Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    MJ is still recognized as GOAT 2 decades after he quit playing. He was a total gym rat who transformed his game midway through his career. But somehow he wouldn't figure things out and elevate his 3 point shot. That part is hilarious. Even if he didn't have the greatest range and/or form he could find a sweet spot like Bowen did and hit a decent clip.

And BTW - I agree with Spurtacular. His form was not great....not much arc on his shot at times so this is why I do not think he would be an elite distance shooter. But 35-37% is feasible.

so where is the fact that mj would be a 35-37% career 3pt shooter in the modern nba?

but if they grew up in the 70s and 80s, to play in the 90s, whos to say they would be overly sensitive, skinny jean wearing, metrosexual instagram models? just like whos to say mj would be a good 3pt shooter if he grew up later and played in the modern league? or that he wouldn't also be one of those same guys?

double standards.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    MJ is still recognized as GOAT 2 decades after he quit playing. He was a total gym rat who transformed his game midway through his career. But somehow he wouldn't figure things out and elevate his 3 point shot. That part is hilarious. Even if he didn't have the greatest range and/or form he could find a sweet spot like Bowen did and hit a decent clip.
    when did i say he wouldnt?

And BTW - I agree with Spurtacular. His form was not great....not much arc on his shot at times so this is why I do not think he would be an elite distance shooter. But 35-37% is feasible.
    i agree too. i never disagreed. you clearly are not seeing the point, as usual. your double standard blinds you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Players actually got fined for shooting 3's in his era, though .

Kyrie lacks height and still gets enough separation to hit a decent clip. With Jordan you are talking about a guy who had zero problem getting separation. And that's with players hanging on to his jersey which is not allowed now. He was gifted athletically and also used his large hands to his advantage with pump fakes the same way Leonard does.

I do get what you are saying but I am not sure you get my point. I don't think Jordan is going to evolve into Curry. His game is most comparable to Kobe and he had a higher bball IQ than Kobe and was more efficient overall. Kobe is at 33% so naturally Jordan's % is higher as he just took less ill advised shots. Kobe took some of the worst shots known to mankind and still had some decent years from distance.

I know the 3 ball is waaaay more prevalent today but he still played in an era with the 3 point shot. He had 17 years to become a decent 3 point shooter and he never was one. I don’t think you realize how hard it is to be the man AND have a 3 point shot. There aren’t ANY shooting guards that I know of that were able to be the focal point on offense, create for others, and shoot the 3 ball at a good clip that you say besides James Harden. Lebron is 6’9. He has a size advantage over everyone which helps his 3 point % bc he can just pull up and shoot. Same with Durant. But smaller players hav to run around screens, do pic n roll 3s, or step backs. They aren’t set most of the time when they’re shooting.

I believe if Michael Jordan was in an Ariza role than of course he could be a good 3 point shooter. But in the role he played his entire career, I don’t see it happening. Even Kobe shot like 33% for his career. It’s hard man. Damn near impossible. There’s a difference in Michael being a good 3 point shooter and Michael doing all the things he was doing on top of being a good 3 point shooter. Kyrie Irving won a 3 point contest, is an all world shooter and dribbler, yet he shoots like 37% from 3.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Kyrie lacks height and still gets enough separation to hit a decent clip. With Jordan you are talking about a guy who had zero problem getting separation. And that's with players hanging on to his jersey which is not allowed now. He was gifted athletically and also used his large hands to his advantage with pump fakes the same way Leonard does.
    grabbing jerseys was never allowed. but sometimes players got away with it. and they still do. frequently.

this is the kind of crap that gets old.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I agree his arc is a bit flat ...not as much as Kiwi but similar... but i disagree that his form is not great. his pose and follow through are great as a pure jump shooter ...but i do question his ability to shoot a very high 3pt % but he is clutch and compe ive so i wouldn't bet against his success in any era. However the he would average 50 in todays nba is false and i doubt he shoots anywhere above 35% he used to much leg on his shot to be elite or close to it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I agree his arc is a bit flat ...not as much as Kiwi but similar... but i disagree that his form is not great. his pose and follow through are great as a pure jump shooter ...but i do question his ability to shoot a very high 3pt % but he is clutch and compe ive so i wouldn't bet against his success in any era. However the he would average 50 in todays nba is false and i doubt he shoots anywhere above 35% he used to much leg on his shot to be elite or close to it.
    The only way anybody averages 40 or more in today's NBA is if they play for D'Antoni and he runs them ragged the way he does with Harden. Could he? I think so, but it would never happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan had no problem creating separation because he didn't have, the refs made sure of that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    grabbing jerseys was never allowed. but sometimes players got away with it. and they still do. frequently.

this is the kind of crap that gets old.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You talking about old Jordan who needed to push off.

Jordan had no problem creating separation because he didn't have, the refs made sure of that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You talking about old Jordan who needed to push off.
    No Im talking 90-91Jordan and onwards

Thread Information