Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would have been front page news and Doc would surely have mentioned it the other players and a leak from them would have occurred. 2. If there are any skinheads organized in SA, they would have continued to do what skinheads do. Anyone heard of any similar cases? 3. All things considered race relations have been pretty good in San Antonio. The schools were integrated as soon as the Brown V. Board of Education was decided by the Supreme Court without any big problems like happened in Little Rock. 4. Lots of black Spurs players have made SA their permanent home after retirement and continued to be valuable and active members of the community. I don't think they would have chosen SA for their permanent home unless they felt comfortable that some skinheads weren't going to burn them out.

If I was Doc and had a crazy girlfriend who came over and set my house on fire, I'd float a story about skinheads or something too.

I call BS on this report.
    Do you live in San Antonio? Sean Elliott just spoke on this........ no need to explain for us.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    link to sean’s commenta?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean didn't speak to Doc's situation. But I can agree with his comments that he feels like he has to represent black people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you live in San Antonio? Sean Elliott just spoke on this........ no need to explain for us.
    I grew up in SA and lived there for many years. I was part of a student body at a prominent high school which made an effort to have black students enroll without any scenes like those at Little Rock high during the years immediately after the Brown v. Board of Education ruling that outlawed so-called separate but equal schools and mandated integration. Were there individual instances of racism? Probably, but the general view of the students was to make integration a non-issue.

I have a grandson, Alejandro, who may run into bias issues in SA, but hopefully not often and without serious damage to his psyche. No place that I know is completely free from the tribal core that develops racism. I've run into Black people and Brown people who hate me for simply being a white person, even when they don't know me. We've seen plenty of racism on ST where people can hide behind their usernames to call other people names. It goes with the territory of being part of humanity I guess. There are always going to be morons who see only skin color for their assessment of a person.

I read the comment from Sean. He expressed his feelings about being black in San Antonio with comments that he runs into prejudice here occasionally, but never blames all whites or San Antonio. There may be better places in the world to live, but he chose this place --and most of us, white, Black and Brown are happy he did. He didn't mention the skin head fire thing though which started the discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are these people with heads made entirely of skin?

I require more information please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would have been front page news and Doc would surely have mentioned it the other players and a leak from them would have occurred. 2. If there are any skinheads organized in SA, they would have continued to do what skinheads do. Anyone heard of any similar cases? 3. All things considered race relations have been pretty good in San Antonio. The schools were integrated as soon as the Brown V. Board of Education was decided by the Supreme Court without any big problems like happened in Little Rock. 4. Lots of black Spurs players have made SA their permanent home after retirement and continued to be valuable and active members of the community. I don't think they would have chosen SA for their permanent home unless they felt comfortable that some skinheads weren't going to burn them out.

If I was Doc and had a crazy girlfriend who came over and set my house on fire, I'd float a story about skinheads or something too.

I call BS on this report.
    Keep in mind the fire started in Doc's wife's clothes closet. Does that sound like an act by "skinheads", or a move by an angry, crazy jilted girlfriend?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Keep in mind the fire started in Doc's wife's clothes closet. Does that sound like an act by "skinheads", or a move by an angry, crazy jilted girlfriend?
    Considering what we know publicly of Doc and Austin's dating lives - this is most likely true.

Not another noose in the garage conspiracy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering what we know publicly of Doc and Austin's dating lives - this is most likely true.

Not another noose in the garage conspiracy
    Let’s hope not, this country has too many ( noose ) situations present throughout history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No noose is good noose

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc is attempting some revisionist history. This story is pure bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know either way but let’s not act like it’s far fetched homies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might have happened, who knows. Shavano is sketchy. One of my HS GFs lived behind the house of Allen Blackthorne (millionaire who killed his wife).

https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...ll-5907669.php

He didn't kill his wife. He paid a Mexican to kill his ex-wife.

