Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill say from intensively watching Kawhi during his rookie year (i was a hardcore fan from the beginning), Keldon is much more natural looking as a scorer. Kawhi was so stiff and mechanical that he looked like a robot out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's obvious that since Keldon's 20 pt game, he's been tasked (if we believe Pop hands out objectives to individual players, especially the rookies) to focus on defense more. I see a more reluctant Keldon when it comes to scoring. It's not a bad thing. Pop was probably like, "Your time will come when we will need you to be a scorer. For now, show me what you got on defense." I've also noticed his handle needs some work. Once his ball handling improves and he learns some killer crossovers, he is going to be LETHAL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a better Raw Athlete than Newphew, natural feels for the handle...
    Give kawhi credit, he worked his ass off to improve himself
    Nephew definitely did... I think Keldon is a hard worker too. Look at Keldon's ing bicep in ace3g's last photo. It's like a ing rock. Dude has been in the gym.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel once he develops a pull up jumper and one one of the dribble I could absolutely see a 16-21 a game scorer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how different he is from Leonard personality wise...its like he's the anti-Nephew...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-10-2020 at 08:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how different he is from Leonard personality wise...its like he's the anti-Nephew...
    not so fast...
    We'll see how he'll behave when/if he becomes a superstar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never fails any Bolded Doink with a join date of 2004-2012 is Guaranteed to have 10's of thousands of usless post like this.

2004 back when posting was "Cool"

16 years ago when you were like 30 something....

WTF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never fails any Bolded Doink with a join date of 2004-2012 is Guaranteed to have 10's of thousands of usless post like this.

2004 back when posting was "Cool"

16 years ago when you were like 30 something....

WTF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really like his energy and efficiency, today vs rockets 8/12, 3/3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jordan Howenstine @AirlessJordan
    3m
    Keldon Johnson is the first rookie in the NBA with multiple 20+ point games in less than 20 appearances for the team that drafted him since 2007 (Ramon Sessions, MIL).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jordan Howenstine @AirlessJordan
    3m
    Keldon Johnson is the first rookie in the NBA with multiple 20+ point games in less than 20 appearances for the team that drafted him since 2007 (Ramon Sessions, MIL).
    awesome!

dude better be startin soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone honestly see this coming? Keldon Warlord

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be either P.J. Tucker or Malik Hairston.
    Some of the posts on the first few pages of this thread lmao

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the posts on the first few pages of this thread lmao
    Yeah if you saw his college highlights you would know this never made any sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon could have had more than five assists today if his teammates didnt miss those easy shots

The thing about how Keldon scores is how easy he does it. I could see him as being a 25 ppg+ scorer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid is a work-horse, and probably the steal of the draft taking him at 29th. Dang that kid awesome. I don't think he has stopped to grow at 20. He's probably still going to grow 2 inches and 20 lbs. Spurs just picked a franchise player at 29th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love his video descriptions lol

DownToBuck

25.9K subscribers

Maybe I've spent the last season or so being too hard on Spurs fans. I relentlessly attack them for having misplaced optimism towards their assortment of young talent who, in their minds, are all destined for multiple All-Star teams and the synthesis of a new "big three" which will restore glory to a Spurs team which hasn't had any for a few seasons now. I attributed this optimism to the fact that Spurs fans don't really know how to handle losing, so they react in illogical ways.

Keldon Johnson, in particular, was a point of disagreement by myself and the Spurs fanbase at large. While Spurs fans were convinced he was one of the major pieces to their puzzle, I'm sitting there thinking "this guy almost never scores in double digits and he was a late first round pick but he's supposed to be the next big thing? Typical delusional Spurs fans, yearning for the next Kawhi and not being able to accept that the next Kawhi isn't even currently on their roster."

Now I'm looking like a big dummy poopoo head because Keldon Johnson is playing well in The Bubb, something that Spurs fans all seemingly were expecting but I was not expecting at all. That will teach me to make judgements about players when I barely know anything about them and only go off basic counting stats that I spent five seconds on basketball-reference half-heartedly looking at before closing the tab. Then again, I'm still not going to take fanbase opinions as gospel because the homer glasses are permanently affixed to the faces of those guys. I own no such glasses and am able to form unbiased, if uninformed, opinions.

Now, who here is in agreement with me that Keldon Johnson is 100% the next Kawhi Leonard/Manu Ginobili hybrid and anybody who disagrees is a heretic who should be burned at the stake with a fire stoked by the corpses of fellow doubters?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is so easy to get behind... Compared to the MUTE CANCER (Drew trademark)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something very particular about Keldon is that, despite his size & strength, he very rarely dunks the ball or finishes directly at the rim, much more often choosing to finish off the glass, even in situations where it might seem over-complicated and counterintuitive. Great sign to see, nowadays using the glass for finesse is almost a lost art, with most athletes coming into the NBA already able to dunk the rim off the hoop. His stroke from 3 is looking wet... And he'll have an entire off-season of working out the few kinks in his game. Really hard to not see him starting by next season, tbh, maybe even ahead of Lonnie (and hopefully both side by side alongside White, with DJ leading the bench).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to be a starter at the start of the next season. That will give him a confidence boost that will propel his game to the next level.

Although, with Pop at the helm, I see that highly improbable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things to improve/add next 1-2 years

_ Ball handling
    _ Pull up jumper off the dribble
    _ Back to the basket game when jumper isn't falling or defense forcing off the 3pt line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imma keep repeating it untill it sticks: yeah, he could play the 3, but, at his size and built, he would absolutely bully opposing SGs. And that's what we gotta search for: putting the kid in the absolute best position to succeed.
    Last edited by DAF86; 08-12-2020 at 01:02 AM.

Thread Information