Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets examine what you said:

At of all that, didn't shoot the three very well is the only one you can legitmately argue in comparison to other superstars. And we are also talking about the same guy who broke a Finals record for 3 pointers vs Portland. So he could shoot the 3, but it really wasn't a thing then, so he didn't. The other stuff you mentioned are either subjective and/or the kind of stuff that you could say about any other superstar.
    Blazers gave those threes open to Jordan because whenever they played defense they were racking up fouls. On most nights, it was a solid strategy. Spurs did the same thing with Lebron and the Heat in 2013. MJ had one night where they were going in is all. Even he shrugged like this doesn't normally happen.

And MJ did try to get his game up to win 3-point contests and miserably failed on multiple attempts. I think he made 4 one year and 5 the next or something like that.

Yea, I think MJ was a pretty good defender; but that doesn't make him over-rated when some people were saying he was the best, and he clearly wasn't.

Anyone who watched the Bulls in the 90's saw all the fake fouls. Were you even watching back then, or is that before your time? You really have no excuse to not know this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The officiating in game 1 of the 1992 Finals was a travesty, Drexler wasnít allowed to play defense on Jordan

A lot of BS phantom fouls, thatís why Jordan went off

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I was very much alive and well in the 90s.

Are you telling me Lebron and KD, today's stars , don't get all kinds of BS freebies, because you lose credibility if you are. Especially someone like Kobe who screamed HEEYY everytime someone played him close and got countless FT's as a result.

And then you have the spurs who have received preferential treatment from the refs for 20 years because they are scared of Popovich

And I never felt like MJ was the best defender. Pippen was better, imo. But if he wanted to lock you down, consider yourself shut down for that night.

Blazers gave those threes open to Jordan because whenever they played defense they were racking up fouls. On most nights, it was a solid strategy. Spurs did the same thing with Lebron and the Heat in 2013. MJ had one night where they were going in is all. Even he shrugged like this doesn't normally happen.

And MJ did try to get his game up to win 3-point contests and miserably failed on multiple attempts. I think he made 4 one year and 5 the next or something like that.

Yea, I think MJ was a pretty good defender; but that doesn't make him over-rated when some people were saying he was the best, and he clearly wasn't.

Anyone who watched the Bulls in the 90's saw all the fake fouls. Were you even watching back then, or is that before your time? You really have no excuse to not know this.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The officiating in game 1 of the 1992 Finals was a travesty, Drexler wasn’t allowed to play defense on Jordan

A lot of BS phantom fouls, that’s why Jordan went off
    Blazers were on the road.

No different than the sort of treatment the spurs have received from the refs for the past 2 decades in their own building. You have to overcome it. Clyde was a choker.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/mmlfiMDUTQ4?t=364

It's easier to be the G.O.A.T when you have refs in your pocket (cheap fts increase ppg and fg%).

Also, never forget about 1993, when Rockets were robbed in game 7 vs Seattle. Stern wanted Barkley vs Jordan for ratings. He got it.

Chuck and Jordan were saved from Hakeem, the real MVP and best player of 1993.

Thread Information