His daughters Stevie and Daryl went to school with me for a few years before they left with their mom to Florida.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, it seems Doc is another Smollet/Bubba Wallace?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know either way but let’s not act like it’s far fetched homies.
    It's pretty far fetched that an NBA coach would get his house burned down by skinheads without their being a major fuss...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty far fetched that an NBA coach would get his house burned down by skinheads without their being a major fuss...
    Correct. And, during this same time was around the time those skin heads beat the out of a few gays in Olmos Park and it was all over the news and they captured them. It was a news around that time in that area.

That was in Alamo Heights. You can't get more old-money, racist than Alamo Heights in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't kill his wife. He paid a Mexican to kill his ex-wife.

His daughters Stevie and Daryl went to school with me for a few years before they left with their mom to Florida.
    He didn't pay the Mexican to kill his wife. He simply wanted him to rough her up and scare her. The Mexican didn't quite understand the orders and killed her.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't pay the Mexican to kill his wife. He simply wanted him to rough her up and scare her. The Mexican didn't quite understand the orders and killed her.
    No sir.

Detectives went on to discover that Blackthorne had asked Daniel Alex Rocha, a bookie with whom he golfed, to take care of Bellush so he could gain custody of their daughters. Rocha contacted Samuel Gonzales, whose cousin, Jose Luis Del Toro Jr., killed Bellush.In addition to Blackthorne, Rocha and Del Toro were sentenced to life in prison.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you say so����

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always heard this was a cover story for his girlfriend having done it, but hey, I wasn't there.

Insofar as Sean, he is one of the nicest and approachable guys you could imagine. I met him a few times.

I think there are times when people confuse somebody who is just being an a-hole for true racism. I am not saying this is true in Sean's case, but there are people out there who just say hateful things, not because it is rooted in racism, but because they are just a-holes. People like to get a rise from others by talking junk. Take these forums as proof...it happens all of the time.

My wife and I have been attacked with racist comments in the past, and while some may have been legit racism, most I attribute to people just being a-holes. There are a-holes of every color in the world...best to just ignore them. Ignoring them strips them of their pseudo power.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can be an Ahole without being racist but all racist are Aholes! Being called a racial slur in a derogatory manner cons utes racist behavior.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YOU don't live in SA, you constantly whining got. I know Sean personally. Used to live near him and we both kept big sal er aquariums. That little un-air conditioned fish store off Vance Jackson used to give him a discount on ... because he's a much-loved celebrity.

He gets treated like royalty in San Antonio, by damn near everyone. And if you asked him that directly he would agree. So he was at La Cantera playing golf with business execs, and some asshole driving by yelled a word. They yell at the golfers right there all the time, because they watched Happy Gilmore or something. They yell whatever they think will with the golfers. That one incident has so little to do with the way he is treated, it's totally insignificant. If he's making the point that there are still racists, fine. But when that's your best example, it's just not that bad. I would have told him that, and would tell him that now if I lived there still. I guarantee you, his response would be something like, "Oh, no, I didn't mean it like that."

He's a really good guy. You aren't. And you talk out of your ass way, way too much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YOU don't live in SA, you constantly whining got. I know Sean personally. Used to live near him and we both kept big sal er aquariums. That little un-air conditioned fish store off Vance Jackson used to give him a discount on ... because he's a much-loved celebrity.

He gets treated like royalty in San Antonio, by damn near everyone. And if you asked him that directly he would agree. So he was at La Cantera playing golf with business execs, and some asshole driving by yelled a word. They yell at the golfers right there all the time, because they watched Happy Gilmore or something. They yell whatever they think will with the golfers. That one incident has so little to do with the way he is treated, it's totally insignificant. If he's making the point that there are still racists, fine. But when that's your best example, it's just not that bad. I would have told him that, and would tell him that now if I lived there still. I guarantee you, his response would be something like, "Oh, no, I didn't mean it like that."

He's a really good guy. You aren't. And you talk out of your ass way, way too much.
    I just saw this........lol! No words for you.......

Thread Information