Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 07-29-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before we get too excited about Keldon, do either of his parents have siblings?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bench MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    D. EubanksPF 18 6-8 0-0 0-0 3 2 5 1 1 0 1 1 +6 12
    R. GaySF 26 9-18 2-6 4-6 0 4 4 4 1 2 0 5 -2 24
    K. JohnsonSF
    26 7-10 2-2 4-4 1 5 6 2 1 0 0 2 +8 20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once he gets plays run for him, its not hard to imagine him as a 25 ppg player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Filling up the lineup of the future:

PG: White
    SG: Keldon
    SF:
    PF:
    C: Poeltl

We are just missing two dynamic two-way 6'9'' ish wings. If one of them is a star, then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Filling up the lineup of the future:

PG: White
    SG: Keldon
    SF:
    PF:
    C: Poeltl

We are just missing two dynamic two-way 6'9'' ish wings. If one of them is a star, then
    Im not sure Poetl belongs on there, my man. Unless he improves a ton upon from tonight.

Keldon starting at 3 is not a big deal if we find a PF who is mobile enough to guard 3s. Kawhi is basically the same height as Keldon. Our issue is when players like Michael Porter are towering over our guards for a rebound. Someone needs to match up with players like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not sure Poetl belongs on there, my man. Unless he improves a ton upon from tonight.

Keldon starting at 3 is not a big deal if we find a PF who is mobile enough to guard 3s. Kawhi is basically the same height as Keldon. Our issue is when players like Michael Porter are towering over our guards for a rebound. Someone needs to match up with players like him.
    Just gotta get our boy Luka some of that sweet ol' HGH and roids, he'll be towering all right in no time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The guy that was averaging a +/- of +30 per game just two games ago suddenly doesn't belong? Sorry but I don't buy it. The guy is basically holding the fort all by himself out there, surrounded by a bunch of undersized combo guards, and he's doing a pretty damn good job at it.

Poeltl is great at: mobility, setting screens, finishing and being a defensive anchor. He's pretty much the perfect center for today's NBA and people want to throw him under the bus after a couple bad performances. It just doesn't make sense.

The only real issue with Poeltl is the inability to stay out of foul trouble. But that's a pretty easy fix with a bit more experience and a proper defensive lineup along him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy that was averaging a +/- of +30 per game just two games ago suddenly doesn't belong? Sorry but I don't buy it. The guy is basically holding the fort all by himself out there, surrounded by a bunch of undersized combo guards, and he's doing a pretty damn good job at it.

Poeltl is great at: mobility, setting screens, finishing and being a defensive anchor. He's pretty much the perfect center for today's NBA and people want to throw him under the bus after a couple bad performances. It just doesn't make sense.

The only real issue with Poeltl is the inability to stay out of foul trouble. But that's a pretty easy fix with a bit more experience and a proper defensive lineup along him.
    I'll give you mobility and setting screens, but finishing? Sure, if he learns to be not so soft and try to lay everything in (usually gets denied). Defensive anchor.... His 1 on 1 defense leaves much to be desired. Sigh.... It's year 2 for Poetl as a Spur and I guess if we gave players like White some time to develop then Poetl deserves some time too. Right now, he's a pushover out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give you mobility and setting screens, but finishing? Sure, if he learns to be not so soft and try to lay everything in (usually gets denied). Defensive anchor.... His 1 on 1 defense leaves much to be desired. Sigh.... It's year 2 for Poetl as a Spur and I guess if we gave players like White some time to develop then Poetl deserves some time too. Right now, he's a pushover out there.
    The last two seasons, Poeltl made 70% of his shots within 5ft. That's elite, tbh.

And in terms of defense, pretty much every metric out there has him as the Spurs best defender since he got here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. Come on people, say it with me! If you want to, you can even stomp your feet like you're saying it while marching. It's way more martial and terrifying that way. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. I'm not sure exactly what's up with Bryn Forbes right now, but he's not currently playing and I'm sure the consensus among Spurs fans is that he can just go away forever. Whatever's holding Forbes out can just remain unresolved until he retires, and it won't matter because Keldon Johnson is the future. Maybe he's not the "next Kawhi Leonard" type of future that all Spurs fans secretly yearn for, but he's definitely some type of future. If it seems like I'm getting caught up in hype here, it's because I am, Realistically, Keldon Johnson hasn't shown that much prior to these two bubble games where he played well. Scrubs have unexpected hot streaks all the time and then go back to being scrubs. The same thing could very well be happening to Keldon Johnson right now. But I know Spurs fans are a bit downtrodden as a fanbase right now (I would be too if I had to watch DeMar DeRozan for a full season) so I'm trying to elevate their spirits here. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD.

Repeat after me: KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. If you were able to successfully repeat the words that are currently on your screen, good job! You're well on your way to being an authentic Spurs fan (complete with authentic ironic appreciation for their fiesta color scheme that looks like barf made out of pure 1990). However, your authenticity could still be questioned unless you post "KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD." in the comments section of this video. I'm not a medical doctor, but the diagnosis is clear even from a distance: Bryn Forbes has what the medical community has termed "Bad Basketball Syndrome". That means he is doomed to be bad at basketball forever. Meanwhile, Keldon Johnson has "Good Basketball Syndrome," which is the sister syndrome to Bad Basketball Syndrome except it makes one good at basketball instead of bad at it. Once you understand their underlying conditions, the essential truth of the matter starts to make more sense. Bryn Forbes sucks and is bound for Europe. Keldon Johnson is a god and will probably win more championships than he has fingers. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Durant gave Keldon Johnson recognition last night saying that "this guy is it" and that KJ is a scorer and it's hard to stop him when he goes right.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll go with this;
    Pg. Nurray
    Sg. White/Lonnie
    sf. Keldon
    pf. Trey/LA/ Achiuwa
    C. LA/Poeltl/Achiuwa

I think there might a small chance that both Demar and Rudy could be pacakaged together in sign and trade deal. The peicee that we will get will impact just how the lines up are structured. If not, than you'll get Demar at either sg or sf, and rudy coming from the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop placing Keldon at SF. The dude is 6'5" on heels. He's not a SF, he's a SG. Spurs need to regain size at the forward positions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop placing Keldon at SF. The dude is 6'5" on heels. He's not a SF, he's a SG. Spurs need to regain size at the forward positions.
    Except hes not 6'5". Hes at least as tall as DeMar. Unless you somehow think DeMar is 6'5"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except hes not 6'5". Hes at least as tall as DeMar. Unless you somehow think DeMar is 6'5"
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keldon_Johnson

And he does look 6'5" by my eye test, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, the shotting guard Demar Derozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?

Why the f are you relying on Wikipedia for this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He literally towers over Lonnie (6'4) and DJ (6'5)

Thread Information