Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The balls were a bit weightier then, too. It had a significant effect on percentages.
    Bend over, I'll show you some weightier balls of significant percentage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be another Gordon Hayward at best. The NBA has real athletes now, not a bunch of plumbers and accountants for Bird to pad his stats against (while playing on mega-stacked teams).
    That a why draymond green is some kind of defender of the century.

Paul George being sobbed by Ingles and associates.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    at those who think that 90's Jordan's Bulls would constantly beat Showtime Lakers, Bird's Celtics and Bad Boy Pistons. If these Bulls played in the 80's, Jordan would be lucky to have 2 rings let alone 6.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    at those who think that 90's Jordan's Bulls would constantly beat Showtime Lakers, Bird's Celtics and Bad Boy Pistons. If these Bulls played in the 80's, Jordan would be lucky to have 2 rings let alone 6.
    this

or that they would constantly beat

big 3 spurs, big 3 lakers, big 3 celtics in the mid to late 00s
    the big 4 spurs, bron heat and kd/russ thunder in the early 10s
    the bron cavs and steph/kd warriors of the mid-late 10s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    this

or that they would constantly beat

big 3 spurs, big 3 lakers, big 3 celtics in the mid to late 00s
    the big 4 spurs, bron heat and kd/russ thunder in the early 10s
    the bron cavs and steph/kd warriors of the mid-late 10s

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    beating a 73 win team in the finals means you are no slouch of a team. not to mention had injuries not plagued them in 2015, or had the kd move not happened, they may well have won 2-3 championships. not saying they would have 100% beaten the bulls, but we can't just reason the bulls beat them without effort. then again, reasoning when LeBron is involved in a discussion isn't your strong suit

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take Pippen's Bulls over Kyrie's Cavs, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not 1 SF today possesses Bird's basketball IQ which is what made him better than everyone else. Only player i have seen on par with Bird in that department was Tim Duncan.
    both are great but this is hyperbole.
    Duncan is greater than Bird overall but not peak ...Bird had the greater peak Duncan the better. Career

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both are great but this is hyperbole.
    Duncan is greater than Bird overall but not peak ...Bird had the greater peak Duncan the better. Career
    I'll take peak Bird over peak Duncan.

But damn, peak Duncan was destroying the Shaq Lakers dynasty and getting a quadruple double in the finals.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    zhugelianges

Years back there was perfect video of the McHale vs Olajuwon 86 finals match-up. It was like 27 minutes or something; it was comprehensive and very well done. But then it disappeared from YT.

If you're looking for a project, I suggest that one. That was more of an epic match-up than people realize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    zhugelianges

Years back there was perfect video of the McHale vs Olajuwon 86 finals match-up. It was like 27 minutes or something; it was comprehensive and very well done. But then it disappeared from YT.

If you're looking for a project, I suggest that one. That was more of an epic match-up than people realize.
    Yep I remember that video

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep I remember that video
    Yea, not sure if I'm misremembering the time or not. But it was dang good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, not sure if I'm misremembering the time or not. But it was dang good.
    Post moves greatness

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post moves greatness
    It was amazing. McHale's moves were better of course. But even young Hakeem had some impressive moves that complimented GOAT post player McHale. You could see where Hakeem later stole all his moves from. Media never likes to mention that. They act like Hakeem is a grand wizard who invented all his moves.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It was amazing. McHale's moves were better of course. But even young Hakeem had some impressive moves that complimented GOAT post player McHale. You could see where Hakeem later stole all his moves from. Media never likes to mention that. They act like Hakeem is a grand wizard who invented all his moves.
    Mchale didn't invent them too. Post moves aren't some secret weapon.

Their styles were different too. I feel like Mchale had bigger array of moves. Up and under was his go-to move. He hit more creative and tougher shots inside.

Hakeem's post game was more spin-based although he used up and under often. He used dream shake. He also had slightly quicker fadeway (and more range with it).

Don't know who had better post game.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Mchale's post game was more like classic, traditional; Hakeem's post game was unique, unorthodox, if that's make any sense.

That's why I don't think that Hakeem stole anything. His game was unique

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mchale didn't invent them too. Post moves aren't some secret weapon.

Their styles were different too. I feel like Mchale had bigger array of moves. Up and under was his go-to move. He hit more creative and tougher shots inside.

Hakeem's post game was more spin-based although he used up and under often. He used dream shake. He also had slightly quicker fadeway (and more range with it).

Don't know who had better post game.
    The way McHale did it; his moves were pretty much an invention. Of course he wasn't the first to ever do a pivot or up and unders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem was more raw back then but for a sop re who started playing bball only a few years earlier he already had some nice post moves and even hit a few of his great fadeaway turnaround jumpers in Parish’s face

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information