Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is going to be interesting to follow. Pretty much everyone put this out both on Twitter and Instagram.

I’m proud of these young men! I’m a 41 year old black man who’s father wasn’t allowed to attend the University of Texas because Darell Royal didn’t recruit black players in the early to mid 60’s. My father was so bitter towards UT and often told us stories about racism in the Austin area. My cousin William Brooks went OU because Darrel Royal didn’t recruit him and won 2 national les. I love the Horns program despite all of the past transgressions and these young guys are the future. Change gon come OH yes it will!

yeah, let's destroy Americanism because of hurt feelings BEFORE you were even born - geez.

TFLOSS, you allow postings that are not recruiting based and are inherently political but you dont want political discussions unless it is one sided.

I would challenged a privileged athlete getting a FREE education at a premier university to give me a list of "systemic racism"

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yeah, let's destroy Americanism because of hurt feelings BEFORE you were even born - geez.

TFLOSS, you allow postings that are not recruiting based and are inherently political but you dont want political discussions unless it is one sided.

I would challenged a privileged athlete getting a FREE education at a premier university to give me a list of "systemic racism"
    Well go challenge them then. You need directions?

No empathy! I can only imagine how my father felt. My bad Floss!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I’m proud of these young men! I’m a 41 year old black man who’s father wasn’t allowed to attend the University of Texas because Darell Royal didn’t recruit black players in the early to mid 60’s. My father was so bitter towards UT and often told us stories about racism in the Austin area. My cousin William Brooks went OU because Darrel Royal didn’t recruit him and won 2 national les. I love the Horns program despite all of the past transgressions and these young guys are the future. Change gon come OH yes it will!
    Can you give us your perspective as to why change the Eyes? I sang through it twice to see if I could figure out the issue, I'm at a loss. Is the the reference to Gabriel or is it the melody from I've been working on the railroad?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Can you give us your perspective as to why change the Eyes? I sang through it twice to see if I could figure out the issue, I'm at a loss. Is the the reference to Gabriel or is it the melody from I've been working on the railroad?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LiberalAr...80000%3Fs%3D21

Post Count
    From everything ive seen and learning the history behind it, I think the issues stem from its origination more than anything else. Apparently, it was inspired from Robert E. Lee and the eyes of the south are upon you (i did not know that) and was first performed by individuals in blackface. Plus you have the potential of working on the railroad melody. The words themselves do not racial overtones to them. At least that's what I've learned about the eyes of Texas.

Everything i stated is explained a lot better in the link Kermit provided.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    "Change the world"

Right, with that little liberal arts/communications degree of yours.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Now we have negative opinions on a recruiting Thread!!

go away!!!

Adm McRaven had a degree in?
    Last edited by Vdem; 06-13-2020 at 10:12 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Please post any relevant political updates and debate in here, not in the recruiting thread.

FYI I won't be moderating this, so please don't participate if you aren't prepared.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Please post any relevant political updates and debate in here, not in the recruiting thread.

FYI I won't be moderating this, so please don't participate if you aren't prepared.

stfu got u liberal cuck
    Last edited by playblair; 06-15-2020 at 07:22 PM.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    When the concussion controversy took hold, some proclaimed the sport in trouble. Roughly 10 years later there is kneeling and now talk at the College level of recruits avoiding programs that do not "support SJW policies".

Look at the big picture. American football is dying. Participation is down and viewers will again decrease with what is socially brewing at the Pro level. When the sport was in need of a boost, there is now politics to discuss.

The youth in America is increasingly group-think if not outright close minded. I was reading an outlet and posters reaction to Gundy's shirt is "this is about more than just a shirt". Ofcourse. Anything and everything is connected to centuries ago. The fact these are College students is alarming. Uneducated doesn't apply to them.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 06-15-2020 at 07:49 PM.

My Team
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    Post Count
    The youth in America is increasingly group-think if not outright close minded. I was reading an outlet and posters reaction to Gundy's shirt is "this is about more than just a shirt". Ofcourse. Anything and everything is connected to centuries ago. The fact these are College students is alarming. Uneducated doesn't apply to them.
    Was it RJ Young?

Post Count
    Heard on 104.9 that Mike Gundy may be gone before the end of weekend.
    Well, that would be disheartening and bit drastic. I guess I don't know much about Gundy and his past to know if this is an anomaly or repeated behavior. I just know he is a damn fine football coach and repeatedly gets the maximum from perceived lesser talent.
    Last edited by texbound; 06-16-2020 at 03:54 PM.

This IS political. And I support him in quitting. this pandering to students cant go on

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    Heard on 104.9 that Mike Gundy may be gone before the end of weekend.
    Good.

This is NOT good; it's moronic. A player might get a coach fired because he wears a T-shirt that has a conservative website logo? seriously ? this is good?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is NOT good; it's moronic. A player might get a coach fired because he wears a T-shirt that has a conservative website logo? seriously ? this is good?
    If dude is being racist and ty to current and former players, as is being alleged, this isn't a single incident sparking it.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    ive always respected u trill but this blm ish is fooking bull.........black lives dont seem to matter in chiraq.......u as a black man should know first hand how blacks will commit crimes & resist arrest

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Genuinely not upset, just don't understand how anyone thinks this thread has ever been political or I'm favoring certain people.

The only dude I ever have a problem with shall not be named.

All good, and I'm working on moving things around now that I'm actually online.
    fucc u u liberal cuck go be a snowflake with ur cuck buddies on hornsports

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    It's bigger than the t shirt

If dude is being racist and ty to current and former players, as is being alleged, this isn't a single incident sparking it.
    Then that should be why he is being fired. Wearing a T-shirt isnt even a blip on the screen and THIS t-shirt is not racist at all. Liberals are the LEAST tolerant people around and can not accept a different opinion. It's absurd that this is even an issue.

It's bigger than the t shirt
    no it's not. and, black guys can not say that every time someone disagrees with them. that shows a very weak mind
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 06-16-2020 at 05:45 PM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ive always respected u trill but this blm ish is fooking bull.........black lives dont seem to matter in chiraq.......u as a black man should know first hand how blacks will commit crimes & resist arrest
    bury your head in some azz and forget about it!

Thread Information