Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 10% is a manufactured gambler's fallacy number. It could be .0001%. It could be that wearing it exposes a higher percentage to chronic lung issues though inhalation of bacterial growth on the mask. There are a lot of other possibilities than "helps 10% of the time".
    Do tell. Give me your numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really, no. The problem early was that medical personnel didn't have masks while people were hoarding them, thus discouraging them was the right thing to do as part of any medical emergency.

Probably didn't have to be done with the administration didn't botch the response so badly and failed to stockpile (and this falls on this and the previous administration) the necessary masks.
    So you're saying the CDC and the surgeon general said face masks don't prevent the spread of the virus as a clever lie to conserve face masks? That almost sounds worse than just being ignorant of asymptomatic people or people simply not yet showing symptoms.

Occam's razor says that both the CDC and the surgeon general genuinely believed face mask use for people not showing symptoms was pointless, instead of some clever conspiracy to lie about the efficacy of using them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cases don't arent people. Not how the cdc counts it.

Cdc claims over 20 million Americans already HAD covid. Can't have 20 million already had it and claim to be highly transmissible or fatal. Can't be both
    CDC didn't make that claim. Stop lying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying the CDC and the surgeon general said face masks don't prevent the spread of the virus as a clever lie to conserve face masks? That almost sounds worse than just being ignorant of asymptomatic people or people simply not yet showing symptoms.
    Well, the CDC is a branch of the Executive, so they certainly are not necessarily bound to science as an epidemiologist would. And sure, plenty of blame to go around for the ups in the response to this pandemic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC didn't make that claim. Stop lying.
    You are lazy

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Thursday that an estimated 20 million Americans, about 6% of the population, have likely been infected with COVID-19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the tune of almost 130k dead in a matter of 6 months...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are lazy

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Thursday that an estimated 20 million Americans, about 6% of the population, have likely been infected with COVID-19
    And you can stop your gossip el nono

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are lazy

So they didn't claim they're infected, but that they could be. Again, stop making claims the CDC didn't make.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the tune of almost 130k dead in a matter of 6 months...
    And this will never be proven. As many are not confirmed cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the CDC is a branch of the Executive, so they certainly are not necessarily bound to science as an epidemiologist would. And sure, plenty of blame to go around for the ups in the response to this pandemic.
    Except the most obvious answer is that face masks actually do not help prevent the spread of the virus, but it might help encourage awareness of social distancing and proper hygiene, that the virus is active, and that is important in preventing the spread. It might also serve to salve some anxiety by people who just know they are going to get it and die.. you know, the hypochondriacs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you can stop your gossip el nono
    You can't make me. shhh, girl... adults talking here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they didn't claim they're infected, but that they could be. Again, stop making claims the CDC didn't make.
    Lol
    So let me get this straight. You accept cdc probable cases.
    You do not accept when cdc states 20 mil have probably been infected.

Got it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is that different than saying 130K have likely died of COVID?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol he believes cases hospitalizations and fatalities. All include lots of Probable.

Does not believe cdc stating probable.... lololololololol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except the most obvious answer is that face masks actually do not help prevent the spread of the virus, but it might help encourage awareness of social distancing and proper hygiene, that the virus is active, and that is important in preventing the spread. It might also serve to salve some anxiety by people who just know they are going to get it and die.. you know, the hypochondriacs.
    I mean, I don't necessarily discard a psychological factor, but on the other hand, this isn't the first pandemic we face, and we know masks generally do help minimize the spread of airborne pathogens (thus why they're mandatory for medical personnel). The difference here is that the medical personnel use N95 masks which have a much higher level of protection, and are supposed to protect both the wearer and the patients. For the typical mask, that's obviously not the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol
    So let me get this straight. You accept cdc probable cases.
    You do not accept when cdc states 20 mil have probably been infected.

Got it
    No, I never made a case with the CDC numbers, but the actual locally recorded numbers, none of which claim to be estimates.

Swing and miss again, try a little harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol he believes cases hospitalizations and fatalities. All include lots of Probable.

Does not believe cdc stating probable.... lololololololol
    I think it's how it's presented. CDC calls deaths an actual number and says it is likely higher, even though the finer print says the counting and reporting schemes are various and local/state controlled. On the other hand, it uses "probable" for stats that no politician is chasing or running from.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he does not accept because then the ifr is low. Cog dis just witnessed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say they likely died of covid, I flat out said they died of covid, per the local counts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I never made a case with the CDC numbers, but the actual locally recorded numbers, none of which claim to be estimates.

Swing and miss again, try a little harder.
    what do you mean? Locally recorded include probables based off cdc guidelines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's how it's presented. CDC calls deaths an actual number and says it is likely higher, even though the finer print says the counting and reporting schemes are various and local/state controlled. On the other hand, it uses "probable" for stats that no politician is chasing or running from.
    The CDC reports actually says they made that estimate based on the number of positives vs negatives on the blood tests they've received so far. It's an estimate. It's much different than what they do when they report actual numbers from deaths as they came in from actual death certificates.

Apples and oranges, basically.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say they likely died of covid, I flat out said they died of covid, per the local counts.
    Lol you dont understand how they count cases deaths or hospitalization. Really? Oh my

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do you mean? Locally recorded include probables based off cdc guidelines.
    I have simply no reason to doubt that a death certificate that says covid is not. An estimate is a completely different thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you dont understand how they count cases deaths or hospitalization. Really? Oh my
    No, you don't understand what an estimate is, period.

Again, swing and miss, try a little harder.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CDC reports actually says they made that estimate based on the number of positives vs negatives on the blood tests they've received so far. It's an estimate. It's much different than what they do when they report actual numbers from deaths as they came in from actual death certificates.

Apples and oranges, basically.
    lololoololol

No its not. Localities count off cdc guidance. Probable deaths only have to have a symptom. No pos test

Thread Information