Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No youve reiterated this daily
    Serious question: do you wear your mask when you go to the grocery store or the ice house?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ODD, or do you just like making up?
    all of the above

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question: do you wear your mask when you go to the grocery store or the ice house?
    Yes. I have no problem wearing it of that makes others feel safe. Nor do I have a problem with others not wearing it if they do not want to wear it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. I have no problem wearing it of that makes others feel safe. Nor do I have a problem with others not wearing it if they do not want to wear it
    Good to hear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nor do I have a problem with others not wearing it if they do not want to wear it
    That's why we're where we're at it. Muh freedom idiots like you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In case you are interested
    Just some facts
    From Dr. Fauci.
    “Chickenpox is a virus. Lots of people have had it, and probably don't think about it much once the initial illness has passed. But it stays in your body and lives there forever, and maybe when you're older, you have debilitatingly painful outbreaks of shingles. You don't just get over this virus in a few weeks, never to have another health effect. We know this because it's been around for years, and has been studied medically for years.
    Herpes is also a virus. And once someone has it, it stays in your body and lives there forever, and anytime they get a little run down or stressed-out they're going to have an outbreak. Maybe every time you have a big event coming up (school pictures, job interview, big date) you're going to get a cold sore. For the rest of your life. You don't just get over it in a few weeks. We know this because it's been around for years, and been studied medically for years.
    HIV is a virus. It attacks the immune system and makes the carrier far more vulnerable to other illnesses. It has a list of symptoms and negative health impacts that goes on and on. It was decades before viable treatments were developed that allowed people to live with a reasonable quality of life. Once you have it, it lives in your body forever and there is no cure. Over time, that takes a toll on the body, putting people living with HIV at greater risk for health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, diabetes, bone disease, liver disease, cognitive disorders, and some types of cancer. We know this because it has been around for years, and had been studied medically for years.
    Now with COVID-19, we have a novel virus that spreads rapidly and easily. The full spectrum of symptoms and health effects is only just beginning to be cataloged, much less understood.
    So far the symptoms may include:
    Fever
    Fatigue
    Coughing
    Pneumonia
    Chills/Trembling
    Acute respiratory distress
    Lung damage (potentially permanent)
    Loss of taste (a neurological symptom)
    Sore throat
    Headaches
    Difficulty breathing
    Mental confusion
    Diarrhea
    Nausea or vomiting
    Loss of appe e
    Strokes have also been reported in some people who have COVID-19 (even in the relatively young)
    Swollen eyes
    Blood clots
    Seizures
    Liver damage
    Kidney damage
    Rash
    COVID toes (weird, right?)
    People testing positive for COVID-19 have been do ented to be sick even after 60 days. Many people are sick for weeks, get better, and then experience a rapid and sudden flare up and get sick all over again. A man in Seattle was hospitalized for 62 days, and while well enough to be released, still has a long road of recovery ahead of him. Not to mention a $1.1 million medical bill.
    Then there is MIS-C. Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children is a condition where different body parts can become inflamed, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, or gastrointestinal organs. Children with MIS-C may have a fever and various symptoms, including abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, neck pain, rash, bloodshot eyes, or feeling extra tired. While rare, it has caused deaths.
    This disease has not been around for years. It has basically been 6 months. No one knows yet the long-term health effects, or how it may present itself years down the road for people who have been exposed. We literally *do not know* what we do not know.
    For those in our society who suggest that people being cautious are cowards, for people who refuse to take even the simplest of precautions to protect themselves and those around them, I want to ask, without hyperbole and in all sincerity:
    How dare you?
    How dare you risk the lives of others so cavalierly. How dare you decide for others that they should welcome exposure as "getting it over with", when literally no one knows who will be the lucky "mild symptoms" case, and who may fall ill and die. Because while we know that some people are more susceptible to suffering a more serious case, we also know that 20 and 30-year-olds have died, marathon runners and fitness nuts have died, children and infants have died.
    How dare you behave as though you know more than medical experts, when those same experts acknowledge that there is so much we don't yet know, but with what we DO know, are smart enough to be scared of how easily this is spread, and recommend baseline precautions such as:
    Frequent hand-washing
    Physical distancing
    Reduced social/public contact or interaction
    Mask wearing
    Covering your cough or sneeze
    Avoiding touching your face
    Sanitizing frequently touched surfaces
    The more things we can all do to mitigate our risk of exposure, the better off we all are, in my opinion. Not only does it flatten the curve and allow health care providers to maintain levels of service that aren't immediately and catastrophically overwhelmed; it also reduces unnecessary suffering and deaths, and buys time for the scientific community to study the virus in order to come to a more full understanding of the breadth of its impacts in both the short and long term.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why we're where we're at it. Muh freedom idiots like you.
    Lolololololol name calling

Triggered

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where was fauciz mask at the game? Why no distancing at the
    Game? Why stay at the game?

