Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree but I Hope after this season Spurs really open the phone lines and see what they can get for LMA, DeRozan, and Rudy. I think we could get some decent deals for Rudy and DeRozan potential interested teams: Toronto, Miami, New York, and the Nets.
    Golden State has been rumored for Gay. Not sure how real that interest is but they'd be able to acquire him in their trade exception.

The main reasoning behind an Aldridge trade is finally giving Poeltl the starter position for good. If we don't trade LA Poeltl will be likely gone and we can't afford that. He's one of our best players for the foreseeable future.

Trading LA before next season starts is a must.
    The main reason for trading Aldridge is to get an asset for him before he leaves in FA. Poeltl is an RFA in the worst possible time to be an RFA, while playing the least valued position. They can retain him on a long-term deal and then proceed with both if they wanted too.

I like Poeltl a lot and think that he should start next season but that is dependent on whether the Spurs deal Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we trade LA for TJ Warren?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Nets GM (Durant / Irving) wants to go all in next season, just offer Aldridge and Demar to the Nets. Irving / Demar / Durant / Aldrige / Deandre would be by far the most talented s5 in the league and, if it didn't work out, they would have enough space to try to recruit Giannis in the summer;

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't neccessarily move Aldridge. If the return is right of course you do it, but this team still needs a big and he's still the best player on the team plus he's shooting 3s now. I'd rather move DeRozan

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't neccessarily move Aldridge. If the return is right of course you do it, but this team still needs a big and he's still the best player on the team plus he's shooting 3s now. I'd rather move DeRozan
    IMO there's a lot of moveable trash on this team aside from Aldridge. I'm not moving him for the trash that Portland has to offer. If you can get something good for him by all means trade him but no trash from Portland.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade LMA to the Nets for Taurean Prince and future 1st. LMA has 24k left on his contract compared to 28k left for Prince over a 2 year span. So a little more maneuvering to make the money work out for both teams. LMA will stretch the floor with his 3 ball alongside DeAndre Jordan. When DDR Opts out to sign with a so called legitimate le contender, the Spurs should then sign Ibaka (30yrs old) whom will be a free agent. Resign Jakob and let Forbes walk. Bring back Belinelli on a vets minimum to help Patty with Corporate Knowledge. Promote Drew and Quinn from their 2 way contracts. Use Gay as trade bait at next season's trade deadline depending on where the team stands at that time. Next season potential rotation goes as follows:

1. DJM, White, LW4, Lyles, Poeltl
    2. Patty, KJ, Prince, Gay, Ibaka
    3. QW, Marco, Luka, Drew, 1st Rd

With this lineup, Ibaka will average more minutes than Lyles and just as much as Poeltl even though he'll be coming off the bench. Seems like a real playoff team to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yuk. ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade LMA to the Nets for Taurean Prince and future 1st. LMA has 24k left on his contract compared to 28k left for Prince over a 2 year span. So a little more maneuvering to make the money work out for both teams. LMA will stretch the floor with his 3 ball alongside DeAndre Jordan. When DDR Opts out to sign with a so called legitimate le contender, the Spurs should then sign Ibaka (30yrs old) whom will be a free agent. Resign Jakob and let Forbes walk. Bring back Belinelli on a vets minimum to help Patty with Corporate Knowledge. Promote Drew and Quinn from their 2 way contracts. Use Gay as trade bait at next season's trade deadline depending on where the team stands at that time. Next season potential rotation goes as follows:

1. DJM, White, LW4, Lyles, Poeltl
    2. Patty, KJ, Prince, Gay, Ibaka
    3. QW, Marco, Luka, Drew, 1st Rd

With this lineup, Ibaka will average more minutes than Lyles and just as much as Poeltl even though he'll be coming off the bench. Seems like a real playoff team to me.
    This team won't win with Lyles and Poeltl starting. Both are garbage, back ups at best

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. I think the Spurs expect to bring this team back next season, maybe minus Forbes and Beli.

