We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    And then Durant left the Thunder to join the Warriors. Still can't believe that. What a pussy ass beta .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and then Golden State took a page out of OKC's book a few weeks later

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last great season in NBA history. The golden era, 2011-2016, there will never be anything like it again.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The last great season in NBA history. The golden era, 2011-2016, there will never be anything like it again.
    That's convenient

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's convenient
    Subtle..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about Durant is that the Warriors saved his legacy. I mean can anyone name a big shot that Durant made as a Thunder? Always seemed to me that he was happy deferring in the 4th to Westbrook and even Harden in his younger days. I know he hit that shot in Lebron's grill but the Warriors really puffed him up. He didn't have to be a leader, he didn't have to worry about spacing, nobody is double teaming him.

What's sad is this is it for Durant's career. He will never average over 25 points again. His defense (not that he played much, he was a B defender at his peak) is also gone. He's going to miss 30+ games next year and the Nets will be nowhere near the top 4 seed. His game relies heavily on athleticism, even though people will argue otherwise, but it relies on a strong first step and a very sudden stop, strong push off from his achilles, and lift as he jumps to shoot. That takes a toll on your body, just ask Rudy Gay. He will make the All-Star team next year only on name recognition alone and that will be it. I put him above Garnett all time and somewhere in the 25-30 range.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh

everything after 2014 just sucked ass. the whole GSW thing was gotry as was LeBron being a and apologizing and going back to Cleveland instead of sticking to his initial Decision like a man.

the golden era of the NBA was in the early and mid 2000s when defenses reigned supreme.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about Durant is that the Warriors saved his legacy. I mean can anyone name a big shot that Durant made as a Thunder? Always seemed to me that he was happy deferring in the 4th to Westbrook and even Harden in his younger days. I know he hit that shot in Lebron's grill but the Warriors really puffed him up. He didn't have to be a leader, he didn't have to worry about spacing, nobody is double teaming him.
    oh there were a ton, but most of them came in the regular season.

2012 he was pretty ing clutch until the finals. Game 1 vs the defending champion Mavs... and game 4 vs your Lakers rings a bell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh there were a ton, but most of them came in the regular season.

2012 he was pretty ing clutch until the finals. Game 1 vs the defending champion Mavs... and game 4 vs your Lakers rings a bell.
    i mean if we are counting regular season as big shot moments the Roger Mason Jr is a top clutch Spur of all time
    All I remember of 2012 is Harden closing out the Spurs and Durant folding to Lebron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean if we are counting regular season as big shot moments the Roger Mason Jr is a top clutch Spur of all time
    All I remember of 2012 is Harden closing out the Spurs and Durant folding to Lebron
    Mason made a couple game winning shots in a real down year but he was benched the very next year because his shooting went down and he was pretty useless on defense and George Hill became established as the main 3rd guard in the rotation. That was an era where Pop liked to only play 8-9 players relevant minutes and the team hovered in the low 50s wins and the big 3 were always too tired for the playoffs because of too much regular season responsibility.

As far as 2012 WCF; Harden, Westy, Durant, Fisher, Daequan Cook all had big moments. It was a shootout; Duncan, Manu, Jackson, Parker were all fantastic on the other end. Both teams shot well; both teams played hard. It sucked that we lost that year especially after going up 2-0 and winning 20 in a row, the year having gone eerily similar to the other lockout shortened year (1999) it seemed we were the team of destiny and tore a real hole in my heart when we didn't win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah Roger Mason Jr

Good times

That year he made game winning 3s against the Lakers, then 2 on the road in Boston and Phoenix

Good times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah Roger Mason Jr

Good times

That year he made game winning 3s against the Lakers, then 2 on the road in Boston and Phoenix

Good times
    Drew Gooden year
    Ryan Hollins making Duncan his

also, the Mason game winner against the Lakers was an and-1 (ironically, against Derek Flopper) not an actual 3. But still a great moment in an otherwise down year.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rockets did ruin the league tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew Gooden year
    Ryan Hollins making Duncan his

also, the Mason game winner against the Lakers was an and-1 (ironically, against Derek Flopper) not an actual 3. But still a great moment in an otherwise down year.
    whoever told Mason to not do the Kobe cojones dance to get back at him

Edit : he also hit a game winner @ LA CLippers that year

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about Durant is that the Warriors saved his legacy.
    His legacy is beta .

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whoever told Mason to not do the Kobe cojones dance to get back at him

Edit : he also hit a game winner @ LA CLippers that year
    I forgot about that Clippers shot. When I saw that the first thing I thought of was Chris Paul's "clutch" assist to Gary Neal.

I also forgot that Ricky Davis () was on that Clippers team in 2009.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mason made a couple game winning shots in a real down year but he was benched the very next year because his shooting went down and he was pretty useless on defense and George Hill became established as the main 3rd guard in the rotation. That was an era where Pop liked to only play 8-9 players relevant minutes and the team hovered in the low 50s wins and the big 3 were always too tired for the playoffs because of too much regular season responsibility.

As far as 2012 WCF; Harden, Westy, Durant, Fisher, Daequan Cook all had big moments. It was a shootout; Duncan, Manu, Jackson, Parker were all fantastic on the other end. Both teams shot well; both teams played hard. It sucked that we lost that year especially after going up 2-0 and winning 20 in a row, the year having gone eerily similar to the other lockout shortened year (1999) it seemed we were the team of destiny and tore a real hole in my heart when we didn't win.
    Harden went HAM on Manu that year, and the Thunderref was real. No surprise they got destroyed by the Heatles after Harden cooled off after hitting all those bs step back 3s against us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden went HAM on Manu that year, and the Thunderref was real. No surprise they got destroyed by the Heatles after Harden cooled off after hitting all those bs step back 3s against us
    Manu was our best in that series though, at least offensively. (Manu > Duncan > Jackson > Parker and the rest of the team was complete trash.) And when they switched and it was Harden vs. Parker, it was a joke. Even Green couldn't stop Harden and Green was benched because his shot fell apart that series and he wasn't really a defensive advantage over Manu anymore in the starting lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder drafted b2b2b MVP players and have nothing to show for it. Impressive feat, tbh.

Remember that Thunder fan bigdog? Whatever happened to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What's sad is this is it for Durant's career. He will never average over 25 points again. His defense (not that he played much, he was a B defender at his peak) is also gone. He's going to miss 30+ games next year and the Nets will be nowhere near the top 4 seed. His game relies heavily on athleticism, even though people will argue otherwise, but it relies on a strong first step and a very sudden stop, strong push off from his achilles, and lift as he jumps to shoot. That takes a toll on your body, just ask Rudy Gay. He will make the All-Star team next year only on name recognition alone and that will be it. I put him above Garnett all time and somewhere in the 25-30 range.
    Durant destroyed the Cavaliers. He didn't just bury that shot, he walked it down and owned that moment. He did it the following year too. He took 2 MVPs from Steph in the process. He ended the Lebron James era in the East before Kawhi took his cookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder drafted b2b2b MVP players and have nothing to show for it. Impressive feat, tbh.

Hit by a big Karma

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot about that Clippers shot. When I saw that the first thing I thought of was Chris Paul's "clutch" assist to Gary Neal.

I also forgot that Ricky Davis () was on that Clippers team in 2009.

Another example of CP3 playing great game then getting cute at the end and losing. How many times did we see that ? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He’s still here posting under his main screen name tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s still here posting under his main screen name tbh
    Which is what?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Three prime MVPs on the same team.

Thread Information