Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most everyone but the P5 and American Athletic Cnference will cancel early then those will also cancel until we're down to a series of home and homes between Texas A&M and Liberty University.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just watch what is going to happen. There will be a token compromise. The players that don't like it will be replaced. People will still buy tickets and watch TV to root for their school. Life will go on.
    We'll see. There may not be any college football next year either if COVID-19 sticks around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see. There may not be any college football next year either if COVID-19 sticks around.
    I was actually talking about post covid. Should have specified. I dont see how they can safely have a season this fall.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    are you re ed? That’s like saying “if NBA players want to kneel during the anthem, just replace them with guys who play in the G-League, the games will be just as compe ive and people will still watch!”
    Major difference between professional and college sports

Professional has little connection to the city. Star players are a fixture for extended period of time. Coaches come and go.

College sports is about the schools, traditions and pageantry. The rivalries. Players come and go. Coaches are a fixture for extended period of time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also college football is terrible.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Major difference between professional and college sports

Professional has little connection to the city. Star players are a fixture for extended period of time. Coaches come and go.

College sports is about the schools, traditions and pageantry. The rivalries. Players come and go. Coaches are a fixture for extended period of time.
    The average FBS coach tenure is 3.8 years, and the average NFL coaching tenure is 4.3 years. I’m not sure what the point you’re trying to make is, but the characterization that college coaches are “fixtures” at their schools is unfounded and re ed.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If your team has ty players, fans aren’t going to care as much, regardless of tradition.
    Only a handful of teams have a shot at the CFB playoff every season. Except for the bandwagon fans of the major programs, the rest aren't really watching for that. Many are former students and/or their children currently attend. When they attend games it is a trip down memory lane to places and people they grew up with.

Professional is entirely commercialized. There is an understanding you are there to consume the fastest and strongest.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The average FBS coach tenure is 3.8 years, and the average NFL coaching tenure is 4.3 years. I’m not sure what the point you’re trying to make is, but the characterization that college coaches are “fixtures” at their schools is unfounded and re ed.
    In College sports, in many cases the coach is the face of the program. I can only think of one such case in the NFL (or most the domestic sports)

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Only a handful of teams have a shot at the CFB playoff every season. Except for the bandwagon fans of the major programs, the rest aren't really watching for that. Many are former students and/or their children currently attend. When they attend games it is a trip down memory lane to places and people they grew up with.

Professional is entirely commercialized. There is an understanding you are there to consume the fastest and strongest.
    the NCAA hasn’t commercialized football? Look at the TV deals the major conferences have signed in the last 10 years (in both college and the NFL stadium revenue is inconsequential compared to TV revenue). Or the apparel deals schools sign with Nike/Under Armour/etc. Texas A&M basically gave “tradition” the middle finger when it left the Big-12 for the SEC. The idea the NCAA values tradition over money is re ed even grading on a curve with the usual dumb you say.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    In College sports, in many cases the coach is the face of the program. I can only think of one such case in the NFL (or most the domestic sports)
    I thought you said they were a fixture and stayed longer than NFL coaches do. Are you now moving the goalposts to an extremely subjective argument that can’t be proven or disproven about coaches being the “face of the program”?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I’m sure when people watched Clemson last year it wasn’t so they could see Trevor Lawrence throw darts or Justyn Ross make great catches. It was definitely so they could watch Dabo Swinney on the sidelines.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If Nick Saban had 3 straight 0-12 seasons, he wouldn’t have to worry about getting fired because he’s the face of the program!
    When coaches at elite schools target the 4/5 star recruits and coaches at mediocre schools settle for 2/3 star recruits, it’s not because the 4-5 star recruits are more talented and better football players than the 2-3 star recruits, it’s because they have more tradition! When a recruit gets a 5 star grade it’s because scouts are enamored with all that tradition emanating from the recruit’s asshole. Every time a 5 star recruit farts the room he’s in is overwhelmed with tradition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your team has ty players, fans aren’t going to care as much, regardless of tradition.
    Well, you ARE in a Spurs forum.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    the NCAA hasn’t commercialized football? Look at the TV deals the major conferences have signed in the last 10 years (in both college and the NFL stadium revenue is inconsequential compared to TV revenue). Or the apparel deals schools sign with Nike/Under Armour/etc. Texas A&M basically gave “tradition” the middle finger when it left the Big-12 for the SEC. The idea the NCAA values tradition over money is re ed even grading on a curve with the usual dumb you say.
    Look, I get it. You're a fanboy kneeling at the legs of the precious athletes. College sports gameday is different. The schools are connected to the community. Your precious ball bouncer is just stopping by for a year or two and will soon be forgotten. Many fans don't even watch the game it is just an opportunity to meet for the tailgate with old friends.