Still, if Portland or Miami inquire about Aldridge, and offer similar packages, then I still think its hard for them to say no. Aldridge had held up rather well for a 35 year old but getting a 1st round pick for him, especially with him being a free agent after next season, is better than what the Spurs could otherwise reasonable expect. The Spurs should take such an offer and move forward.
    I don't know about expect, but I do think they'll take the same approach they did with the S bag trade, which is choose the direction of best perceived value.

If they can get what they're seeking for Aldridge and DeRozan, they pull the trigger. If not, probably not (which is stupid).

23 isn't great in and of itself, but add it to Murray and 11 and maybe it gets them 5 and Brown, for example. Plus, Olynyk is a useful stopgap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about expect, but I do think they'll take the same approach they did with the S bag trade, which is choose the direction of best perceived value.

If they can get what they're seeking for Aldridge and DeRozan, they pull the trigger. If not, probably not (which is stupid).

23 isn't great in and of itself, but add it to Murray and 11 and maybe it gets them 5 and Brown, for example. Plus, Olynyk is a useful stopgap.
    The way White's playing, White plus 11 alone should get them a top 5 pick, in theory. Especially because he's still under rookie scale for next season and he then enters RFA.

I still think Murray holds value around the league but, admittedly, that $64 million dollar deal is looking like an overpay at the moment. He's younger and has higher upside but he's also already gotten paid so that's probably a negative in a deal. Spurs are unlikely to trade either but I still think White is the best trade chip of the two, even before White's play in the bubble and certainly now.

There could be a three team trade with Miami, Detroit, and San Antonio and could look like:

Detroit Gets: Derrick White, Chris Silva, and the 11th pick

San Antonio Gets: The 5th Pick, Kelly Oylnyk and the 23rd pick

Miami Gets: LaMarcus Aldridge and Thomas/ Brown Jr.

Spurs would end up with the 5th pick, 23rd pick and Olynyk for Aldridge, White, and 11. That's not bad return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way White's playing, White plus 11 alone should get them a top 5 pick, in theory. Especially because he's still under rookie scale for next season and he then enters RFA.

I still think Murray holds value around the league but, admittedly, that $64 million dollar deal is looking like an overpay at the moment. He's younger and has higher upside but he's also already gotten paid so that's probably a negative in a deal. Spurs are unlikely to trade either but I still think White is the best trade chip of the two, even before White's play in the bubble and certainly now.

There could be a three team trade with Miami, Detroit, and San Antonio and could look like:

Spurs would end up with the 5th pick, 23rd pick and Olynyk for Aldridge, White, and 11. That's not bad return.
    Yeah and even if it isn't, the Spurs would have no business giving up a third asset.

I don't think he really does. Most teams are set at "PG" and even those that think they can turn him into a 3 and D type, are they giving up value and paying him $4/64 million for the chance to find out?

White is definitely a better trade asset. Not only flat out better, but malleable.

Not bad at all. Think it'd have to definitively be Thomas instead of Brown Jr., but I'd consider pursuing 5 even if Avdija is gone. Hayes/Haliburton are interesting.
    Last edited by TD 21; 08-06-2020 at 07:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are we kidding sons? We all know we are standing pat. The bright spot is that I want to believe Pop saw the light and he will no longer play Forbes and Beli over guys like Walker and Johnson.

A rotation of:

PG-White
    SG-Johnson
    SF-DeRozan
    PF-MLE (Crowder?) or draft pick.
    C-Aldridge

Bench: Murray, Mills, Walker, Gay, Poeltl

Should be good enough to make the playoffs without much sweat I believe.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are we kidding sons? We all know we are standing pat. The bright spot is that I want to believe Pop saw the light and he will no longer play Forbes and Beli over guys like Walker and Johnson.

A rotation of:

PG-White
    SG-Johnson
    SF-DeRozan
    PF-MLE (Crowder?) or draft pick.
    C-Aldridge

Bench: Murray, Mills, Walker, Gay, Poeltl

Should be good enough to make the playoffs without much sweat I believe.
    1rnd exit

ddr should be out, add joe harris via FA and maybe we can get higher in PO. But it also depends who we gonna draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely. Although I could see a second round with a few things going our way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and even if it isn't, the Spurs would have no business giving up a third asset.

