Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, what else is he going to say? "Yeah we're going to aim for 7-2"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody's really mentioned it before, but I think he can be something special. Heard it here first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte - Part interview now live

Edit: Appears this is only part 1...

Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 05-26-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then he should have worked harder on the three over the summer and not passed up so many shots in games.

But it's good he feels this way.
    Last edited by tim_duncan_fan; 05-26-2021 at 09:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then he should have worked harder on the three over the summer and not passed up so many shots in games.

Hopefully he'll work on that this summer. The guy is driven and committed that's for sure...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WORK on your 3s. Again these guys are obsessed with the midrange game when the 3 point shot is crucial in today’s game. We don’t need another guard congesting the lane because he sucks at shooting 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WORK on your 3s. Again these guys are obsessed with the midrange game when the 3 point shot is crucial in today’s game. We don’t need another guard congesting the lane because he sucks at shooting 3s.
    They just don't get it smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s about making him a more complete Offensive player.

Keldon’s greatest asset atm is his bullish, fearless drives through the interior of a Defence. If he’s able to judiciously choose when to shoot the mid range J/floater, (augmenting his game instead of plowing into people as he did at times this season) it can only mean good things for the Spurs going forward.

It also means that he’s probably moving to a SF role and that DDR is likely gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to have an option when they run you off the 3 point line, which they will if he shoots them better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

it was his first offseason in the nba. He is 21 years old.

do we just expect second year players to have one offseason with chip and come back shooting 40%?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely hit the sop re slump...and Covid and the Spurs’ crazy schedule didn’t help. Teams also learned to defend him. He’s going to have to hone his game a bit, but I still really like what he brings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was his first offseason in the nba. He is 21 years old.

do we just expect second year players to have one offseason with chip and come back shooting 40%?
    You're right. I should remind myself it was only his second year in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right. I should remind myself it was only his second year in the league.
    He’s essentially played ONE season’s worth of NBA games. He also added some things to his game this year when they started drawing charges on his drives. He has the little 6-8 foot pop-a-shot, and has a basic Euro step.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3's were a lesser concern for Keldon compared to his predictability on offense. He needs to make better reads and stop forcing it on drives. If the opposing big rotates fast enough to block his path to the rim, that's when a mid-range game will be handy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My view as it is with every young player is in today's NBA you must have a killer 3 point shot to take your game to the next level or you will simply be a rotational player. Johnson and Murray both need this skill set and need it with consistency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon will be fine. He has work ethic and will get better. This season was like a trip to the dentist office, no fun, something to endure but I am fired up about the upcoming season and these young guys putting in some work over the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3's were a lesser concern for Keldon compared to his predictability on offense. He needs to make better reads and stop forcing it on drives. If the opposing big rotates fast enough to block his path to the rim, that's when a mid-range game will be handy.
    Agree. He’ll put the work in to bring the spot up side around, I feel pretty confident.

The X factor in his development is reads from the triple threat and anticipating defenses once he initiates the drive. Knowing when to stop and pop from 15 or developing a floater to go over a center that might be waiting near the restricted area. Continuing to develop some of the dump off passes we started to see later in the year.

His blow by % first half of the year was near the top of league. Might have even been number one for a period of time. Very few players can contain him off the dribble, developing a more advanced array of tools once he has gotten by his defender in space will take him from role player to potential star. He’s got a rare combination of physical tools. First step of an explosive wing, strength in the paint and on the glass of a hulking 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s about making him a more complete Offensive player.

Keldon’s greatest asset atm is his bullish, fearless drives through the interior of a Defence. If he’s able to judiciously choose when to shoot the mid range J/floater, (augmenting his game instead of plowing into people as he did at times this season) it can only mean good things for the Spurs going forward.

It also means that he’s probably moving to a SF role and that DDR is likely gone.
    This!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I want Keldon to work on his offense, I want him to improve on his defense. I think he can be a lockdown defender with his physicality and motor. I really want the Spurs to get back to being a top defensive team that I know they're very capable of with their athleticism and youth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I want Keldon to work on his offense, I want him to improve on his defense. I think he can be a lockdown defender with his physicality and motor. I really want the Spurs to get back to being a top defensive team that I know they're very capable of with their athleticism and youth.
    Hmm, I'm not really as high on his defensive potential as I was a year or so ago. He's not laterally quick enough to stay in front of most players... Could he trim down a bit, like a lean-down, and get quicker? Maybe, but he'd sacrifice some of that bullish strength and godly power that makes him such a valuable offensive threat in the first place. And lateral speed is one of those things that ain't easy to develop/work on, at least not like your shooting or offensive moves or whatever. This season (and I'm willing to give him a bit of a pass on exhaustion, both due to the schedule and being forced to play up a position by Pop), he's looked not quick enough to stay in front of SFs, and though adequate at staying in front of PFs, very undersized/unskilled in other areas against them (giving up positioning, offensive rebounds, team defense especially in zones, not making rotations to protect the rim quick enough to aid Jakob, etc).

I guess it'll depend on which path the FO/development coaches want him to go as a player. If they're really seeing him as a full-time PF, he'd do well to keep bulking up, improving his outside shot, and getting taught some big man moves/tasks, since he's really lacking there, as he logically never played the position growing up. I'd much rather they try to mold him into a SF type though, and get him a more fluid in-between game, quicker moves and passes, and also a better outside shot. The way Pop's played him this season was worrisome to me, so I hope they'll go with the latter tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, I'm not really as high on his defensive potential as I was a year or so ago. He's not laterally quick enough to stay in front of most players... Could he trim down a bit, like a lean-down, and get quicker? Maybe, but he'd sacrifice some of that bullish strength and godly power that makes him such a valuable offensive threat in the first place. And lateral speed is one of those things that ain't easy to develop/work on, at least not like your shooting or offensive moves or whatever. This season (and I'm willing to give him a bit of a pass on exhaustion, both due to the schedule and being forced to play up a position by Pop), he's looked not quick enough to stay in front of SFs, and though adequate at staying in front of PFs, very undersized/unskilled in other areas against them (giving up positioning, offensive rebounds, team defense especially in zones, not making rotations to protect the rim quick enough to aid Jakob, etc).

I guess it'll depend on which path the FO/development coaches want him to go as a player. If they're really seeing him as a full-time PF, he'd do well to keep bulking up, improving his outside shot, and getting taught some big man moves/tasks, since he's really lacking there, as he logically never played the position growing up. I'd much rather they try to mold him into a SF type though, and get him a more fluid in-between game, quicker moves and passes, and also a better outside shot. The way Pop's played him this season was worrisome to me, so I hope they'll go with the latter tbh.
    Sugus is so on point here. The team’s ceiling is low with a 6’6” PF. Even 10 pounds lighter he overpowers most 3s, but can he stay in front of them. His length and strength will likely make him at least adequate. I also think by the end of next season it will be evident that Saminic will be the answer at the 4.

Thread Information