Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It only takes a short period of time for everything to change. Very slippery slope. Look at Russia with the Bolsheviks, Mao Zedong in China in the late 50s, and Iran in 1979. Even ISIS's 2014 conquering of major territory in Iraq and Syria. happened virtually overnight.
    Yeah again all of those examples are irrational comparisons. You’ve fallen hook line sinker for the Fox News playbook of scaring people into turning America into a corporate oligarchy out of the irrational fear that it’s either a corporate oligarchy or becoming another USSR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo, and it's India's fault. Trump should have cracked down on India before tackling China. China could easily be handled by dispersing more factories across Southeast Asian countries, not just China, to provide more compe ion and less dependence on a communist second world superpower.

There isn't a lack of availability of talent. There are tens of thousands of US Citizen STEM grads each year who graduate without job offers in hand and are forced to go home and work menial jobs or take out expensive loans to get a master's degree that is essentially useless beyond its le. The IT consulting industry has ed up the numbers and it's gotten far too easy to get away with lying about experience if it's foreign experience because it's so expensive and time consuming for corporations to validate foreign industry experience (and education, for that matter) so they just go with the flow and take their word for it.

American workers who "generally lack experience" such as college grads should be PRIORITY candidates to fill these jobs. No US college grad left behind!! There needs to be a big fat regulation on this. If they don't have industry experience? Fine, train them!!! It's far less expensive to pay, say, a team of 25 less-experiences US Citizen grads $35 an hour starting pay, those who will generally show up from 9-5 and be much better socially, than a team of 15 $68 an hour (PLUS H1B sponsorship and relocation!!) dank foreign xenophobes with questionable accountability and verifiable experience, bad social skills, a thick accent and no regard for US culture.
    Come on man.. these companies are outsourcing so they can pay $20/hour, with no benefits, but they don't know there's this giant pool of college grads that would gladly work for $40/hour and instead decide to pay a more expensive $68/hour? Companies are not stupid, not that stupid anyways.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on man.. these companies are outsourcing so they can pay $20/hour, with no benefits, but they don't know there's this giant pool of college grads that would gladly work for $40/hour and instead decide to pay a more expensive $68/hour? Companies are not stupid, not that stupid anyways.
    they're treating foreign "corporate industry experience" as canon, which is a problem. Only U.S. industry experience should be considered. That puts a 40 year old dothead with a ty Indian college degree and whatever Indian IT experience on the same level as a 23 year old US Citizen entry level STEM graduate candidate. Which is only fair and correct, since we're talking about US-based US office jobs here.

The $20 an hour with no benefits is perfectly fine for offshore resources that can work remotely from offshore, since $20 an hour is filthy rich in India when you consider the conversion rate to rupees and the fact that $3 a night buys you a four-star hotel over there and 80 cents buys you a hooker or a nice dinner.

It just perpetuates the aristocratic caste system over there which wrecks both US and Indian society at once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they're treating foreign "corporate industry experience" as canon, which is a problem. Only U.S. industry experience should be considered. That puts a 40 year old dothead with a ty Indian college degree and whatever Indian IT experience on the same level as a 23 year old US Citizen entry level STEM graduate candidate. Which is only fair and correct, since we're talking about US-based US office jobs here.
    It doesn't work like that Andy... experience is a premium. Like I said, the US is not at the forefront here. It's unfortunate the kids here in the US come out from college with 200k in debt, only to have to work harder to learn that experience. That's just something broken in the private education system.

Most of these companies compete globally, not just in the US. Your notion of how economies work is just outdated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't work like that Andy... experience is a premium. Like I said, the US is not at the forefront here. It's unfortunate the kids here in the US come out from college with 200k in debt, only to have to work harder to learn that experience. That's just something broken in the private education system.

Most of these companies compete globally, not just in the US. Your notion of how economies work is just outdated.
    Offshore resources should be left offshore, not shipped into the US to stink up our offices and ruin our once-lively social atmosphere. It makes all of us non-Indians (minorities in the IT field) just want to exclusively work from home, even before COVID.

I don't mind the $20/hr resources paid offshore, since that's small money; though it's arguable and likely that they should get paid less than that, considering the conversion rate over there and the fact they don't have to travel or immigrate. But leave them offshore. Only hire U.S. Citizens for U.S. office jobs. Save American culture. The Indians just don't seem to give a about the "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" maxim... and that's a huge problem. Americans shouldn't have to assimilate to their ty caste culture ON U.S. SOIL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offshore resources should be left offshore, not shipped into the US to stink up our offices and ruin our once-lively social atmosphere. It makes all of us non-Indians (minorities in the IT field) just want to exclusively work from home, even before COVID.

I don't mind the $20/hr resources paid offshore, since that's small money; though it's arguable and likely that they should get paid less than that, considering the conversion rate over there and the fact they don't have to travel or immigrate. But leave them offshore. Only hire U.S. Citizens for U.S. office jobs. Save American culture. The Indians just don't seem to give a about the "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" maxim... and that's a huge problem. Americans shouldn't have to assimilate to their ty caste culture ON U.S. SOIL.
    A company that pays a guy $1m but he makes $20m for the company are much more important than your feelings, Andy. We live in a world where there's a measurable compe ive advantage between an experienced and inexperienced employee. c'est la vie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A company that pays a guy $1m but he makes $20m for the company are much more important than your feelings, Andy. We live in a world where there's a measurable compe ive advantage between an experienced and inexperienced employee. c'est la vie.
    And the Indians do a half-assed job. They show up at 10:30, take calls, respond to emails in funky English, work as slowly as possible, constantly push back deadlines, edit a few lines of code based on a new project requirement and they're done for their day. That's it. There isn't a single computer programmer who is solely responsible for $1M/year, let alone $20M of revenue/profit for any company. They're overpaid and deep down, everyone knows it.

