Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did you guys know the male equivalent to a karen is a ken?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She was a bit disappointing

I got my Latina. California man has to.

I've become disenfranchised with white girl in the West.
    So you're ok with latinos, just not good with the blacks?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    So you're ok with latinos, just not good with the blacks?
    I'm okay with all. This isn't my battle to fight. Lesson to take back home.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm okay with all. This isn't my battle to fight. Lesson to take back home.
    How can you say that when a simple notice on a video game bothers you to the point where you have to post about it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    How can you say that when a simple notice on a video game bothers you to the point where you have to post about it?
    The more I see it, the more I subconsciously ignore. It was shocking at first. My sister is a teacher from USA system and I finished college in America so I know the dance.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Did you guys know the male equivalent to a karen is a ken?
    Ken's Greek salad dressing is awesome tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    I'm a fan of their bleu cheese dressing.

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She was chewing the glue from a moccasin at a fort in West Texas when the Westward pioneer happened upon her. The rest is tribal folklore.
    sounds legit... det rack tho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tell me why. I like Greek dressing but haven't been able to really find anything off the shelf that compares to a good restaurant.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Tell me why. I like Greek dressing but haven't been able to really find anything off the shelf that compares to a good restaurant.
    Ken's mostly makes mediocre/average products, but their Greek salad dressing (vinaigrette) is restaurant-quality. It tastes exactly like the Greek Salads that came with the Gyros on Wednesdays at the 2016 Bank of America office when I worked there. So there's a nostalgia factor, but not really; since that was pretty much the only thing I had to look forward to at the office during those 7 months that I worked there.

The other things I had going for me at that time was the excitement of the Rookie Dak/Zeke Cowboys season, and the handful of weekends (mostly the three day weekends) where I'd pick up my black girlfriend from her cousin's apartment in Irving to take home with me for the weekend.

For me, greek salad reminds me of all the good part of the latter half of 2016. Elliott for the touchdown... no flags... Cowboys win. Star light, star bright... I want my babe tonight. Making $70k out of college which is at least respectable, though having to tough through the doldrums of each work day at the office and mostly boring weekday evenings where I had to dodge the roommates, construction, property manager guy and other crap that went on I was staying in the downstairs corner room in that jumbo house from July-Dec 2016.

I try to cut out January 2017 out of my head... maybe worst month of my life... between the triple whammy of getting the axe, giving up the 3rd and 20, and realizing the owning-a-house-and-having-roommates situation was a disaster... ugh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ken's Ranch > Hidden Valley out of the bottle.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ken's mostly makes mediocre/average products, but their Greek salad dressing (vinaigrette) is restaurant-quality. It tastes exactly like the Greek Salads that came with the Gyros on Wednesdays at the 2016 Bank of America office when I worked there. So there's a nostalgia factor, but not really; since that was pretty much the only thing I had to look forward to at the office during those 7 months that I worked there.

The other things I had going for me at that time was the excitement of the Rookie Dak/Zeke Cowboys season, and the handful of weekends (mostly the three day weekends) where I'd pick up my black girlfriend from her cousin's apartment in Irving to take home with me for the weekend.

For me, greek salad reminds me of all the good part of the latter half of 2016. Elliott for the touchdown... no flags... Cowboys win. Star light, star bright... I want my babe tonight. Making $70k out of college which is at least respectable, though having to tough through the doldrums of each work day at the office and mostly boring weekday evenings where I had to dodge the roommates, construction, property manager guy and other crap that went on I was staying in the downstairs corner room in that jumbo house from July-Dec 2016.

I try to cut out January 2017 out of my head... maybe worst month of my life... between the triple whammy of getting the axe, giving up the 3rd and 20, and realizing the owning-a-house-and-having-roommates situation was a disaster... ugh.
    Thanks. So it doesn't sound like a "must buy" dressing.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Ken's Ranch > Hidden Valley out of the bottle.
    I guess I'm not really a ranch dressing guy. When I was a kid I ate it quite a bit and it soured my stomach. Nowadays the only time I eat it is at a place like BWW with carrots dipped in it as a piquancy coolant to the hot wings.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Thanks. So it doesn't sound like a "must buy" dressing.
    No. You'd be surprised at how good the little "Avenue C" section of Bank of America HQ (Plano)'s food was.

