Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?

Why the f are you relying on Wikipedia for this?
    What do you want me to base it on, Google pics with questionable angles?

Also, I literally said I used my eye test from watching games.

No matter the case, let's say Keldon and DeMar are indeed the same height, they are still undersized for SF. The ideal height for SF would be Gays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could the second photo be argued for questionable angles? Theyre literally standing next to each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter what Keldon's true height is, we still need more SFs and PFs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could the second photo be argued for questionable angles? Theyre literally standing next to each other.
    Keldon is standing straight up, DeMar has his knees bent a little. These folks get measured. That's where you get their heights on the internet, tbh.

Anyway, this discussion is irrelevant since they would both still be undersized for the Lebrons, Durants and Paul Georges of this World.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is standing straight up, DeMar has his knees bent a little. These folks get measured. That's where you get their heights on the internet, tbh.

Anyway, this discussion is irrelevant since they would both still be undersized for the Lebrons, Durants and Paul Georges of this World.
    So Lonnie and Dj are about 6'3? Theyre both standing straight up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter what Keldon's true height is, we still need more SFs and PFs
    I dont disagree with getting taller players. I just dont think its accurate to say that Keldon can't play SF. I'm the one for a while now with a microphone screaming for tall forwards. My preference is a mobile PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Lonnie and Dj are about 6'3? Theyre both standing straight up.
    I always thought they were 6'4", tbh. Why you still caught up on this though? 6'5" or 6'6" you are still giving up inches at the SF position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Durant gave Keldon Johnson recognition last night saying that "this guy is it" and that KJ is a scorer and it's hard to stop him when he goes right.
    I maybe mistaken but that’s old from whenever Keldon Johnson was in high school, KD made a video watching film of all the top high school recruits and one of them was Keldon and that’s where that quote came from

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I maybe mistaken but that’s old from whenever Keldon Johnson was in high school, KD made a video watching film of all the top high school recruits and one of them was Keldon and that’s where that quote came from
    Weird. Keldon was posting it on his IG this morning.

I thought what you are talking about was when KD was talking about Kyle Anderson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird. Keldon was posting it on his IG this morning.

I thought what you were talking about was when KD was talking about Kyle Anderson
    I mean it could be new but I do know there’s a video of KD watching Film of Keldon in high school from like 2 years ago lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean it could be new but I do know there’s a video of KD watching Film of Keldon in high school from like 2 years ago lol
    You were right man. I found the youtube video. I guess someone reposted it then Keldon posted it. Good catch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DAF86 is what happens when the benefactors decided to bold trolls thus branding everyone of them BOLDED DONK. Sorry its the fruit of the poison tree as far as I'm concerned. The guys who are bolded and engage in debate and non trolldem are bad fruit from their poisoned tree. Its is shamefull the "argument" he seems to b trying to make here. Oh well.
    The are you and why do you care so much about bolded and not bolded names?

Also,

1) I have more correct takes on this site (the kind of takes everyone s on first but time ends up proving right) , than you have takes in general.

2) In what World is saying that a 6'5" or 6'6" guy is undersized for SF a shameful argument? That's just common knowledge, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaches seem to be ok with it.

Later gator
    Which coaches, Spurs coaches? 'cause we are the only ones playing with 6'4" / 6'5" SFs and 6'6" PFs. The rest of the league have all 6'7" and higher SFs.

Spurs coaches were also ok with playing Forbes and Belinelli over Johnson and Walker and with trading Bertans away for nothing.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the truth is that keldon is a lil bit too small for a SF. During this games on the bubble he was at least a half head shorter than the guys who covered him. Imo the reason why he scored so many 'ugly' lookin points is that its really hard to him to score being covered by the taller guys. But he scored bc hes incredibly strong and energetic but imagine what he could do on a SG position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know why yall say he scores ugly, he scores like a star does and thats with finesse. Similar to how Wade and Ginobili did it back in the day. He also keeps his arms up during the entire drive to collect the foul, similar to James Harden.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know why yall say he scores ugly, he scores like a star does and thats with finesse. Similar to how Wade and Ginobili did it back in the day. He also keeps his arms up during the entire drive to collect the foul, similar to James Harden.
    idk, imo most of his shots was like fighting for life, he must try a lot to do this. Imo as a SG should be easier for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DAF86 This is my last exchange with you on this troll.
    You are the guy that started with the personal attacks and I'm the troll?

Which coaches?

Toronto Raptors Nick Nurse who won a Chip with a guy the same size as Keldon playing 'SF'.
    You are implying Kawhi and Keldon are the same size?

The Coaches in LA, the Clippers. A guy by the name of DOC is good with it although he and Paul George swap depending on rotation and situation.
    The SF of the Clippers is George, who is 6'8".

A franchise called the warriors with a Coach who got a few rings here is ok with a guy pretty much the same height and build as kawhi and Keldon, matt Barnes, Andre Iquodala, played the 'Sf' with other players like Kevin Durant (7'?, nah just a legt 6'9") and Draymond Green 6'6"-7"is Power forwards slipping into the 3 depending on rotation and situation.
    Stop trying to pretend Keldon and Kawhi are the same size. All the guys you named are bigger than Keldon.

