almost equal amount on his career. 1641 steals and 1683 tov.
    Stockton is the career leader in steals and still has almost 1000 more turnovers than steals.

mccollum is doing so this year too, and turnovers would scale with usage. vassell's usage is very low right now, so the low turnovers arent surprising at all. he's been awfully passive on offense, so the opportunity for turnovers ins't really there. same reason a guy like bertans has the lowest turnover% in the league this year (just catch and shoot, doesnt do anything to put the ball in play). vassell doesnt even have enough numbers to qualify on the turnover% list on bball reference

https://www.basketball-reference.com...stats::tov_pct

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen lmao no.

Devin is nowhere as near as physically imposing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen lmao no.

Devin is nowhere as near as physically imposing
    I don’t remember Pippen as physically imposing but smooth and silky touch. I’m not saying he didn’t slam it on Ewing, but he’s more of a finesse player than imposing.

I’m not saying Vassell is right now. But the kid has smooth high release, beautiful shot. And advanced defensive skills. Pippen. I’m en led to my opinion.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The development of Kawhi from a 3&D wing to a top five player really skewed how Spurs fans see future player development. Odds are Lonnie, Keldon and Murray end up closer to a Josh Howard level player than the numerous HOF'er listed thus far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen was/is 6'8'' in shoes, 225-230 lbs, with a 7'3'' wingspan.

Vassell is 6'7'' in shoes, 195 lbs, with a 6'10'' wingspan.

The best comp for Vassell is probably Mikal Bridges (less than an inch shorter, but 15 pounds heavier and 4 inches longer). He stayed an extra season in college and was 2 years older when drafted and in his third season has emerged as an elite 3 and D wing and cutter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen was/is 6'8'' in shoes, 225-230 lbs, with a 7'3'' wingspan.

Vassell is 6'7'' in shoes, 195 lbs, with a 6'10'' wingspan.

The best comp for Vassell is probably Mikal Bridges (less than an inch shorter, but 15 pounds heavier and 4 inches longer). He stayed an extra season in college and was 2 years older when drafted and in his third season has emerged as an elite 3 and D wing and cutter.
    You don’t think much of Devin, do you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t think much of Devin, do you?
    Not sure if serious, but either way I meant that as a compliment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how that was the only thing that you found worthy of correction lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how that was the only thing that you found worthy of correction lol
    most egregious to be sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, great at ude from Keldon. Better than what mine is right now in regard to the Spurs. He's legit.

Thread Information