I don't think he really does. Most teams are set at "PG" and even those that think they can turn him into a 3 and D type, are they giving up value and paying him $4/64 million for the chance to find out?

White is definitely a better trade asset. Not only flat out better, but malleable.

Not bad at all. Think it'd have to definitively be Thomas instead of Brown Jr., but I'd consider pursuing 5 even if Avdija is gone. Hayes/Haliburton are interesting.
    -I think it's going to take another season of meh play for team's to realize that Murray isn't worth that contract. Even still, Murray playing extended minutes could put up some eye-popping numbers across the board. Team's may no may not be smarter than not to fall for that.

-Yeah, White's cheap deal plus the ability to negotiate his next deal definitely makes him a better asset, not to mention that he's been playing great in the bubble.

-That trade, while definitely possible, would be very bold, likely bolder than something they would actually do. They could definitely still do the Aldridge to Miami trade though. I think the way White's playing would make it harder for PATFO to move him unless they think that top 5 pick nets them a future star.

I think Avdija is the most likely to fit that bill and be on the board. I do like Hayes's game; he looks like a very good play-maker, defender and has improved as a shooter, but if White's this type of player going forward I don't know about trading White to draft Hayes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -I think it's going to take another season of meh play for team's to realize that Murray isn't worth that contract. Even still, Murray playing extended minutes could put up some eye-popping numbers across the board. Team's may no may not be smarter than not to fall for that.

-Yeah, White's cheap deal plus the ability to negotiate his next deal definitely makes him a better asset, not to mention that he's been playing great in the bubble.

-That trade, while definitely possible, would be very bold, likely bolder than something they would actually do. They could definitely still do the Aldridge to Miami trade though. I think the way White's playing would make it harder for PATFO to move him unless they think that top 5 pick nets them a future star.

I think Avdija is the most likely to fit that bill and be on the board. I do like Hayes's game; he looks like a very good play-maker, defender and has improved as a shooter, but if White's this type of player going forward I don't know about trading White to draft Hayes.
    Maybe, but his contract will only get more difficult to move in this scenario. They need to try to get out in front of it and kill 2 birds with one stone (rid themselves of him and get another play maker who's at least a willing volume 3-point shooter) with the type of trade I proposed.

Counting stats don't matter, fit and role do. A perimeter player who can't create or shoot and is low IQ is useless offensively.

I meant they'd trade Murray in that proposal. White, I can't see it at this point. Even if they see star potential Avdija or Hayes (Halburton's ceiling is probably elite role player), they'd also have to still believe in Murray being something of consequence and that's a combination that's difficult to believe.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    We don't want Aldridge back so put a stop to this nonsense now, please.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I don't know. Dame has to be pretty fed up and is getting to the age where he can't afford to waste another year.
    he just dropped 61 points tonight. He's got some time left...lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think Rudy has upped his trade value Spurs should definitely take and make calls for him I am looking at Boston’s 25th pick, or Philly”s 22nd pick, or maybe Nets 19th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but his contract will only get more difficult to move in this scenario. They need to try to get out in front of it and kill 2 birds with one stone (rid themselves of him and get another play maker who's at least a willing volume 3-point shooter) with the type of trade I proposed.

Counting stats don't matter, fit and role do. A perimeter player who can't create or shoot and is low IQ is useless offensively.

I meant they'd trade Murray in that proposal. White, I can't see it at this point. Even if they see star potential Avdija or Hayes (Halburton's ceiling is probably elite role player), they'd also have to still believe in Murray being something of consequence and that's a combination that's difficult to believe.
    So something like:

Detroit Gets: 11th Pick, 23rd pick, Murray, Silva

Miami Gets: Aldridge, Thomas

San Antonio Gets: Olynyk & the 5th pick

I have mixed feelings about that type of trade. Spurs would essentially be trading Murray, Aldridge, and 11 for the 5th pick. Do I think Murray is great? No, but I don't like the idea of essentially rerouting an asset (the 23rd pick) as sweetener for Detroit to take him on.