Today's NBA is about "position-less basketball" Just because you have a hard on for Lebron James, the GREEK FREAK and WHOMEVER doesn't mean you know better than the Coaches on and GM' on this team who drafted Keldon after they traded Kawhi and who have been playing him at mostly SF' in the Bubble. Those same guys also drafted Luka so play some 3 4 and 5. So I'll go with them and the other guys I mention before I go with you a Troll who was bolded by the benefactors when this corner of the internet was all bout that 9 plus years ago.
    Sure, it's all about positionless basketball, that doesn't mean size doesn't matter anymore. Centers are becoming less important by the minute (hence my discussion with Chinook about wanting so bad to draft a center), but perimeter players have never been taller than right now. 7 foot wings like Giannis and Durant, physical specimens like Lebron, Paul George and Kawhi, 6'8" PG Doncic, 6'10" PG Simmons, etc. Having size on the perimeter has never been more important.

again LATER GATOR.

DONK is gona DONKY

EEEE AWWWW
    Ok, I see now the type of intelect I'm dealing with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S bag is actually the nominal "SF" to George's "SG". Even though the latter is two inches taller, the former is significantly longer (7'3'' to 6'11'' wingspan) and stronger.

It's a similar story when comparing S bag to Johnson physically. The former is only an inch taller, but plus 6 in wingspan and stronger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok.... 6'5" is undersized. 6'6"-6'9" are traditionally SF sized players. 6'3"-6'6" are traditionally sg sized players. 6'9" through 7' are traditionally PF sized players. Notice there is a little bit of overlap at each spot. A guy who has long arms and is fairly solid and strong is going to be at the larger spot. A guy who is slighter going to be at the smaller spot. Speed and handles also plays a role in determining listed position. Keldon would make a good larger SG. He is a bit smaller for an SF but because of a lack of SF on the spurs roster and him being fairly solid he is listed there. In the spurs system in a lot of ways SF and SG is interchangeable and just goes as wing.

I like both keldon and white alot. I am ambivalent on Murray (Like his athletic abilities feel like he doesn't have the right mental make up to be a top tier nba player. Not so much because he doesn't have drive he does. But because he doesn't have basketball instincts and those he does/did have are getting ed up by trying to make him a full time nba PG. Both him and white are 2 guards that can combo over to pg with a second unit or in spot minutes. (Manu was also like this but came to the nba as a complete/matured player) The make Murray the pg of the future ship has sailed in my opinion. Let him be a 2 guard/combo guard. If a real pg falls into the Spurs lap get and grab him you need one. Meanwhile. IE next year.... Let Murray and White start/play together Either can play with Keldon personal feeling is Murray off the bench. White seems better in a starting Role It's partially mental partially he hasn't been 100% physically most of the year I think. Kudos to him being active and with the team. Anyway having a strong guard lineup is great. I haven't watched enough of walker to really evaluate him properly. I kinda feel Murray is the odd man out but want to hear other opinions. I just feel like Murray is going to ask to much for his production based on his leadership and potential along with his agent but also don't feel like he has made the advancement needed towards his potential with the spurs.
    Last edited by Gagnrath; 08-07-2020 at 12:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok.... 6'5" is undersized. 6'6"-6'9" are traditionally SF sized players. 6'3"-6'6" are traditionally sg sized players. 6'9" through 7' are traditionally PF sized players. Notice there is a little bit of overlap at each spot. A guy who has long arms and is fairly solid and strong is going to be at the larger spot. A guy who is slighter going to be at the smaller spot. Speed and handles also plays a role in determining listed position. Keldon would make a good larger SG. He is a bit smaller for an SF but because of a lack of SF on the spurs roster and him being fairly solid he is listed there. In the spurs system in a lot of ways SF and SG is interchangeable and just goes as wing.

I like both keldon and white alot. I am ambivalent on Murray (Like his athletic abilities feel like he doesn't have the right mental make up to be a top tier nba player. Not so much because he doesn't have drive he does. But because he doesn't have basketball instincts and those he does/did have are getting ed up by trying to make him a full time nba PG. Both him and white are 2 guards that can combo over to pg with a second unit or in spot minutes. (Manu was also like this but came to the nba as a complete/matured player) The make Murray the pg of the future ship has sailed in my opinion. Let him be a 2 guard/combo guard. If a real pg falls into the Spurs lap get and grab him you need one. Meanwhile. IE next year.... Let Murray and White start/play together Either can play with Keldon personal feeling is Murray off the bench. White seems better in a starting Role It's partially mental partially he hasn't been 100% physically most of the year I think. Kudos to him being active and with the team. Anyway having a strong guard lineup is great. I haven't watched enough of walker to really evaluate him properly. I kinda feel Murray is the odd man out but want to hear other opinions. I just feel like Murray is going to ask to much for his production based on his leadership and potential along with his agent but also don't feel like he has made the advancement needed towards his potential with the spurs.
    Nice take.

I am of the mind that White would fit well into the role Manu used to play with this team back in the day provided we had a stud point guard. Like Manu, he would be in at the end of games but would be the first guy off the bench. I agree about Murray being a combo guard or shooting guard. I think he can get more confidence in his three point shot and fit as an off guard. Maybe he gets traded because we have Lonnie and maybe even Keldon to be the off guard and he is used as part of a package to fetch that stud point guard or the power forward we lack (and hope Luka becomes).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a gem with intangibles through the roof. Luca on the other hand...well at least he's young lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That one move where he bodied (I can’t remember the pelicans player) in the paint and got the foul...that was a ing POWER move. Imagine when we he develops a post game and are running the offense through him like we did nephew....dude is a STUD!

Thread Information