Oh thats right. Muh freedom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just some facts
    From Dr. Fauci.
    “Chickenpox is a virus. Lots of people have had it, and probably don't think about it much once the initial illness has passed. But it stays in your body and lives there forever, and maybe when you're older, you have debilitatingly painful outbreaks of shingles. You don't just get over this virus in a few weeks, never to have another health effect. We know this because it's been around for years, and has been studied medically for years.
    Herpes is also a virus. And once someone has it, it stays in your body and lives there forever, and anytime they get a little run down or stressed-out they're going to have an outbreak. Maybe every time you have a big event coming up (school pictures, job interview, big date) you're going to get a cold sore. For the rest of your life. You don't just get over it in a few weeks. We know this because it's been around for years, and been studied medically for years.
    HIV is a virus. It attacks the immune system and makes the carrier far more vulnerable to other illnesses. It has a list of symptoms and negative health impacts that goes on and on. It was decades before viable treatments were developed that allowed people to live with a reasonable quality of life. Once you have it, it lives in your body forever and there is no cure. Over time, that takes a toll on the body, putting people living with HIV at greater risk for health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, diabetes, bone disease, liver disease, cognitive disorders, and some types of cancer. We know this because it has been around for years, and had been studied medically for years.
    Now with COVID-19, we have a novel virus that spreads rapidly and easily. The full spectrum of symptoms and health effects is only just beginning to be cataloged, much less understood.
    So far the symptoms may include:
    Fever
    Fatigue
    Coughing
    Pneumonia
    Chills/Trembling
    Acute respiratory distress
    Lung damage (potentially permanent)
    Loss of taste (a neurological symptom)
    Sore throat
    Headaches
    Difficulty breathing
    Mental confusion
    Diarrhea
    Nausea or vomiting
    Loss of appe e
    Strokes have also been reported in some people who have COVID-19 (even in the relatively young)
    Swollen eyes
    Blood clots
    Seizures
    Liver damage
    Kidney damage
    Rash
    COVID toes (weird, right?)
    People testing positive for COVID-19 have been do ented to be sick even after 60 days. Many people are sick for weeks, get better, and then experience a rapid and sudden flare up and get sick all over again. A man in Seattle was hospitalized for 62 days, and while well enough to be released, still has a long road of recovery ahead of him. Not to mention a $1.1 million medical bill.
    Then there is MIS-C. Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children is a condition where different body parts can become inflamed, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, or gastrointestinal organs. Children with MIS-C may have a fever and various symptoms, including abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, neck pain, rash, bloodshot eyes, or feeling extra tired. While rare, it has caused deaths.
    This disease has not been around for years. It has basically been 6 months. No one knows yet the long-term health effects, or how it may present itself years down the road for people who have been exposed. We literally *do not know* what we do not know.
    For those in our society who suggest that people being cautious are cowards, for people who refuse to take even the simplest of precautions to protect themselves and those around them, I want to ask, without hyperbole and in all sincerity:
    How dare you?
    How dare you risk the lives of others so cavalierly. How dare you decide for others that they should welcome exposure as "getting it over with", when literally no one knows who will be the lucky "mild symptoms" case, and who may fall ill and die. Because while we know that some people are more susceptible to suffering a more serious case, we also know that 20 and 30-year-olds have died, marathon runners and fitness nuts have died, children and infants have died.
    How dare you behave as though you know more than medical experts, when those same experts acknowledge that there is so much we don't yet know, but with what we DO know, are smart enough to be scared of how easily this is spread, and recommend baseline precautions such as:
    Frequent hand-washing
    Physical distancing
    Reduced social/public contact or interaction
    Mask wearing
    Covering your cough or sneeze
    Avoiding touching your face
    Sanitizing frequently touched surfaces
    The more things we can all do to mitigate our risk of exposure, the better off we all are, in my opinion. Not only does it flatten the curve and allow health care providers to maintain levels of service that aren't immediately and catastrophically overwhelmed; it also reduces unnecessary suffering and deaths, and buys time for the scientific community to study the virus in order to come to a more full understanding of the breadth of its impacts in both the short and long term.
    Supposing the repost = endorsement, thanks for clarifying your stance.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

crickets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are the beta es the Chumpettes follow over the cliff.

TheGreatYacht

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positivity rate dropped from 22% to 17.7%... so still pretty ing high but better than before. Doubling rate in infections is 18 days. 5% of dead in Bexar County less than 40 years old. 11% of hospital beds available, which is a bit of drop from the 13% I think was reported Friday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bexar county heading in the right direction. Appears that we peaked a couple of weeks ago and now new cases are trending down.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TheGreatYacht

Masks for thee but not for me

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you aren't addressing the problem of no mask no social distancing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you aren't addressing the problem of no mask no social distancing?
    Dr Fauci:

"The other person is a very close friend of mine. John, I think this is sort of mischievous with this thing going around. I had my mask around my chin, I had taken it down. I was totally dehydrated and I was drinking water trying to rehydrate myself. And by the way, I was negative Covid literally the day before.

So I guess if people want to make a thing of that, I wear a mask all the time when I’m outside. To pull it down, to take some sips of water, and put it back up again, I guess if people want to make something about that, they can. But to me, I think that’s just mischievous."

You guys are ing morons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TheGreatYacht

Fully agree with you, this is a sport for beta es.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One look at the mound will tell you that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One look at the mound will tell you that.
    The whole 'sport' is absolutely terrible. down there with Nascar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like I'll be drawn back into this debate for a bit.

There's only two mainstream sports that reward beta behavior: Soccer and basketball, the former rewarding even more beta behavior. As we all know.

And a tie is the most beta outcome a contest can have.

But yeah, yeah, baseball is slow and they don't like run around and stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just some facts
    From Dr. Fauci.
    Just as a side note, the shingles vaccine sucks. Expect flu symptoms for 24-48 hrs after and then you have to do it again 3 months later. Better than getting shingles though, that is awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci fits right in. Looks and walks like a 12 year old premens girl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Masks for thee but not for me
    TGY slagging Roman Catholics now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr Fauci:

"The other person is a very close friend of mine. John, I think this is sort of mischievous with this thing going around. I had my mask around my chin, I had taken it down. I was totally dehydrated and I was drinking water trying to rehydrate myself. And by the way, I was negative Covid literally the day before.

So I guess if people want to make a thing of that, I wear a mask all the time when I’m outside. To pull it down, to take some sips of water, and put it back up again, I guess if people want to make something about that, they can. But to me, I think that’s just mischievous."

You guys are ing morons
    Loloool

No water in hand. Covid doesn't pass between friends.

No social distancing.

Hypocrite

Thread Information