Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243
Results 1,051 to 1,073 of 1073
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he eager to play with Wemby, or eager to prove himself out there? Somebody commented KJ is not all-smile, he got serious compared to that jolly giddy kid before. Maybe the losing seasons, maybe the possibility of coming off the bench, maybe Devin getting the better pay while hasn’t really shown much.. jealous of Wemby’s attention?? I hope not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he eager to play with Wemby, or eager to prove himself out there? Somebody commented KJ is not all-smile, he got serious compared to that jolly giddy kid before. Maybe the losing seasons, maybe the possibility of coming off the bench, maybe Devin getting the better pay while hasn’t really shown much.. jealous of Wemby’s attention?? I hope not.
    No, I truly believe that he is just more serious now and tired of losing. It was evident when there was a moment in the game where Sochan and others were about to start complaining to the refs and he loudly called everyone over and basically told them to calm down and get their together. He’s ready to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    somebody worked on his handles. That’s great to see, I expect a lot from Keldon this year. He ain’t done improving

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I truly believe that he is just more serious now and tired of losing. It was evident when there was a moment in the game where Sochan and others were about to start complaining to the refs and he loudly called everyone over and basically told them to calm down and get their together. He’s ready to win.
    Well said. This is how I read him as well. He kept up a good at ude to keep a losing team's spirits buoyed. But those losses killed him and he wants to start winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope so because I’m getting a different vibe. Last year he was the 1st option, then Wemby got picked and the circus around him, Devin got a better paychecked even when he has shown a lot (not like him who was the team’s leading scorer). And he could possibly relegated to 6th man role. Not every is a Manu. I hope I’m wrong and he embrase this as a new challenge instead of pouting around.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon Johnson hasn’t played since April, and that’s prob the most well rounded game I’ve seen from him in a long time.the Weak side support D was good. His ball handling is much better. His when to drive when not to is getting better.

He also looks even stronger out there than before. Also his shot looks a little smoother and quicker as well.

if Keldon Vassell both take a step forward along with Sochan Collin’s and throw in a ROtY Wemby, this is a play in team easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon Johnson hasn’t played since April, and that’s prob the most well rounded game I’ve seen from him in a long time.the Weak side support D was good. His ball handling is much better. His when to drive when not to is getting better.

He also looks even stronger out there than before. Also his shot looks a little smoother and quicker as well.

if Keldon Vassell both take a step forward along with Sochan Collin’s and throw in a ROtY Wemby, this is a play in team easily.
    His shot is always good when he's not initiating the offense. If he's playing off the ball, I expect him back at 40% from beyond the arc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shot is always good when he's not initiating the offense. If he's playing off the ball, I expect him back at 40% from beyond the arc.
    I think you pointed it out last year -- he started out really strong then tapered off probably due to fatigue for carrying such a load. He's a nice shooter and should get plenty of open and close-to-open looks.

My big question is how the players -- assuming Keldon starts -- use the space on the offensive end. Wemby uses up so much space. Will he be clogging things up? Or will he be pulling people away from his teammates? Like... if Wemby's midrange is so money (hopefully), there's almost no sense in double teaming him, although you have to, because he's getting that shot off anyway. I also (slightly) fear the starting offense will be somewhat stagnant in a 4-down kind of way as it gets very heliocentric around Vic. Like, I can't imagine as much of the beautiful game, the cutting and kicking, with him in there, partly due to his efficiency and partly due to not wanting to move him around so much.

But... we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keldon being in the thick of things along with Sochan and Collins perfectly complement Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    somebody worked on his handles. That’s great to see, I expect a lot from Keldon this year. He ain’t done improving
    Good play but beez that was some pathetic D.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon has looked better every game. He seems to be carefully picking his spots without being a disruption.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just wish he gets back to being a 40% 3 point shooter ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is not even at 100% yet and neither is Sochan. Give them a couple of games to get back into game shape

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is not even at 100% yet and neither is Sochan. Give them a couple of games to get back into game shape
    i think the unit will naturally just get better with time after playing with one another more. learning to play around wemby on its own is a challenge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the unit will naturally just get better with time after playing with one another more. learning to play around wemby on its own is a challenge
    No doubt! The dude takes up so much of the floor it's got to be a head scratcher for all to figure out where to be while letting Wemby do his thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe this is overly pessimistic, but I can easily see a scenario where Keldon drops down to a 12-15ppg scorer as Wemby, Dev and Collins absorb some of his scoring output from last year.

The "core" starting 5 last season (Tre/Dev/Keldon/Sochan/Jak) averaged 76.5 ppg last season (though it arguable that number is inflated because this lineup didn't play that much together, only 189 minutes over 18 games).

If Wemby and Devin each average 22, Zach puts up 13, Sochan improves to 13... that's already 70ppg. I think we're going to see Keldon drop off dramatically. Hopefully the rest of his game is complimentary and we aren't suddenly wondering if what appears to be a bargin contract for Keldon is suddenly an overpay.

Interestingly, the Spurs best lineup in terms of ORTG (looking at linutes that only played more than 30 minutes together) was Doug-Stan Johnson-Josh Richardson-Zach-Bran. the best defensive unit was Zach-KBD-Keldon-Bran-Sochan. https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/ad...anced&sort=MIN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has to let Keldon and Devin play some minutes with the bench unit where they can take over

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think things will work out on there own as I don’t see Wemby cracking the 30 + minutes that Vassell and Keldon will be getting. Also, I still think Pop is going to be super cautious with Wemby health and there is always that rookie wall. But your right it will be interesting to see what type of player works best with Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Wemby and Devin each average 22, Zach puts up 13, Sochan improves to 13... that's already 70ppg. I think we're going to see Keldon drop off dramatically. Hopefully the rest of his game is complimentary and we aren't suddenly wondering if what appears to be a bargin contract for Keldon is suddenly an overpay.
    I have seen nothing that indicates Sochan improving his PPG ...otherwise I agree that Keldons scoring output will drop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keldon feels like a seasoned vet on this club and he just turned 24 this month. meanwhile derrick white was 23 as a rookie

im not used to this timeline on players tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really liked the effort defensively that Keldon showed in preseason. Doesn't always translate to good D but with Wemby as an eraser, KJ and Devin can really afford to be aggressive on that end.

Post Count
    Always feels like he is the odd man out

Post Count

Thread Information