Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "...see him sort of take over that dominant primary role for us was encouraging to see. Because, that's where we can ultimately pinpoint him long-term for San Antonio."

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/s...-spurs-rookies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if he has a role in a team built around the cornerstone, Bryn Forbes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I absolutely love the guy, he looks like such a great teammate and he showed good things in the last stint of the regular season
    Still not sure bout what his ceiling us, but I think he has a really good floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I absolutely love the guy, he looks like such a great teammate and he showed good things in the last stint of the regular season
    Still not sure bout what his ceiling us, but I think he has a really good floor
    I agree. His ceiling depends on his handle and ability to drive in the pros as well as his 3P efficiency ( just like for everyone else in today's NBA ) but I think a taller Norman Powell would be a very good outcome.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Paul Pierce. His game on offense was mostly power drives to the hoop and hitting open three pointers. Not sure if he'll ever be the play-maker that PP was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said this from the beginning. I see a less offense Harden with better defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see what I've seen from the beginning:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...=1#post9812714

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starter or our new 6th man ( manu light )

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    answering the question in the le: no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starter or our new 6th man ( manu light )
    I don't know about Manu lite, cos Manu wasn't just a scorer and energizer but also an elite facilitator and often what turned good/okay bench players around him into such an effective bench unit
    Said that, I think he has the motor and mindset to have a lot of success as a bench piece, but he may become too good for that

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to work on his handle, shot confidence, and dribble pull up. He's kinda like Westbrook with less dribble explosion less vision. If he keeps working he's a starter. He is a 3 that can play the 2 and the 4. If he never improves, which he will, he's still a glue guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Keldon but as I’ve said all along I’m not sure what I think about his game working in the nba. I mean he works hard enough and is talented enough to probably be a for sure decent role player but those that are really high on him as any more than that?

I’ve just not seen it personally yet. Still young but I’m really unsure about him having even high end elite role player ability but obviously he’s talented and works hard enough to be good. We will see.

But he’s a breath of fresh air when it comes to energy and hustle

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ has the most potential of any of our younger guys when it comes to 2 way player offense/defense. In the next 2 years after this season, the Spurs are going to get new players via draft, free agency or trade but with what they have now excluding any new players from Draft etc, I see the Spurs best potential young players in this order:

1. KJ
    2. LW4
    3. DJM
    4. Luka
    5. White
    6. Poeltl
    7. Lyles
    8. Eubanks
    9. Metu
    10. Forbes

All based off potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our Kobe Stopper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon “The Helicopter” Johnson

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Paul Pierce is a good comp for keldon, Keldon's game is based on him as well. I don't think Keldon will be the offensives player PP was.

The floor would be a player equivalent to Green/Bowen. Which i think he has exceeded.

2 plays that are really good comp for keldon and fit his playstyle, are PJ Tucker and Andre iguodala.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Paul Pierce is a good comp for keldon, Keldon's game is based on him as well. I don't think Keldon will be the offensives player PP was.

The floor would be a player equivalent to Green/Bowen. Which i think he has exceeded.

2 plays that are really good comp for keldon and fit his playstyle, are PJ Tucker and Andre iguodala.
    keldon like paul pierce XD pls....

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people still insist on using the term 2 way player?

It's the only way you are suppose to play basketball. F'ing media pundants and sportcasters should chow down a bag of s everytime they mention it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon's build is more like Kobe, Harden... Thats why I dont see the Pierce comps. Pierce had a 7'1" wingspan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're just at the stage where they're looking for one of these young guys to at least have mentality to conceivably grow into a star. I seriously doubt they have any confidence in Johnson (or any of them, with the possible exception of Walker) actually doing so, but he at least clearly has the disposition to make a difference, along with decent physical tools.

I agree. His ceiling depends on his handle and ability to drive in the pros as well as his 3P efficiency ( just like for everyone else in today's NBA ) but I think a taller Norman Powell would be a very good outcome.
    Yeah, I've mentioned Powell (he's more athletic though) before as a good comp. Both powerfully built "dogs", who seem like they'll maximize whatever their ceiling is.

Butler is actually probably the best comp, but it's obviously highly unlikely he'll get anywhere near a top 10-15 player level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope but hopefully he can become a consistent solid bench player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    believe he'll has the potential to have a long nba career. Don't know who to compare him to. But I think he'll will be a borderline starter versus 6th man role potential. Energy on defense could impact game. Not sure what his offensive potential is. Think he'll be at 10-15 ppg kind of player capable of having the bigger scoring games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ is clever. An underrated quality that's hard to quantify.

But you know it when you see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that he's consistently aggressive. Some of the other guys disappear on offense at times (Murray/White/Walker) but Keldon is constantly attacking the basket when he has a chance to and he's got a good feel for when he can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of Keldon doubters in this thread will eat crow in about one year. You heard it from here first. I'm one of the first to believe he will be our first star from this group.

Thread Information