36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Big Ben:
    7.8 Yards/Attempt
    144-71 record
    No losing seasons
    INT%: 2.6 (somehow people say he's careless with the ball though)
    3 SB trips

Brees:
    7.6 Yards/Attempt
    163-111 record
    7 losing seasons out of 19
    INT%: 2.3
    1 SB trip
    I don't care about his touchdown total. They're usually of the 1 yard fade route variety because he's a stat padder.

Legacy wise Ben has been more relevant to the NFL over the course of his career. Rookie season and 2nd year SB run tops anything Drew ever did (which was basically just capitalizing on Favre's mistake)
    Last edited by AlexJones; 06-20-2020 at 01:30 AM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Rapelinsberger was carried by elite defense. Zero Super Bowl MVP's, zero all-pros. Never in reg season MVP contention. Had elite offensive supporting cast and still has no individual awards. Great quarterback but not as great as Brees.

Breesus and it's not even close. He's more accurate, has better pocket awareness, better decision-maker. All Benjamin has on him is mobility and sack-breaking ability, but he's not speedster himself, and Brees compensates this by his superior vision and pocket-movement.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Rapelinsberger was carried by elite defense. Zero Super Bowl MVP's, zero all-pros. Never in reg season MVP contention. Had elite offensive supporting cast and still has no individual awards. Great quarterback but not as great as Brees.

Breesus and it's not even close. He's more accurate, has better pocket awareness, better decision-maker. All Benjamin has on him is mobility and sack-breaking ability, but he's not speedster himself, and Brees compensates this by his superior vision and pocket-movement.
    Exactly. OP is dumb. Big Rape was carried by an all time great supporting cast and still managed to lose to a #6 seed in a Super Bowl. Threw a pick 6 in the process. Big Rape is solid in the regular season against piss poor AFC trash with elite skill talent around him but he shrivels like a tomato in the Texas heat against the best teams and in the playoffs.

the Steelers' 2 super bowl wins with Big Rape came when they had the clear cut #1 defense in the world and the NFC really wasn't all that good in the 2000s save for the choking Eagles.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Rapelinsberger was carried by elite defense
    This. Steelers >> Ain'ts all time, that's why Big Ben's stats have been great. Brees is much more accurate, and also Big Ben had better weapons back in the day. In his prime, Brees had overrated Reggie Bush and average Colston, Joe Horn, Deuce McAllister etc, while Big Ben had Leveon Bell, Wallace, Sanders, AB, etc. even Santonio Holmes and Hines Ward (arguably Ben's worst complementary pieces) were the same as Colston in terms of being very average. All the while having stud defenses and coaching, while the Aints best was Bountygate and lost draft picks bc of that

Big Ben also would have (should have) lost in the '08 SB against Kurt Warner/Larry Fitzgerald/Anquan Boldin Cardinals if it wasn't for heroics by James Harrison's 100 yard interception/fumble/whatever return to close the first half and crazy performance by Santonio Holmes
    Last edited by phxspurfan; 06-21-2020 at 01:26 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Colston was not average. Neither was Jimmy Graham. But yeah Ben has had better weapons consistently.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Colston was not average. Neither was Jimmy Graham. But yeah Ben has had better weapons consistently.
    While Colston is inferior to Thomas, I felt like Colston was the reason Brees and the Saints decided on Thomas over the other receivers they could have had. Archetypes matter.

This. Steelers >> Ain'ts all time, that's why Big Ben's stats have been great. Brees is much more accurate, and also Big Ben had better weapons back in the day. In his prime, Brees had overrated Reggie Bush and average Colston, Joe Horn, Deuce McAllister etc, while Big Ben had Leveon Bell, Wallace, Sanders, AB, etc. even Santonio Holmes and Hines Ward (arguably Ben's worst complementary pieces) were the same as Colston in terms of being very average. All the while having stud defenses and coaching, while the Aints best was Bountygate and lost draft picks bc of that

Big Ben also would have (should have) lost in the '08 SB against Kurt Warner/Larry Fitzgerald/Anquan Boldin Cardinals if it wasn't for heroics by James Harrison's 100 yard interception/fumble/whatever return to close the first half and crazy performance by Santonio Holmes
    Super obvious block in the back during that game changing 100 yard pick 6.
    Still a stupid throw by Warner, just sayin.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I still remember the year in fantasy football when you could play Colston at tight end

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    We gonna pretend that Seahawks-Steelers SB wasn’t rigged? Even the AZ one 3 years later was bad, but not as much. Holmes’ second foot never got down...it just landed on his other foot.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    While Colston is inferior to Thomas, I felt like Colston was the reason Brees and the Saints decided on Thomas over the other receivers they could have had. Archetypes matter.
    Brees likes big posesssion receivers with strong hands, who he can throw to 15+ times/game. He had enough of speedsters with questionable hands like Ted Ginn Jr

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    We gonna pretend that Seahawks-Steelers SB wasn’t rigged? Even the AZ one 3 years later was bad, but not as much. Holmes’ second foot never got down...it just landed on his other foot.
    yep. santonio's toe landed on the heel of his other foot.

imo

Thread Information