Forget college STEM candidates. An ambitious, eager high school graduate with STEM ambitions even without a college degree can do a better job than those foreign dothead ers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half my friends are dirty Mexicans, and they would laugh their ass off, if I called them that. They'd have some choice insults for me, too. But, we're in our 50's-60's and don't GAF, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half my friends are dirty Mexicans, and they would laugh their ass off, if I called them that. They'd have some choice insults for me, too. But, we're in our 50's-60's and don't GAF, tbh.
    Older Hispanic dudes hate "woke" PC culture, in my experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not too long ago I dated a "dirty Mexican" in north Dallas named Monica who was fine, thin & fit even after having delivered 2 children... she didn't speak a word of English but she wouldn't stop screaming "ayyy guerito" with me inside of her.

Protip: The ultimate form of world dominance for a man is to conquer the world with your penis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Indians do a half-assed job. They show up at 10:30, take calls, respond to emails in funky English, work as slowly as possible, constantly push back deadlines, edit a few lines of code based on a new project requirement and they're done for their day. That's it. There isn't a single computer programmer who is solely responsible for $1M/year, let alone $20M of revenue/profit for any company. They're overpaid and deep down, everyone knows it.

Forget college STEM candidates. An ambitious, eager high school graduate with STEM ambitions even without a college degree can do a better job than those foreign dothead ers.
    Well, market self-corrects, right? I mean, outsourcing has been more or less a disaster in the IT area for a while now. That fad eventually went away. We'll see what happens with this stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Older Hispanic dudes hate "woke" PC culture, in my experience.
    yes sir. Quite conservative. Will Hurd's base. Was Quico Canseco's for a time. Bonilla's in the past. Not enough of them left, sadly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, market self-corrects, right? I mean, outsourcing has been more or less a disaster in the IT area for a while now. That fad eventually went away. We'll see what happens with this stuff.
    you hope so, but the problem is that too many of their *kind* have become entrenched in the HR systems responsible for the hiring and firing of such positions, and due to their large-scale systematic ethnocentricity, they're not likely to move away from fighting and budgeting to bring aboard as many of their own *people* as possible. Sadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you hope so, but the problem is that too many of their *kind* have become entrenched in the HR systems responsible for the hiring and firing of such positions, and due to their large-scale systematic ethnocentricity, they're not likely to move away from fighting and budgeting to bring aboard as many of their own *people* as possible. Sadly.
    You don't have to worry about it, Andy... it's probably one of the most compe ive marketplaces, alongside finance. There's little room for mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of my Hispanic buddies is over 80 years old and strong AF. I haven't visited him in a long time, since he's at risk group and his wife has cancer. Miss that dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of my Hispanic buddies is over 80 years old and strong AF. I haven't visited him in a long time, since he's at risk group and his wife has cancer. Miss that dude.
    Damn, god bless them... cancer tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't have to worry about it, Andy... it's probably one of the most compe ive marketplaces, alongside finance. There's little room for mistakes.
    That totally runs contrary to your earlier story of "literally they can't hire enough programmers so they have to get H1B's"... ahahahaha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, god bless them... cancer tbh.
    Yeah, he's good, but wife has lung cancer. Sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That totally runs contrary to your earlier story of "literally they can't hire enough programmers so they have to get H1B's"... ahahahaha.
    Because I don't see the story you're telling here in America, and I've been working in this field, in the US, for well over 25 years. So I rather not argue, you really have no idea what you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah but they got that liberal arts degree in studies and radio/TV. They are set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but they got that liberal arts degree in studies and radio/TV. They are set.
    hey, I was talking about CS degrees....

Plus, what he wants is straight up communism, tbh... if you're American and you studied in America, you're suddenly en led to a high paying job?

Sounds like Andy got a ty job out of school coz he sucks, and is envious of Apu Nahasapeemapetilon making more money than him... what happened with bootstraps, etc?...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey, I was talking about CS degrees....

Plus, what he wants is straight up communism, tbh... if you're American and you studied in America, you're suddenly en led to a high paying job?

Sounds like Andy got a ty job out of school coz he sucks, and is envious of Apu Nahasapeemapetilon making more money than him... what happened with bootstraps, etc?...
    STEM degrees in general.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "ICE is cruel even in “normal” times.

But during a pandemic?

The agency’s contempt for the human beings they detain really shines through.

ICE is spraying the people they’re taking into custody with

toxic disinfectant chemicals,

leading to rashes, bloody mucus, and chemical inhalation.

They’re basically taking Trump’s suggestion for people to inject bleach literally.

--Mike Phelan, Progress America

================

Immigrants, advocates, members of Congress decry chemical use at ICE facility in Adelanto

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news...to/3273095001/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I don't see the story you're telling here in America, and I've been working in this field, in the US, for well over 25 years. So I rather not argue, you really have no idea what you're talking about.
    You are just now figuring that out?

Thread Information