Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks taller then 6'6" in those pictures.
    Short neck. And/or she is like 5’1”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think he needs to be in starting line up or just the green light to chuck...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Hs...SG-g5OXNE3tX9w

Almost forgot about this...

I'm 15 minutes in...

Highlights so far: saying MJ, Pippen, Chris Paul were his favorite players. Says Pop looks out for every player on the team. Says might expand his social media presence to reach out to more fans. Says he knows how to cook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA teams have been trying to draft the next MJ for the longest time

Kobe came close, copying every move MJ had and his work ethic but failed to gain the same efficiency

Kawhi came close, with nearly the same physical measurements such as hand size and possibly wingspan, and he copied the signature fadeaway.... But he lacks the athleticism, the fire, and mental for ude MJ had

Could Keldon be the next MJ in terms of mental make-up? MJ was a clear leader because of how hard he went at everything he wanted to try. Keldon is clearly a compe ive animal.... He's got the charisma MJ had, none of that awkward from Kawhi. What if it was the burning desire to be the best, and will to win is what made MJ separate from the rest? What if Keldon has that?

Time will tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan was pathological in his desire to win. And it makes him much less likable now that he isn’t playing. As for Keldon, I would prefer the compe iveness of Ginobili instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t wanna go out on a limb here, but I think we might be going a little too fast with the analogies perhaps? Jordan? Kobe? I’ll be happy if Keldon averages more than 25 minutes next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hispanic girls are so nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Keldon a lot but I’m afraid some folks are going to be in for a huge let down once the new season starts. I think he is going to be a good player but I can’t say at this moment if he is going to be what some folks are saying he is going to be on this website.

hopefully the folks on here are right though. Lord knows we need a franchise player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Keldon a lot but I’m afraid some folks are going to be in for a huge let down once the new season starts. I think he is going to be a good player but I can’t say at this moment if he is going to be what some folks are saying he is going to be on this website.

hopefully the folks on here are right though. Lord knows we need a franchise player
    Eye test, my friend. Just wait for it...

People like to downplay talent when it's right in front of them because all they see is a draft position (#29 in the case of Keldon).

Just like how people have a mindset of if a player is consistently projected top 10 by amateur scouts (who are wrong 90% of the time), that theyre for sure to be good... and people become flabbergasted if they drop and we don't select them.

Like people who see Lonzo or Killian and say "that's an all-star in the making!" because they're riding the wave that is called "mob mentality".

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eye test, my friend. Just wait for it...

People like to downplay talent when it's right in front of them because all they see is a draft position (#29 in the case of Keldon).

Just like how people have a mindset of if a player is consistently projected top 10 by amateur scouts (who are wrong 90% of the time), that theyre for sure to be good... and people become flabbergasted if they drop and we don't select them.

Like people who see Lonzo or Killian and say "that's an all-star in the making!" because they're riding the wave that is called "mob mentality".
    Another aspect of this is people who want to trade for a player that had been drafted high, using the reasoning "if he was drafted that high, he must be good and his current team is just misusing him". It is quite possible, and probable in most cases, that the player just isn't as good as his draft position would indicate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another aspect of this is people who want to trade for a player that had been drafted high, using the reasoning "if he was drafted that high, he must be good and his current team is just misusing him". It is quite possible, and probable in most cases, that the player just isn't as good as his draft position would indicate.
    Yes. The reality is that in most drafts, only 30% of the stars come from the top 10. The rest slip past.

Look, I'm not saying it's for certain Keldon's going to make it as a star. I'm saying it's looking pretty damn likely because of the tools he has, most notably his mental make-up. I'll roll with Keldon and gamble on what he has shown vs the other people in his draft class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of Keldon doubters in this thread will eat crow in about one year. You heard it from here first. I'm one of the first to believe he will be our first star from this group.
    Just a reminder from the first page ^ before he exploded in the bubble and gained more fans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFS, let the kid be Keldon!

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pls stop with this comparision with MJ and kobe. That's hilarious. Im really impressed how spurs fans overvalue their players. Same was with murray (all star, great wingspan, future blah blah). keldon showed some flashes and great work ethic (imo the best spurs player now) but thats not a reason to compare him to MJ. Calm down boyz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hilarious right now, but you'll see...

It's the same reason DeMar said he was "lucky" to be able to play with Keldon.

A lot of work ahead, but no problem with calling it like I see it.

Pop, the GOAT, never praised White like he did Keldon. The best compliment he gave White was that he was "even keeled".

Same for Murray lmao. I dont remember one positive thing from Pop about Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m excited about Keldon, in part because the team has lots of players I’m much less excited about. Let’s give it time, though. Putting ridiculous expectations on him is not going to help him improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m excited about Keldon, in part because the team has lots of players I’m much less excited about. Let’s give it time, though. Putting ridiculous expectations on him is not going to help him improve.
    He's not reading this forum, man. Haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not reading this forum, man. Haha
    Hopefully not and he’s in the gym. Don’t get me wrong, I think realistically, because of his temperament, he has a much higher chance of success than Lonnie or Dejounte. Dejounte is a little emo and Lonnie, it seems, is processing his trauma, so he needs to be put on a different timeline as far as expectations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst case scenario this guy will be a great role player. Best case scenario he will be a star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While the comparisons to MJ and Kobe are a little jumping-the-gun, I also think Keldon is poised to be a star in this league. He's got all the tools to be an excellent two-way player and volume scorer, and it's not like he "has to put it together" like so many other players - he's already there, both physically and mentally. If he works on his volume shooting from 3, he can be our Tatum-lite. I think he'll be the first player out of our young core who the Spurs will have to look at how to "complement" and build around him.

I still have hopes for Lonnie, too. Deadly combo at the 2-3 if both pan out. Gotta get rid of Murray though, at least in the starting lineup... Hopefully next season, either one emerges as the "truest" SG due to sheer outplaying the other one. With Dejounte's at ude, expectations due to having already started for two seasons, and his agency, I don't see him taking an arbitrary "demotion" well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks comparing Keldon to MJ, Kobe and Kawhi in here. Hold your horses sons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks comparing Keldon to MJ, Kobe and Kawhi in here. Hold your horses sons.
    Agreed my expectation right now is for him to be a good role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather be bold and call it early and look like a genius later.

I did call Kawhi a would-be star during his rookie year. I made a call during White's rookie year that he was a Manu-lite, and people are starting to see that now.

I agree the MJ, Kobe comparisons are a reach. Only reason they were brought up was because of the recent interview when he mentioned those were his favorites (and because the offseason is so ing boring).

My favorite comparison from the beginning has always been James Harden (strictly offense). Their body language and moves are very similar. Before anybody gets carried away and freaks out, I'm not talking about their production. Just body language.

Time will tell.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 09-21-2020 at 04:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

More and more of these videos are going to pop out.

It was after the first or second summer league game that I made the Harden comp (on offense).

Call me the body language expert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well. Let’s hope you’re right. I would be happy if he is Mario Elie 2.0.

Thread Information