Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Larry Bird 1986 Playoffs Highlights - G.O.A.T.!" is a offense and defense highlights compilation I made for One of the Greatest Small Forwards Ever, Larry Bird, in his playoffs run in 1986. It includes the very specific post moves in low post by Prime Larry Bird and large amount of great passes and ball fakes for Larry Bird during one of the Greatest NBA playoffs performance in the NBA (in 1986) so far.

Larry Bird is clearly one of the Greatest....

3-peat MVP
    winning MVP and FMVP at the same time in 1986
    in finals posting nearly 24+10+10 with 50% FG%
    clearly insane

Hope you enjoy the video. If you like my video, please share the video and subscribe to my channel.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent. Always like seeing real hoop.

Too bad Stern took out the Rockets after 86.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent. Always like seeing real hoop.

Too bad Stern took out the Rockets after 86.
    Gotta protect that Hollywood $$$$$$$$&$$

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slow as , slow release would get packed into the 3rd row

No long defenders in those days, they had Dominique falling down defending him. No way he gets that kind of space against guys even like Pat Beverly much less Kawhi/Paul George etc

Basically the game back then was shooting guards and centers. No small forwards doing what they do now.

Put Doncic in that NBA and he dominates more than Bird.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No long defenders in those days, they had Dominique falling down defending him. No way he gets that kind of space against guys even like Pat Beverly much less Kawhi/Paul George etc

Basically the game back then was shooting guards and centers. No small forwards doing what they do now.

Actually with his 3 pt shooting and passing abilities Bird would thrive in today’s NBA

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did you just say Patrick Beverly gonna stop Larry Bird?
    Jordan tried. He got owned.

And Dennis Rodman / Scottie Pippen were better defenders in the post than Kawhi / George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually with his 3 pt shooting and passing abilities Bird would thrive in today’s NBA
    No doubt Bird would be good today. But just another one of the good SFs. There are many like him now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you just say Patrick Beverly gonna stop Larry Bird?
    Jordan tried. He got owned.

And Dennis Rodman / Scottie Pippen were better defenders in the post than Kawhi / George.
    Jordan’s defense was overrated. But put a Pippen type on him, someone that’s as tall as him and probably faster, and he wouldn’t get his shot off. Someone like KD or Kawhi would eat him up

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    put a Pippen type on him, someone that’s as tall as him and probably faster, and he wouldn’t get his shot off. Someone like KD or Kawhi would eat him up
    They did. Pippen. And he couldn't shut down old injured Bird for that matter.
    Bird would tear KD or Kawhi a new one, bruh. Especially KD.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan’s defense was overrated.
    He's arguably the best one-on-one defender of players 6'6" and under.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Somebody here doesn't play compe ive basketball...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan’s defense was overrated. But put a Pippen type on him, someone that’s as tall as him and probably faster, and he wouldn’t get his shot off. Someone like KD or Kawhi would eat him up
    I don't know if you are trolling or if you are serious but Bird had some good games against Pippen when he was past his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TOSB Bird even scored a game winner on the road in both Pippen and Jordan’s faces

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No doubt Bird would be good today. But just another one of the good SFs. There are many like him now
    Not 1 SF today possesses Bird's basketball IQ which is what made him better than everyone else. Only player i have seen on par with Bird in that department was Tim Duncan.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not 1 SF today possesses Bird's basketball IQ which is what made him better than everyone else. Only player i have seen on par with Bird in that department was Tim Duncan.
    I have them top two with Bird having the edge.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you don't understand is that the NBA wasn't soft back then. Doncic wouldn't have the free reign to chuck.
    And if he tried to, his 3 percentage would be way down.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Not 1 SF today possesses Bird's basketball IQ which is what made him better than everyone else.
    i think other players have comparable basketball iq, including lebron and cp3 (although not a sf)

i think what set him apart, was that along with the iq, bird had the best approach to the game ive ever seen, in terms of the proper balance between taking over the scoring load and creating for others at the right times. timmy and luka (although early for him) are probably the only other players ive seen with the balance of those two things that bird had.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    What you don't understand is that the NBA wasn't soft back then
    not sure what this has to do with luka, especially since absolutely nothing about him is soft (unless youre talking about complaining, which has nothing to do with being soft, as opposed to the fact that he doesnt get calls that any other decent player gets)

Doncic wouldn't have the free reign to chuck.
    And if he tried to, his 3 percentage would be way down.
    "chucking" is much of the reason his 3pt % isnt great. if he just stuck to taking open spot up 3s, his 3pt% would likely be much better, but the threat of the step-back makes defenders have an even harder time figuring him out and help him tremendously when trying to create space against more athletic defenders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if you are trolling or if you are serious but Bird had some good games against Pippen when he was past his prime.

way to cherry pick examples when Bird was an NBA golden boy and Pippen was a brand new rookie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think other players have comparable basketball iq, including lebron and cp3 (although not a sf)

i think what set him apart, was that along with the iq, bird had the best approach to the game ive ever seen, in terms of the proper balance between taking over the scoring load and creating for others at the right times. timmy and luka (although early for him) are probably the only other players ive seen with the balance of those two things that bird had.
    KD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD what? I know you're not putting Mr. Iso ball out there as a high iq player. The dude was ing about running an actual system that required him to screen and cut and play off-ball. The Thunder got routinely exposed because all Westbrook and KD know how to do is dribble dribble shoot.

I will say this about Bird, his passing game is really what separates him from other SFs (not including Lebron). And yes I know Pip was a "point forward" but he still wasn't as good at it as ol Larry. Nobody had a better pass fake than Larry and that led to so many easy buckets. That's part of what made him so hard to guard, the dude was tall af, could shoot like no other, post up, shoot with either hand, and played so unselfishly that opponents didn't know if he was going to pass or shoot. Everyone s on his athleticism, but when you got all the other parts of his game along with a brain that just understands everything, it's beautiful to watch man. Just like Timmy down in the post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD what? I know you're not putting Mr. Iso ball out there as a high iq player. The dude was ing about running an actual system that required him to screen and cut and play off-ball. The Thunder got routinely exposed because all Westbrook and KD know how to do is dribble dribble shoot.

I will say this about Bird, his passing game is really what separates him from other SFs (not including Lebron). And yes I know Pip was a "point forward" but he still wasn't as good at it as ol Larry. Nobody had a better pass fake than Larry and that led to so many easy buckets. That's part of what made him so hard to guard, the dude was tall af, could shoot like no other, post up, shoot with either hand, and played so unselfishly that opponents didn't know if he was going to pass or shoot. Everyone s on his athleticism, but when you got all the other parts of his game along with a brain that just understands everything, it's beautiful to watch man. Just like Timmy down in the post.
    Bird's passing is amazing

The only modern player who reminds me of Bird in that area is Jokic; his assists are really carbon copies of Bird's it's uncanny

Thread Information