NFL and NBA gameday is a scene from WWF. Random people with random team allegiance there to fanboy their fantasy player. Social rejects.

Return to actual student athletes and most fans of the sport would support. You always have the professional leagues to masterbate to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    STUPID FANBOYS LIKING THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF SPORT!

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Look, I get it. You're a fanboy kneeling at the legs of the precious athletes. College sports gameday is different. The schools are connected to the community. Your precious ball bouncer is just stopping by for a year or two and will soon be forgotten. Many fans don't even watch the game it is just an opportunity to meet for the tailgate with old friends.

NFL and NBA gameday is a scene from WWF. Random people with random team allegiance there to fanboy their fantasy player. Social rejects.

Return to actual student athletes and most fans of the sport would support. You always have the professional leagues to masterbate to.
    You didn’t respond to anything I said, just went off on some masterbatory narrative about how college gameday works. You didn’t even go to college either so not sure how you’d have any knowledge in that department

Return to the 1970s when college football actually was an amateur sport with student athletes and the schools go back to making as much money as they made in the 1970s. Revenue from college baseball (where athletes actually can go pro right out of high school so all the players actually are student athletes) is a drop in the bucket to revenue from college football.

The actual numbers and facts don’t agree with your completely subjective and unsupported made up narrative.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You didn’t respond to anything I said, just went off on some masterbatory narrative about how college gameday works. You didn’t even go to college either so not sure how you’d have any knowledge in that department

Return to the 1970s when college football actually was an amateur sport with student athletes and the schools go back to making as much money as they made in the 1970s. Revenue from college baseball (where athletes actually can go pro right out of high school so all the players actually are student athletes) is a drop in the bucket to revenue from college football.

The actual numbers and facts don’t agree with your completely subjective and unsupported made up narrative.
    - I have a STEM degree from American university. A school with ty athletics so you know the education is good.

- The increased revenue had little effect on fans. Facilities for players improve and coaching salaries increase. But a large portion of CFB money is also used at schools to prop up female sports.

- College baseball popularity is regional just like the Pro game.

People will still watch FSU vs Miami or Ohio State vs Michigan whether the field is full of en led 5star players or proud student athletes.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    STUPID FANBOYS LIKING THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF SPORT!
    And you have the Pro game for that. You can continue living vicariously wearing jerseys of guys half your age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you have the Pro game for that. You can continue living vicariously wearing jerseys of guys half your age.
    I don't wear jerseys, that's for kids.

You watch sports for colleges you didn't even go to.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    - I have a STEM degree from American university. A school with ty athletics so you know the education is good.

- The increased revenue had little effect on fans. Facilities for players improve and coaching salaries increase. But a large portion of CFB money is also used at schools to prop up female sports.

- College baseball popularity is regional just like the Pro game.

People will still watch FSU vs Miami or Ohio State vs Michigan whether the field is full of en led 5star players or proud student athletes.
    National TV networks aren’t paying billions of dollars for rights to broadcast college baseball.

I’m not sure if we’re arguing about the same thing. I don’t disagree there will always be interest at the local and regional level, I’m saying the national interest and billion dollar TV contracts go away without the marquee talent.

If it were up to me I’d be fine with unpaid college players if the NBA and NFL didn’t have rules about required age/years out of high school. There just needs to be a viable option where players aren’t required to play for free in order to get to the pros, I’m definitely not saying that option HAS to be the NCAA. The NBA/NFL shouldn’t be able to use college as a free minor league system to develop players.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    National TV networks aren’t paying billions of dollars for rights to broadcast college baseball.

I’m not sure if we’re arguing about the same thing. I don’t disagree there will always be interest at the local and regional level, I’m saying the national interest and billion dollar TV contracts go away without the marquee talent.

If it were up to me I’d be fine with unpaid college players if the NBA and NFL didn’t have rules about required age/years out of high school. There just needs to be a viable option where players aren’t required to play for free in order to get to the pros, I’m definitely not saying that option HAS to be the NCAA. The NBA/NFL shouldn’t be able to use college as a free minor league system to develop players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big 10, Pac 12 to cancel 2020 football season

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sec-acc-big-12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gym:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's what you social media warriors get. Shut it all down. Cause you know... the risk....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's what you social media warriors get. Shut it all down. Cause you know... the risk....
    thldren wrong again.

Must really hurt your ego.

Again.

Thread Information