Avoid the main cafeteria and go to the Building C zone (they may have remodeled by now, but I'm speaking in 2016 terms) and it's a smaller, single-line cafeteria section. They have a salad and theme item of the day. Mondays were mediocre Italian food (meh), Tuesdays were taco and taco salad (they only had those icky soft tortillas and subpar Mexican flavor in general, so meh), Wednesdays were the Gyro and Greek Salad day (and the lamb and flatbread were excellent-- my favorite), Thursdays was the Asian day (my second favorite), and Fridays were vegetarian and California salad... meh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No. You'd be surprised at how good the little "Avenue C" section of Bank of America HQ (Plano)'s food was.

Avoid the main cafeteria and go to the Building C zone (they may have remodeled by now, but I'm speaking in 2016 terms) and it's a smaller, single-line cafeteria section. They have a salad and theme item of the day. Mondays were mediocre Italian food (meh), Tuesdays were taco and taco salad (they only had those icky soft tortillas and subpar Mexican flavor in general, so meh), Wednesdays were the Gyro and Greek Salad day (and the lamb and flatbread were excellent-- my favorite), Thursdays was the Asian day (my second favorite), and Fridays were vegetarian and California salad... meh
    Can I just walk in and eat there?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Can I just walk in and eat there?
    if you're in Plano and it's not COVID-19 and you go in one of the back ways (still need someone to activate the door in front of you with the badge, but there's plenty of places that you can enter without there being a security guy/lady at the door).

I've had plenty of work food that is good, others not so much. The single-patty hamburgers at Verizon in Las Colinas, Tx. are excellent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    if you're in Plano and it's not COVID-19 and you go in one of the back ways (still need someone to activate the door in front of you with the badge, but there's plenty of places that you can enter without there being a security guy/lady at the door).

I've had plenty of work food that is good, others not so much. The single-patty hamburgers at Verizon in Las Colinas, Tx. are excellent.
    Send me a map of the building. Or maybe we can meet up and grab lunch. I'll even treat.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Send me a map of the building. Or maybe we can meet up and grab lunch. I'll even treat.
    I don't work there anymore, but a good friend of mine still does

Overhead view (best I could find on the internet):

I went in there once in September 2019 and the "A" Building was radically different and remodeled (uglified) but that one was pretty far removed from the other two; I worked in Building C in 2016 which had its own parking garage. The main cafeteria is located under building B and the little special side cafeteria is located under building C.

As I said, I don't work there anymore, I'm currently in San Antonio during COVID, and speaking of COVID, well... those type of offices aren't open during COVID unless you have a specific reason to be there and like 3 managerial approvals.

Maybe this fall I can sneak in to get food (lol) if the COVID lifts up a bit.

I do recall one of the black security ladies on the bottom floor in complete tears as if the world ended, on the morning of the Wednesday following Trump victory

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't work there anymore, but a good friend of mine still does

Overhead view (best I could find on the internet):

I went in there once in September 2019 and the "A" Building was radically different and remodeled (uglified) but that one was pretty far removed from the other two; I worked in Building C in 2016 which had its own parking garage. The main cafeteria is located under building B and the little special side cafeteria is located under building C.

As I said, I don't work there anymore, I'm currently in San Antonio during COVID, and speaking of COVID, well... those type of offices aren't open during COVID unless you have a specific reason to be there and like 3 managerial approvals.

Maybe this fall I can sneak in to get food (lol) if the COVID lifts up a bit.

I do recall one of the black security ladies on the bottom floor in complete tears as if the world ended, on the morning of the Wednesday following Trump victory
    So maybe this fall then we can get lunch there? Your friend could let us in.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    So maybe this fall then we can get lunch there? Your friend could let us in.
    Of course, he'd be committing a security violation of SOACC, but that's another matter.

Better off just following 2 random pajeet patel looking guys in the door around 12pm when it's a mass cluster of scattered (mostly brown skinned) humans

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Of course, he'd be committing a security violation of SOACC, but that's another matter.

Better off just following 2 random pajeet patel looking guys in the door around 12pm when it's a mass cluster of scattered (mostly brown skinned) humans
    He can't even have guests for lunch? That's lame. What do we need to do to get clearance? Where else is good to eat over there? Maybe we can find a different place that isn't so snooty.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    He can't even have guests for lunch? That's lame. What do we need to do to get clearance? Where else is good to eat over there? Maybe we can find a different place that isn't so snooty.
    Well, there's legacy hall nearby (opened in 2018), but they don't accept cash or card, only their pre paid credits for food (and entertainment, drinks etc)

There's also Legacy West which is an upscale little micro-urban shopping area and then the older Shops of Legacy across the road that is arguably just as elegant but a little run down with age.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He's bitter it's not dudes having sex, tbh.
    Figure 4 leg lock.
    Its over...
    Spurter tap out.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Name
    Allan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    karen touched first. latinx karen stands her ground