I think he'd net a late first rather than requiring a late first for another team to take him on. Teams are probably chalking up his play to missing his entire 3rd season and then the four month stoppage in play this season. If Murray continues to play like he's played, then after next season that could very well mean that teams start viewing him as a negative asset however.

Obviously their are upsides too, like that is that the Spurs get off of Murray and his probable bad deal before it even starts. They'd also keep White, who has an outside shot at becoming a star, and possibly Avdija, also possibly a future star.

Not to mention moving Aldridge allows for them to continue with the Poeltl/ Eubanks center core. They've played well and could probably be re-signed and back next season, for a salaries less than half of what LMA will make.

I think it's almost as unlikely, however, that PATFO would trade Murray as they would White-which doesn't make a lot of sense but that's how they tend to operate.
    Last edited by cd021; 08-12-2020 at 05:10 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So something like:

Detroit Gets: 11th Pick, 23rd pick, Murray, Silva

Miami Gets: Aldridge, Thomas

San Antonio Gets: Olynyk & the 5th pick

I have mixed feelings about that type of trade. Spurs would essentially be trading Murray, Aldridge, and 11 for the 5th pick. Do I think Murray is great? No, but I don't like the idea of essentially rerouting an asset (the 23rd pick) as sweetener for Detroit to take him on.

I think he'd net a late first rather than requiring a late first for another team to take him on. Teams are probably chalking up his play to missing his entire 3rd season and then the four month stoppage in play this season. If Murray continues to play like he's played, then after next season that could very well mean that teams start viewing him as a negative asset however.

Obviously their are upsides too, like that is that the Spurs get off of Murray and his probable bad deal before it even starts. They'd also keep White, who has an outside shot at becoming a star, and possibly Avdija, also possibly a future star.

Not to mention moving Aldridge allows for them to continue with the Poeltl/ Eubanks center core. They've played well and could probably be re-signed and back next season, for a salaries less than half of what LMA will make.

I think it's almost as unlikely, however, that PATFO would trade Murray as they would White-which doesn't make a lot of sense but that's how they tend to operate.
    I view it like this . . .

- Aldridge is clearly walking in a year, if not traded before then. As we've discussed, he's probably worth one decent asset.

- With Murray, adding 23 isn't to find a taker for him, it's to get to 5 (plus they'd get Brown, a same aged, similar replacement), because I don't think Murray and 11 does it.

- Avdija, Hayes or Haliburton, would theoretically add the much needed play making and in the case of the first two, seeming puncher's chance at a star upside.

- Olynyk would pave the way for Poeltl to start, while replacing Aldridge as a stretch five.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I view it like this . . .

- Aldridge is clearly walking in a year, if not traded before then. As we've discussed, he's probably worth one decent asset.

- With Murray, adding 23 isn't to find a taker for him, it's to get to 5 (plus they'd get Brown, a same aged, similar replacement), because I don't think Murray and 11 does it.

- Avdija, Hayes or Haliburton, would theoretically add the much needed play making and in the case of the first two, seeming puncher's chance at a star upside.

- Olynyk would pave the way for Poeltl to start, while replacing Aldridge as a stretch five.
    In that case, I think trading Murray would be better than trading White. Though I don't think they'd even actually consider doing so until after next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty nice trade I would definitely do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In that case, I think trading Murray would be better than trading White. Though I don't think they'd even actually consider doing so until after next season.
    I agree with trading Murray over White but, I just don't see Detroit giving up their top pick. I think we'd be looking at a straight trade with Miami and either trading Murray in a separate deal somewhere or trying to include him to Miami in a larger deal that brought back Herro (doubt they would include herro though).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like LMA, and now that he's stretching the floor with the 3 ball, he's a far better option than anything else we can put out there at center. Let LMA and DDR run with all the youth, get rid of Forbes, give Mills back his towel waving duties, get a decent SF/PF, and the Spurs will be fine.

Thread Information