Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Pop, this is the land of the free...you are free to donate to, vote for, and speak about whatever you want, just as those other fellas are. Plus, they are under no obligation to speak about any subject. Pop is acting like a whiny, judgemental liberal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to put some historical perspective on things.
    Malcolm X said: “The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have. If the Negro wasn’t taken, tricked or deceived by the white liberal, then Negros would get together and solve our own problems. I only cite these things to show you that in America, the history of the white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make Negros think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems. Our problems will never be solved by the white man.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to put some historical perspective on things.
    Malcolm X said: “The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have. If the Negro wasn’t taken, tricked or deceived by the white liberal, then Negros would get together and solve our own problems. I only cite these things to show you that in America, the history of the white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make Negros think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems. Our problems will never be solved by the white man.”
    He's saying that cowardly white liberals that aren't actual allies are no different than their actual conservative racist. oppressors. MLK, and other civil rights leaders all said the same thing. It was, and is, undeniable.

They were both (referencing MLK and X) sick of having white ppl and politicians tell them they agreed with their fight but whom were unwilling to act or stick their necks out, or lend their voices to making change. It's why we are still here in 2020. He is NOT saying liberals = bad; conservatives = good. Far from it. He's saying the white liberals are functionally as bad as the out and out racists, and folks aligned against progress and equality (as acted out on policy grounds by conservatives).

The only true ally MLK and Malcolm X and the civil rights actors had outside of their black activists and citizens were actual progressives willing to do the hard and dangerous work like they were doing (including the relatively few white progressives that matched and sat in with them).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's saying that cowardly white liberals that aren't actual allies are no different than their actual conservative racist. oppressors. MLK, and other civil rights leaders all said the same thing. It was, and is, undeniable.

They were both (referencing MLK and X) sick of having white ppl and politicians tell them they agreed with their fight but whom were unwilling to act or stick their necks out, or lend their voices to making change. It's why we are still here in 2020. He is NOT saying liberals = bad; conservatives = good. Far from it. He's saying the white liberals are functionally as bad as the out and out racists, and folks aligned against progress and equality (as acted out on policy grounds by conservatives).

The only true ally MLK and Malcolm X and the civil rights actors had outside of their black activists and citizens were actual progressives willing to do the hard and dangerous work like they were doing (including the relatively few white progressives that matched and sat in with them).
    Macolm X said, “There are many whites who are trying to solve the problem. But, you never see them going under the label of liberals. The White American who identifies as a liberal is the most ‘dangerous’ and ‘deceitful’ thing in the Western Hemisphere."
    That takes me to the point that real reform for the black population is not about money from Apple or Google going to a group or tossing statues in a river. It is about good paying jobs and the education to do those jobs. It is about management opportunities at the highest level in these high level liberal businesses that think they can buy their way out. That is how you apply what Malcom X said then to today. Nothing has changed. You will never be truly woke until you can see this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Macolm X said, “There are many whites who are trying to solve the problem. But, you never see them going under the label of liberals. The White American who identifies as a liberal is the most ‘dangerous’ and ‘deceitful’ thing in the Western Hemisphere."
    That takes me to the point that real reform for the black population is not about money from Apple or Google going to a group or tossing statues in a river. It is about good paying jobs and the education to do those jobs. It is about management opportunities at the highest level in these high level liberal businesses that think they can buy their way out. That is how you apply what Malcom X said then to today. Nothing has changed. You will never be truly woke until you can see this.
    Agreed. Nothing will change until the white ppl that own and control the power structures make it change.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Malcom made those statements the climate in society was totally different. It is refreshing to see these youngsters ( of all ethnicities )dragging the USA into the promise of America. Black people weren’t brought here to be citizens; it’s a testament to progress that some have done the right things out of morality/humanity vs seeking economic gain. Most people resisting change know nothing about black people contributions or our historical hardships inflicted by those who would like to rewrite history. Enjoy and embrace our differences as individuals ; stop contributing to foolishness of divisiveness ideology.

Thread Information